'One or more actions are not bound to a key'

If I try to change settings I always get the respons ‘One or more actions are not bound to a key’.

Does anybody know why I get this message?

I have the same issue when playing CE.

I changed Melee to F, Change Weapon to Q, Push to Talk Mouse 4, Toggle Flashlight to C and that is it, everything is accounted for,

Same for me too, can’t change any settings right now.

I had the same issue then I looked at my Halo Reach settings and one key was missing… It works for me now

Same here, i use an azerty keyboard so i had to change the movement buttons.

Everything has a button yet the game thinks it’s not the case

i try to change litterally any setting and it pops up and cant figure it out whats a key? how do i fix it ?

Same issue all bound, Cant change fubar’d video settings because of this. Grand.

Late to the party but check under your reach settings for “Fast Forward”. Fixed it for me.

Still getting this issue. There’s no option for “Fast Forward” for me, I’ve combed through multiple times in both Reach and CE controls and there’s no empty binding (even reset to default but still not working). Worst part is that I can’t even change my audio settings (which is what I actually want to do) because it doesn’t let you save those settings without the keybinds also being “good” which, thanks to this bug, is not happening.

Same here…Middle of May already…

I even just changed “Crouch” on Halo: CE from Ctrl to Shift and it’s still saying the same message even if I were to switch it back to “Ctrl” (which is default) before trying to exit the menu… We all payed at least $34 for this game. Why are we putting up with this!?

Edit: 1 day later after opening up and playing the game again the problem went away indicating that if you’re having this issue a restart of the PC or just the game might fix it.

Same here, I was playing normally yesterday and now my push to talk and theater pan keys were unassigned. If I assign them, the red notification disappears, but exiting the options menu throws the “one or more actions are not bound to a key” error. HOWEVER, I realized that there was an unassigned key under the Halo 2 menu even though the red notification was missing. BE SURE TO CHECK BINDINGS FOR REACH, CE, and HALO 2.

> 2533274835776894;11:
> Same here, I was playing normally yesterday and now my push to talk and theater pan keys were unassigned. If I assign them, the red notification disappears, but exiting the options menu throws the “one or more actions are not bound to a key” error. HOWEVER, I realized that there was an unassigned key under the Halo 2 menu even though the red notification was missing. BE SURE TO CHECK BINDINGS FOR REACH, CE, and HALO 2.

I also checked the other games’ key-binds (i.e. Halo 2, Halo: CE, Halo: Reach) and still couldn’t fix the problem. Another thing I noticed: Shooting enemies with sniper rifle and not damaging them as if a shield is blocking the bullets :confused:.

> 2533274916230478;4:
> I had the same issue then I looked at my Halo Reach settings and one key was missing… It works for me now

Thanks man!! i was looking for ever and didnt know what to do!!!

Restore default settings.

this error message occurred when I tried changing the game volume. Tried above ts advice still didn’t rectify issue.

In the main menu going to settings and I can’t make any changes because of this message.

For anyone having this issue, you need to do the following to be able to fix settings.

1. write down your current changes that are important to you. (key binding melee to a key other than the default key or something like that)
  2. If you are currently in the Settings Menu, back out of that menu until you are on the Options & Career Menu. (even if you dont save your changes)
  3. Enter the Settings Menu again.
  4. Only click “Restore to default” and confirm.
  5. Back out to the Options & Career menu again.
  6. Enter the Settings Menu.
  7. Apply the changes you want 1 at a time and back out to the Options & Career Menu between options (saving them as you go).

The reason for this is so you know exactly what key binding or panel is not linked other than the red box it gives you. This will allow you to keep the majority of your settings if not all of them and should resolve your issue; as it did me. I hope this helps and please be sure to quote me if this works for you and you comment so other on the following pages will see the solution easier. Thanks and have a fantastic time gaming.

Check all campaign settings! It fixed it for me. Halo 2 and Halo Reach had a empty slot.

> 2533274916230478;4:
> I had the same issue then I looked at my Halo Reach settings and one key was missing… It works for me now

Thank you!!! It works for me too

I just went through each game and changed the settings then backed out and it said I had to bind more. So I had to rebind the buttons 3 times for each game before it saved. Good luck boys you gotta go through each game like 3 times rip.