One Perm Per Bronze REQ

So we all know that Halo 5’s REQ system is essentially a progressive system. You spend point on lower REQs to clean out the “pool” of loot obtainable by higher REQs. That said, this process has on e major flaw: Bronze REQ packs don’t always give a permanent upgrade.
Often times, Bronze is just a restock of common items. Every now and then a common/uncommon armor or emblem piece will drop, but its far from guaranteed. This would not be a huge problem IF the common/uncommon permanent loot pool wasn’t so big.
So here is my solution: Guarantee 1 permanent unlock of the common/uncommon variety per Bronze REQ pack. This gives a steady system of progression and lets people know when to finally switch to Silver REQs when the loot pool dries up.

I like this idea, but I think they made it that way on purpose. I think if it guarantees a req then it needs to be bumped up to the 2000-2500 range. The reason it’s so cheap is it’s currently a gamble. I don’t actually know the percent chance, but I’ve heard it’s pretty good (it only needs to be >50% to be better than silver packs). I’ve tried it before and I got nothing 4 times in a row (equalling 1 silver pack) so I gave up on them. But I did see at one point a thread where a lot of people said in their current design bronze packs are still the best way to start off.

> 2533274851326318;2:
> But I did see at one point a thread where a lot of people said in their current design bronze packs are still the best way to start off.

Its a good start, but the odds of actually getting anything shrinks exponentially once you get a few items. That said, I have terrible luck. I like some assurance when I do things so that I know it won’t be a waste of time (something I do not have much of). Just a bit of stability would be wonderful.

Those smaller ones can prove very useful you know? Imagine if you need more rail guns.

> 2533274809220485;4:
> Those smaller ones can prove very useful you know? Imagine if you need more rail guns.

Unless you’re an avid Warzone player that just LOVES to spam power weapon REQs, I doubt a few less railguns will be an issue.

I unlocked most of my certifications and customizations through silver packs.

Which is why 4 bronze pack cost is equal to one silver. 1/4 chance you will get a permanent req item. Most of the time I got 2 or 3 permanents. Other time is a dead draw.

its why i did and now i have every comon to rare item in the game, i only miss some very rare item and half of the legendary. im currently at 75% in tthe unlocked stat.

bronze unlocked every common item, silver unlocked every uncommon to rare item so the gold only unlock very rare and legendary item.

im sad to see how easy it is to unlock everything while i had to play for months in halo 4 to unlock a skin for an armor…

> 2533274883240607;8:
> its why i did and now i have every comon to rare item in the game, i only miss some very rare item and half of the legendary. im currently at 75% in tthe unlocked stat.
>
> bronze unlocked every common item, silver unlocked every uncommon to rare item so the gold only unlock very rare and legendary item.
>
> im sad to see how easy it is to unlock everything while i had to play for months in halo 4 to unlock a skin for an armor…

LOL yeah, and people were complaining how they don’t get good req items. Gotta start from the bottom. I’ve been pulling Ultra Rares and Legendary. But for the life of me, I CANNOT GET THE LAST FREAKEN AR. IT BUGS ME SO MUCH.

> 2533274883240607;8:
> its why i did and now i have every comon to rare item in the game, i only miss some very rare item and half of the legendary. im currently at 75% in tthe unlocked stat.
>
> bronze unlocked every common item, silver unlocked every uncommon to rare item so the gold only unlock very rare and legendary item.
>
> im sad to see how easy it is to unlock everything while i had to play for months in halo 4 to unlock a skin for an armor…

That’s not the issue. The issue is the “luck” factor. Some people (namely me) have bad luck streaks on gambles like these. Adding one guaranteed item would partially alleviate what is essentially a “progress block”. Estimating that about 100 permanent REQs are common/uncommon, it would take roughly 200 games just to clean out that pool of items (2 games per Bronze purchase). ADD on to the fact that Bronze doesn’t always give an unlock, and you’ve got a bad time.

> 2533274874817568;10:
> > 2533274883240607;8:
> > its why i did and now i have every comon to rare item in the game, i only miss some very rare item and half of the legendary. im currently at 75% in tthe unlocked stat.
> >
> > bronze unlocked every common item, silver unlocked every uncommon to rare item so the gold only unlock very rare and legendary item.
> >
> > im sad to see how easy it is to unlock everything while i had to play for months in halo 4 to unlock a skin for an armor…
>
>
> That’s not the issue. The issue is the “luck” factor. Some people (namely me) have bad luck streaks on gambles like these. Adding one guaranteed item would partially alleviate what is essentially a “progress block”. Estimating that about 100 permanent REQs are common/uncommon, it would take roughly 200 games just to clean out that pool of items (2 games per Bronze purchase). ADD on to the fact that Bronze doesn’t always give an unlock, and you’ve got a bad time.

all this. I have TERRIBLE luck when it comes to gamble draws.

If I was guarantied a permanent unlock for every cheapo-pack, why would I bother buying anything else? Up until I had everything unlocked, of course.

> 2533274809541057;12:
> If I was guarantied a permanent unlock for every cheapo-pack, why would I bother buying anything else? Up until I had everything unlocked, of course.

Because that’s not how REQ packs work. A bronze REQ is EXTREMELY unlikely(if at all possible) to give anything higher than Uncommon quality. Getting ultra rares are impossible to get with Bronze. Legendaries and Mythics are nigh impossible with Silver packs. Gold is just there to splurge and/or clean house.
Once a REQ pack’s loot pool is cleaned out, it will naturally stop dropping any permanent REQs. My suggestion just helps this process flow more smoothly.