One thing 343 did amazing on.....

…was the reticules.
I know it seems like such a minor thing, but Halo’s reticules are important to the game. Each weapon has to have a unique one almost, I’m glad 343 took the time and effort to make proper unique looking Halo reticules for each new weapons while also creating and improving the older weapon’s.

the reticules aren’t amazing, the aim assist and bullet magnetism is :wink:

> …was the reticules.
> I know it seems like such a minor thing, but Halo’s reticules are important to the game. Each weapon has to have a unique one almost, I’m glad 343 took the time and effort to make proper unique looking Halo reticules for each new weapons while also creating and improving the older weapon’s.

Well said OP!

Um, there just reticles.

The new Energy sword reticle is terrible.

> The new Energy sword reticle is terrible.

Agreed, I miss the old crescent reticule. :’(

> The new Energy sword reticle is terrible.

I don’t even remember the one it had before so I can’t really say.

The Scattershot one is really cool.

I could not possibly disagree more. In fact, the reticle could possibly be the leading reason I play Blops 2 over Halo 4. No joke.

Why? Because 343i along with Bungie (post Halo CE) decided to place the aiming reticle below the center line of the screen. Meaning, I have to pitch the screen upward in order to keep the reticle at head level.

This is perhaps a seemingly insignificant change to some, but this actually causes a feeling of disorientation since the normal human viewing angle is actually angled downward not upward. My body physically reacts although something is wrong, and begins to act defensively as though its being poisoned. My stomach literally churns while I play Halo. No other FPS does this to me.

I HATE the reticle in Halo 4.

> I could not possibly disagree more. In fact, the reticle could possibly be the leading reason I play Blops 2 over Halo 4. No joke.
>
> Why? Because 343i along with Bungie (post Halo CE) decided to place the aiming reticle below the center line of the screen. Meaning, I have to pitch the screen upward in order to keep the reticle at head level.
>
> This is perhaps a seemingly insignificant change to some, but this actually causes a feeling of disorientation since the normal human viewing angle is actually angled downward not upward. My body physically reacts although something is wrong, and begins to act defensively as though its being poisoned. My stomach literally churns while I play Halo. No other FPS does this to me.
>
> I HATE the reticle in Halo 4.

Uhm, not sure what to say here. I’ve never heard of any so bothered by the reticule placement before.

> I could not possibly disagree more. In fact, the reticle could possibly be the leading reason I play Blops 2 over Halo 4. No joke.
>
> Why? Because 343i along with Bungie (post Halo CE) decided to place the aiming reticle below the center line of the screen. Meaning, I have to pitch the screen upward in order to keep the reticle at head level.
>
> This is perhaps a seemingly insignificant change to some, but this actually causes a feeling of disorientation since the normal human viewing angle is actually angled downward not upward. My body physically reacts although something is wrong, and begins to act defensively as though its being poisoned. My stomach literally churns while I play Halo. No other FPS does this to me.
>
> I HATE the reticle in Halo 4.

Can’t tell if joking…or serious.

> > I could not possibly disagree more. In fact, the reticle could possibly be the leading reason I play Blops 2 over Halo 4. No joke.
> >
> > Why? Because 343i along with Bungie (post Halo CE) decided to place the aiming reticle below the center line of the screen. Meaning, I have to pitch the screen upward in order to keep the reticle at head level.
> >
> > This is perhaps a seemingly insignificant change to some, but this actually causes a feeling of disorientation since the normal human viewing angle is actually angled downward not upward. My body physically reacts although something is wrong, and begins to act defensively as though its being poisoned. My stomach literally churns while I play Halo. No other FPS does this to me.
> >
> > I HATE the reticle in Halo 4.
>
> Uhm, not sure what to say here. I’ve never heard of any so bothered by the reticule placement before.

I’m not entirely sure, but I don’t think he’s serious. If he is, that’s just sad. It’s hard to tell, though. Humor doesn’t come across well over the internet.

> > > I could not possibly disagree more. In fact, the reticle could possibly be the leading reason I play Blops 2 over Halo 4. No joke.
> > >
> > > Why? Because 343i along with Bungie (post Halo CE) decided to place the aiming reticle below the center line of the screen. Meaning, I have to pitch the screen upward in order to keep the reticle at head level.
> > >
> > > This is perhaps a seemingly insignificant change to some, but this actually causes a feeling of disorientation since the normal human viewing angle is actually angled downward not upward. My body physically reacts although something is wrong, and begins to act defensively as though its being poisoned. My stomach literally churns while I play Halo. No other FPS does this to me.
> > >
> > > I HATE the reticle in Halo 4.
> >
> > Uhm, not sure what to say here. I’ve never heard of any so bothered by the reticule placement before.
>
> I’m not entirely sure, but I don’t think he’s serious. If he is, that’s just sad. It’s hard to tell, though. Humor doesn’t come across well over the internet.

I don’t think he’s joking. I just feel sorry for him honestly, it’s not like he’s choosing to feel this way. Some people have motion sickness and other stuff like that, maybe this is somewhat related?

> > I could not possibly disagree more. In fact, the reticle could possibly be the leading reason I play Blops 2 over Halo 4. No joke.
> >
> > Why? Because 343i along with Bungie (post Halo CE) decided to place the aiming reticle below the center line of the screen. Meaning, I have to pitch the screen upward in order to keep the reticle at head level.
> >
> > This is perhaps a seemingly insignificant change to some, but this actually causes a feeling of disorientation since the normal human viewing angle is actually angled downward not upward. My body physically reacts although something is wrong, and begins to act defensively as though its being poisoned. My stomach literally churns while I play Halo. No other FPS does this to me.
> >
>
> Uhm, not sure what to say here. I’ve never heard of any so bothered by the reticule placement before.

Well, no other FPS games place the reticle below center except for Halo. And why would they, looking upward is not a natural viewing perspective. When navigating a map, I actually have to pitch my reticle at the ground so my eyes are looking at the upper 1/3rd of the screen. Otherwise I literally begin to get sick.

Halo makes it so much worse, because the aiming reticle is placed below center, it makes the aiming correction needed unbearable. So I leave it pitched upward, and endure my stomach churning.

Many people suffer from this. When something affects your orientation or affects your vision, the body can go into a defensive mode as though its being poisoned.

This type of physical reaction is more commonly seen in games with a narrow Field of View.

> When something affects your orientation or affects your vision, the body can go into a defensive mode as though its being poisoned.
> This type of physical reaction is more commonly seen in games with a narrow Field of View.

<mark>The perfect murder.</mark>

lol " One thing 343 did amaizing…"

Epic fail at a compliment

> > > I could not possibly disagree more. In fact, the reticle could possibly be the leading reason I play Blops 2 over Halo 4. No joke.
> > >
> > > Why? Because 343i along with Bungie (post Halo CE) decided to place the aiming reticle below the center line of the screen. Meaning, I have to pitch the screen upward in order to keep the reticle at head level.
> > >
> > > This is perhaps a seemingly insignificant change to some, but this actually causes a feeling of disorientation since the normal human viewing angle is actually angled downward not upward. My body physically reacts although something is wrong, and begins to act defensively as though its being poisoned. My stomach literally churns while I play Halo. No other FPS does this to me.
> > >
> > > I HATE the reticle in Halo 4.
> >
> > Uhm, not sure what to say here. I’ve never heard of any so bothered by the reticule placement before.
>
> Well, no other FPS games place the reticle below center except for Halo. <mark>And why would they,</mark> looking upward is not a natural viewing perspective. When navigating a map, I actually have to pitch my reticle at the ground so my eyes are looking at the upper 1/3rd of the screen. Otherwise I literally begin to get sick.
>
> Halo makes it so much worse, because the aiming reticle is placed below center, it makes the aiming correction needed unbearable. So I leave it pitched upward, and endure my stomach churning.
>
> Many people suffer from this. When something affects your orientation or affects your vision, the body can go into a defensive mode as though its being poisoned.
>
> This type of physical reaction is more commonly seen in games with a narrow Field of View.

Because Halo is a much more vertical shooter than most. I’ve never heard of your ‘condition’ before, but I do hope a centered will become an option for people like you.

> >
> >
> >
>
> Can’t tell if joking…or serious.

Not joking, and very serious. Believe it or not, MANY people suffer from this. Most people simply dont realize what they do to compensate. It is a very common playing behavior to pitch your reticle downward at the ground while navigating a map, looking at the upper 1/3rd of the screen.

For these types of players, it would not be uncommon to have a feeling of nausea if they were to leave their reticle head level and the screen pitched up.

> lol " One thing 343 did amaizing…"
>
> Epic fail at a compliment

I didn’t mean it to seem like that lol.

The only reticle that is kinda bugging me is the BR one.

It has this little circle in the middle, but I will get used to it. :slight_smile: