ONE playlist WOULD make this game BETTER

Halo 4 - Matchmaking

Seriously though, we have been asking for this since the game release and it would hurt anything at all.

ADD a CLASSIC Playlist!!!

This would make the game so much better and you (343i) could test how the playlist would turn out.

Classic Playlist Requirements: (imo)

• No Ordnance
  • Weapons on map
  • Pick-up PowerUps (like invis & OS)
  • Despawn timer increased
  • Radar on (Team and enemies)
  • Pre-set Loadouts (like reach)
  • Large parties vs large parties (Teams face Teams)
  • Flag juggling added
  • Flag auto pickup (Disabled)
  • Br start (Dmr’s on map)
  • Party size (4v4 or 5v5)
  • No weapon indicators (icon that shows weapon)
  • Less aim assist & Bullet magnetism
  • Grenades on map (spawn with 1 frag)
  • NO Armor Abilities
  • Sprint kept (Removed could work)

This is what i think would make a perfect classic playlist. It would be awesome if they added several different playlist with these settings like Multi-team CL, FFA CL, Team Slayer CL, CTF CL, or Team doubles CL.

These are just examples but this would make so many die-hard classic halo fans the experience that they want and deserve. Please us all. These can work along side the current halo. It would ruin anything and it could possibly bring players back.

I do not speak for the whole competitive community since most are my opinions and others might have a different list. I do think this list does describe a decent list that could become a classic playlist.

If so this classic playlist needs its own category away from all the other playlists. Standard then classic (side by side).

The only problem with these playlists is they never keep a good population. People like their loadouts and AAs. We’ve seen this with other classic playlists and now with Throwdown. I do enjoy the playlists, but when all that is left is the hardcore players I’ll pass.

The one thing they could though is have a option in the Slayer playlists for a Slayer gametype with no ordnances drops and static weapon spawns. Keep the loadouts and AAs.

I hate to break it to you as I would love a classic playlist myself, but there would be maybe 2,000 people playing it. It wouldn’t increase the population in any way.

Seeing all the things you just listed that are not currently in the game just reminded me how disturbing it is that halo, or whatever this game is, has strayed so far from what it used to be.

Yet this game was said to be “going back to its roots”. Right. Insert troll face here.

Anyway, to make a playlist with all those things in it, there would have to be another title update (don’t think that’s happening), and the weapon despawn time is related to the fact that there would be severe frame rate lag if the weapons lingered on the map as long as they did in Halo 3, for instance.

Only 2 problems with your set up

1. No loadouts not even preset. I don’t want the stupid promt asking which loadout i want, i want it to just put AR and Magnum.

2. No sprint.

I think the variants in Team Throwdown and Doubles as well as the soon to be returning Community Forge Test playlists have variants very close to what you listed.

Having the variants for players to vote on is the best answer to so many players wanting so many differing settings.

If I were you I’d also keep an eye out for the Team Throwdown playlist after the CSR launches. Form memory this playlist is the test bed before the CSR drops live.

You obviously missed the boat my friend. A classic playlist would fail. Why? The population would not support it and the volume would dwindle to the hundreds in over a weeks time. We all know what would happen next. SHUT DOWN… That playlist would get removed like the others that have failed. I hope they do it just so I can start a thread titled, “I Told You So!”

> You obviously missed the boat my friend. A classic playlist would fail. Why? The population would not support it and the volume would dwindle to the hundreds in over a weeks time. We all know what would happen next. SHUT DOWN… That playlist would get removed like the others that have failed. I hope they do it just so I can start a thread titled, “I Told You So!”

Its been asked by so many in the community. Why not give it a chance to see how it goes. No one asked for a extraction playlist or split objective playlist.

How do you know that the population wouldnt increase. You do know that the whole reason people are leaving halo 4 is because it doesnt have that classic halo feel.

You are just one of those people that just do not want everyone to be happy. A lot of the problem with how this game is turning out is because of these forums. What is the point of saying “i told you so”? do you really want that much self gratitude to make you happy over something that is very important for this game.

I’m glad to see that you can see the future and know that the playlist would fail. The community wouldnt support its… what???

You do realize that people hate reach because of the changes and people now hate 4 because it has strayed even farther then reach. Some people enjoy reach more in comparison to halo 4’s gameplay.

Fans that have been here since 2001 & 2004 really want their halo roots to return. These games are getting worse and giving this a chance could change things. What would it hurt huh?

I agree that this would be a great playlist for people that have been playing halo for a long time because to be honest, halo 2 and 3s multiplayer were the best of the series. Except that instead of loadouts at all, it should be everyone starts with an ar, a pistol, and 2 frag grenades like in default gametypes in older games. Other then that, this is a great idea

IMO:

Basics:

No PO

Weapons on map

Power-Ups on map

Motion Sensor on at 25 meters with just Player Movement

One Loadout (includes Resupply and Explosives)

Objective auto pickup disabled

Teams; 5v5

No weapon indicators

No Armor Abilities

Gametypes:

Classic Slayer (AR, Magnum, and 2 Frag starts) - First to 50

Class BR’s (BR, AR, and 2 Frag starts) - First to 50

Classic CTF (BR, AR, and 2 Frag starts) - First to 3; Flag Return enabled

Classic Oddball (BR, AR, and 1 Frag start) - First to 150

Classic King of the Hill (AR, Magnum, and 1 Frag start) - First to 150; Only teammates allowed in Hill

Keep this playlist, and if possible add a Classic playlist section including:
Classic Rumble Pit
Team Classic
Team Throwdown

I would visit a classic playlist. I’ve always said H2/H3 would be slow and plodding compared to the current mix. It would be awesome to actually try them out side by side iwithout changing discs. C’mon, 343, doooo itttt.