One sided objectives confirmed!

As many of you know Josh Holmes did a large info dump on Team Beyond this past week and on it he mentioned that they were considering adding 1-Flag to Breakout. I’ll take that as confirmation!

This is great. A big reason for Halo 4’s less than warm reception was the lack of 1 sided objectives and all the custom game potential that was lost with exclusion.

I for one can’t wait to play some 1 flag an hopefully they’ll include Assault as well.

Assault had better come back, that was a great gametype. Same goes for one-sided objective games in general.

The thing about adding flags to Breakout was to deter people from camping by giving a secondary way to win the round - by capturing the enemy’s flag. He said that it worked well in their testing, but he’s still not sure if they’re going to do it for the final game.

Nice, gives me hope that 343 has not forgotten a BTB one sided objective to replace invasion.

music in my ears…I always loved to play 1 flag gametype

I would say the majority of fans prefer two sided objective gametypes.

Uh, the Breakout thing was one central flag that both teams would fight for. So not a one-sided objective. Or is it? I’m not really sure… It was meant to promote map flow in the centre as well as stop camping, anyway, and I like the sound of it. CTF always seemed annoying to me because of how rarely your teammates support you, and for how long you have to drag it along. Being in Breakout would fix that.

Honestly I hated breakout because all people did was camp. Hopefully adding objectives to it stops camping but doubt it.

Very cool, I miss those classic 1-sided games.

Would like to throw out a question- are neutral objectives considered 1 or 2 sided? Or just neutral? Because Neutral Asssault is probably my favorite gametype.

Edit- ArtooFeva politely answered my question. Thank you!

> 2533274803493024;8:
> Very cool, I miss those classic 1-sided games.
>
> Would like to throw out a question- are neutral objectives considered 1 or 2 sided? Or just neutral? Because Neutral Asssault is probably my favorite gametype.

Neutral is considered its own category because either team can grab the objective. Considering Neutral Flag was in Halo 4 I think it’ll be in Halo 5 as well.

> 2533274833380875;9:
> > 2533274803493024;8:
> > Very cool, I miss those classic 1-sided games.
> >
> > Would like to throw out a question- are neutral objectives considered 1 or 2 sided? Or just neutral? Because Neutral Asssault is probably my favorite gametype.
>
>
> Neutral is considered its own category because either team can grab the objective. Considering Neutral Flag was in Halo 4 I think it’ll be in Halo 5 as well.

At least from my point of view, when he mentioned having a 1 flag situation I was thinking of something more like neutral flag. Josh Holmes could’ve easily just mixed up the term “1 flag” with “neutral flag” because they both only have 1 flag in them.

I think Breakout is going to stay completely symmetrical so if the do end up adding an objective I doubt it will be an asymmetrical objective.

It’s not a confirmation as they were THINKING and still playing around with it about it.
They’re still testing if it actually works.

> 2533274833380875;1:
> As many of you know Josh Holmes did a large info dump on Team Beyond this past week and on it he mentioned that they were considering adding 1-Flag to Breakout. I’ll take that as confirmation!
>
> This is great. A big reason for Halo 4’s less than warm reception was the lack of 1 sided objectives and all the custom game potential that was lost with exclusion.
>
> I for one can’t wait to play some 1 flag an hopefully they’ll include Assault as well.

And this is how overhype is created and have a huge chance of making people dissapointed.

They say that they considered it, it’s not a 100% yes, not even a 50% yes. It’s just an idea which they are very very iffy with.
I’d honestly say that they’ve basically confirmed that one sided objectives WON’T return.

> 2533274843463464;12:
> > 2533274833380875;1:
> > As many of you know Josh Holmes did a large info dump on Team Beyond this past week and on it he mentioned that they were considering adding 1-Flag to Breakout. I’ll take that as confirmation!
> >
> > This is great. A big reason for Halo 4’s less than warm reception was the lack of 1 sided objectives and all the custom game potential that was lost with exclusion.
> >
> > I for one can’t wait to play some 1 flag an hopefully they’ll include Assault as well.
>
>
> And this is how overhype is created and have a huge chance of making people dissapointed.
>
> They say that they considered it, it’s not a 100% yes, not even a 50% yes. It’s just an idea which they are very very iffy with.
> I’d honestly say that they’ve basically confirmed that one sided objectives WON’T return.

How can you be testing something in gameplay this far into development and have it not be in the game? Sure if it’s some feature that doesn’t work then you can’t put it in, but something as simple as an objective? Even if that’s true then the equal is also true. We don’t know. However, considering he mentioned one flag either he meant a neutral flag or the one sided objectives.

So at least one of these is going to be in the game.

> 2533274833380875;1:
> As many of you know Josh Holmes did a large info dump on Team Beyond this past week and on it he mentioned that they were considering adding 1-Flag to Breakout. I’ll take that as confirmation!
>
> This is great. A big reason for Halo 4’s less than warm reception was the lack of 1 sided objectives and all the custom game potential that was lost with exclusion.
>
> I for one can’t wait to play some 1 flag an hopefully they’ll include Assault as well.

So basically you kill the entire enemy team and then capture their flag… Kind of pointless to do objectives in a one life gametype with crazy fast kill times…

We need assault, it was so fun in Halo 3, don’t remember if it was in Halo 4 though…

> 2535459483445834;14:
> > 2533274833380875;1:
> > As many of you know Josh Holmes did a large info dump on Team Beyond this past week and on it he mentioned that they were considering adding 1-Flag to Breakout. I’ll take that as confirmation!
> >
> > This is great. A big reason for Halo 4’s less than warm reception was the lack of 1 sided objectives and all the custom game potential that was lost with exclusion.
> >
> > I for one can’t wait to play some 1 flag an hopefully they’ll include Assault as well.
>
>
> So basically you kill the entire enemy team and then capture their flag… Kind of pointless to do objectives in a one life gametype with crazy fast kill times…

Nah. Basically there are two ways to win the round. Kill all the enemies or get the flag.

> 2533274891247826;15:
> We need assault, it was so fun in Halo 3, don’t remember if it was in Halo 4 though…

It wasn’t. They had Extraction and then later Ricochet, the latter of which somewhat resembled some aspects of Assault, but they never had Assault itself. I miss Assault, it’s fun to play on H2A and Halo 3 though.

> 2533274833380875;13:
> > 2533274843463464;12:
> > > 2533274833380875;1:
> > > As many of you know Josh Holmes did a large info dump on Team Beyond this past week and on it he mentioned that they were considering adding 1-Flag to Breakout. I’ll take that as confirmation!
> > >
> > > This is great. A big reason for Halo 4’s less than warm reception was the lack of 1 sided objectives and all the custom game potential that was lost with exclusion.
> > >
> > > I for one can’t wait to play some 1 flag an hopefully they’ll include Assault as well.
> >
> >
> > And this is how overhype is created and have a huge chance of making people dissapointed.
> >
> > They say that they considered it, it’s not a 100% yes, not even a 50% yes. It’s just an idea which they are very very iffy with.
> > I’d honestly say that they’ve basically confirmed that one sided objectives WON’T return.
>
>
> How can you be testing something in gameplay this far into development and have it not be in the game? Sure if it’s some feature that doesn’t work then you can’t put it in, but something as simple as an objective? Even if that’s true then the equal is also true. We don’t know. However, considering he mentioned one flag either he meant a neutral flag or the one sided objectives.
>
> So at least one of these is going to be in the game.

No it doesn’t mean that it one of the two WILL be in the game. And yes, if something gets tested so far into developement it has a chance of getting rejected for many reasons. I personally would say that there shouldn’t be an objective in Breakout because it’s too fast for even focusing on an objective. If they want that then they need bigger maps which isn’t the point of the gametyp.

The chance of getting an objective in Breakout is just as big as not getting one. It’s considered, as they said. Which means, as I said before, that it’s just a theory they have, an idea. Which can get rejected and debunked.
Just because it’s been worked on for a while doesn’t mean it should get added, that’s just stupid proccesing.

I personally enjoy there been two-sided objectives
But its cool news none the less