One of my greatest fears of Halo wars 2.

In the new trailer we’re told about how much of a beast Aatriox is meant to be, there’s nothing wrong with that. The problem lies in why didn’t he ever become Cheiftain of The Brutes?

He’s meant to be the Brute of Brutes, this cadillac of The Jiralhanae, an inspiration, A LIVING LEGEND but no one wanted him to be Brute Mandalore?

I guess you could say that he the current CotB tried to get him killed without being the obvious muderer so he got elites to do it but it doesn’t explain why we’ve never heard of him either. 343i needed to make someone obscure yet powerful but they made the greatest threat to the Covenant and we just never heard of him. Why send the Arbiter after Refumee when Atriox exists? Here’s a free idea on me. Make him a rebel who just broke out of prison moments before The Great Schism started. He could of been in the massive mosh pit of Covenant War vessels above the delta Halo making a break for it using the chaos to his advantage. BAM! He’s set up. He’s smart enough to use chaos to his advantage, powerful enough to break through the flood and two armadas duking it out and is so aware of his situation that he can muster an army within the decade.

It just feels like bad writing to just have some powerful person my bad ARMY exist somewhere never to be seen until the plot comes swooshing by. It also makes everyone else in the story seem to have terrible foresight because Atriox exists. Why would Telcam and the Sons along with Jul ever be fearful of humanity if someone that not even the full might of the Covenant couldn’t bring down still exists? Also if he’s so powerful that again the full might of the Covenant couldn’t stop, then what is the Spirit of Fire’s crew supposed to do? Break their bones at him? Seems like that’s all red team has done so far.

This just brings the issue of 343i characters into the forefront, they’re all extremely powerful but somehow lose. The Didact, Warden Eternal, Super MEGA DEATH Cortana ULTRA v3 and Atriox will and or have lost.

What twist will now have to exist in order for the crew of The Spirit to get out of this mess? Will Guilty Spark just fly up with the Rubicon screaming “I NEVER LEFT YOU PLEBS!” and MAC blast Atriox from orbit or will there be more Forerunner magic?

I swear if they use the power of love to beat him, someone’s getting a kick in the nuts.

Never thought about this. You have a good point. My only hope for this story arc is that the conflict is not resolved and this pours over into Halo 6. I posted on another thread that we need to go back to fighting a losing battle and have that mood of probable defeat.

> 2533274856059836;2:
> Never thought about this. You have a good point. My only hope for this story arc is that the conflict is not resolved and this pours over into Halo 6. I posted on another thread that we need to go back to fighting a losing battle and have that mood of probable defeat.

The thing is thought, he’d have no reason to side with Cortana and every one to side with the modern galaxy. His status as an ally against the Created is assured since all Cortana would do is take away his power. Even a short truce to ensure she dies would be profitable for him but I could see him gaining more supporters in Cortana’s defeat and us returning to what you’ve said but just him allying with Cortana seems unlikely.

Also I totally agree with the old feeling that Halo drove. Having the pressure of a titan about to stomp on you makes every kill a show of resistance. Hearing in Halo 4 that humanity’s the big dog now pulled me out of the tension that that classics had set up. I remember feeling like we we’re assured defeat and everyone I killed was just another message to whoever lead the Covenant that we weren’t dying without taking as many of you with us.

Maybe only the High Counsel knew about Atriox, they had to keep his rebellion under wraps or else it would have shattered the covenant. So only the top 10% of the Covenant knew about Atriox. It is something that was kept under wraps by the Prophets in order to keep everything according to plan. Also a way for the Covenant to have dealt with criminals would be to offer them an option to gain a pardon via fighting in the campaign against the Banished and other dissidents. Now of course you have tons and tons of criminals that would need to be processed… think about all the species within the Covenant… it would incredibly difficult to lock them all up or put all of them on trial. Also think of how the covenant operated… if you failed against the humans or against skirmishes against other dissidents than you were basically sentenced to death… but we are talking about a system that is allot like the romans in a sense right? why publicly kill off a potential fighting force? like the Romans did with the legionaries, the covenant drafted their criminals into a solid fighting force and sent them off to fight the Banished. Now of course they were like a Black Ops fighting force on a secret mission of sorts Lol, so if they failed or died than no one would ever know or even care.

Now with the Arbiter’s situation he was a very popular Fleet Officer/Admiral that launched many successful attacks against the Humans and his campaign was largely successful. He was such a force to be reckoned with that the prophets were actually threatened by his success, many other elites in the past that were successful have raised up and eventually challenged the prophets. Knowing this every time a Successful elite rose up in popularity than the prophets always appointed them as Arbiters. See they couldn’t just send the Arbiter off to fight the Banished cause than they would have to confirm to everyone publicly that the Banished do in fact exist and if that were to happen than that would inspire the brutes to rise up against the Covenant.

You gotta remember that the prophets aren’t stupid, in fact according to lore they were smart and power enough to challenge the forerunners and go toe to toe with the forerunners in such an epic battle that the forerunners were forced to make the San Syrum (Spelled wrong sorry) extinct during that time.

see the biggest threat to Humanity isn’t Atriox or the Promethans or the Created. If the San Syrum got their act together than they would be the single most deadly threat… and they are already making moves in the universe Lol (They fled into deep space with almost all of the Covenant’s Engineers). All the San Syrum have to do is strike back at the humans and the created, which they can easily do.

Also the population of High Charity was composed mainly of Elites, Brutes, Drones, Grunts, Jackals, Hunters ect. The San Syrum or prophets must have at some point set up a safe haven for their kind (Also blacklisted) because they couldn’t have been stupid enough to place all their bets on the brutes emerging victorious in the civil war, they had to have a plan B just in case something doesn’t go their way. And remember that the San Syrum are within the top 3 most intelligent species in the Halo Universe.

Anyhow the point is that the universe is much larger than we could’ve thought so if 343 has any lick of sense than they would know how to make this all work.

My only concern is blitz month of mythic (hoping that never happens)

> 2535424786818858;5:
> My only concern is blitz month of mythic (hoping that never happens)

Now that you’ve said it, the universe will force it to happen.

> 2535414299834534;4:
> Maybe only the High Counsel knew about Atriox, they had to keep his rebellion under wraps or else it would have shattered the covenant. So only the top 10% of the Covenant knew about Atriox. It is something that was kept under wraps by the Prophets in order to keep everything according to plan. Also a way for the Covenant to have dealt with criminals would be to offer them an option to gain a pardon via fighting in the campaign against the Banished and other dissidents. Now of course you have tons and tons of criminals that would need to be processed… think about all the species within the Covenant… it would incredibly difficult to lock them all up or put all of them on trial. Also think of how the covenant operated… if you failed against the humans or against skirmishes against other dissidents than you were basically sentenced to death… but we are talking about a system that is allot like the romans in a sense right? why publicly kill off a potential fighting force? like the Romans did with the legionaries, the covenant drafted their criminals into a solid fighting force and sent them off to fight the Banished. Now of course they were like a Black Ops fighting force on a secret mission of sorts Lol, so if they failed or died than no one would ever know or even care.
>
> Now with the Arbiter’s situation he was a very popular Fleet Officer/Admiral that launched many successful attacks against the Humans and his campaign was largely successful. He was such a force to be reckoned with that the prophets were actually threatened by his success, many other elites in the past that were successful have raised up and eventually challenged the prophets. Knowing this every time a Successful elite rose up in popularity than the prophets always appointed them as Arbiters. See they couldn’t just send the Arbiter off to fight the Banished cause than they would have to confirm to everyone publicly that the Banished do in fact exist and if that were to happen than that would inspire the brutes to rise up against the Covenant.
>
> You gotta remember that the prophets aren’t stupid, in fact according to lore they were smart and power enough to challenge the forerunners and go toe to toe with the forerunners in such an epic battle that the forerunners were forced to make the San Syrum (Spelled wrong sorry) extinct during that time.
>
> see the biggest threat to Humanity isn’t Atriox or the Promethans or the Created. If the San Syrum got their act together than they would be the single most deadly threat… and they are already making moves in the universe Lol (They fled into deep space with almost all of the Covenant’s Engineers). All the San Syrum have to do is strike back at the humans and the created, which they can easily do.
>
> Also the population of High Charity was composed mainly of Elites, Brutes, Drones, Grunts, Jackals, Hunters ect. The San Syrum or prophets must have at some point set up a safe haven for their kind (Also blacklisted) because they couldn’t have been stupid enough to place all their bets on the brutes emerging victorious in the civil war, they had to have a plan B just in case something doesn’t go their way. And remember that the San Syrum are within the top 3 most intelligent species in the Halo Universe.
>
> Anyhow the point is that the universe is much larger than we could’ve thought so if 343 has any lick of sense than they would know how to make this all work.

It doesn’t make sense to send an army of criminals to fight an army of the same criminals. Atriox has been known to be extreme charismatic, as you said The High Prophets aren’t stupid, they’d be fully aware that sending any Destroyers crews after him would likely lead in that ship and all hands joining Atriox.

By the Arbiter I meant Thel or Ripa, just any Arbiter. They always work in black ops missions so sending one would make the most sense even in the context of the banished not being publicly known. Also we’re lead to believe that somehow the new AI( I forgot her name) knows so much about Atriox that she and give a full evaluation of him but to believe that the Covenant public are fully unaware of his existence which is just flat out -Yoink-.

No Humanity’s biggest threat aren’t the Prophets but I can see how you’d believe that, our biggest threat is Oni. They’re willing to push too many buttons for results that could end up killing us all.

Also you misunderstand the Great Schism. The Prophets didn’t attack the elites with the Brutes, Truth and his subordinates attacked the elites with the brutes and didn’t care who’d win since his plan was for the Delta Halo to just wipe everything out in that region of space so he didn’t have to worry about it. Remember, Tarturus and his troops killed ALL of the High Council San Shy’uum and Sangheili alike to ensure Truth’s power. Truth even let Mercy die on screen. As shown by Lydus, not all the brutes joined with Truth just the few who did put an extreme amount of pressure on an already tense relationship.

The universe is too filled in to just ad a powerhouse such as Atriox out of nowhere. There would of been some mention of him. The only way that this can work is if they pull an Admiral Thrawn and say that he was on the other side of the galaxy uncharted territory hiding or plotting. Anything else just seems stupid because again,why wouldn’t anyone ever bring him up.

To add on top of all this already large amounts of -Yoink- that’s being flung around is that fact that there is no way for Atriox to get to the Ark without punching through Earth’s home fleet to get to the Voi portal. So at teh very least he’s extremely well known to the public now and if he smashed through Earth’s fleet he’d instantly become a tier 1 target and people like Osiris would be dispatched to take care of him. If not a strike team then an entire armada since the UNSC nor the Swords can afford a rouge faction having control over the ark for literally more then an hour since they’ll just reactivate the remaining rings and wipe out the majority of life in the galaxy.

I assume that the trailer was just an overstatement/easy misinterpretation. The Banished were probably at the other side of the galaxy and therefore far away from the center of both the Covenant and UNSC. Also, the Banished probably were purely military, so yes, the Covenant “never came close” to eliminating the Banished, but only because they couldn’t get to them/it wasn’t really worth it. Atriox is a smart strategist, but he wasn’t a direct threat, which is why the Covenant didn’t concentrate on him and probably only used few troops to fight back. I simply doubt that the Banished were stronger/on par with the Covenant, and it’s more like they just didn’t care enough.

Why would they send their arbiter somewhere else, while Refumee is just starting a civil war threatening the whole state of the Covenant?

And since one outdated human ship seems to be able to hold it’s own against the Banished, they obviously can’t be that strong. I assume there is something on the Ark that’d make them far more stronger (technological improvements? ships?) and the campaign is about not letting the Banished get to them.

And why would he have become Chieftain? He seems to have been fought in the front lines, earning some respect, but then turning his back on the Covenant. He might have been able to be a Chieftain (even though, Tartarus would’ve prob been able to hold his own for some time), but he left the Covenant before he got the opportunity to.

> 2533274804854766;8:
> I assume that the trailer was just an overstatement/easy misinterpretation. The Banished were probably at the other side of the galaxy and therefore far away from the center of both the Covenant and UNSC. Also, the Banished probably were purely military, so yes, the Covenant “never came close” to eliminating the Banished, but only because they couldn’t get to them/it wasn’t really worth it. Atriox is a smart strategist, but he wasn’t a direct threat, which is why the Covenant didn’t concentrate on him and probably only used few troops to fight back. I simply doubt that the Banished were stronger/on par with the Covenant, and it’s more like they just didn’t care enough.
>
> Why would they send their arbiter somewhere else, while Refumee is just starting a civil war threatening the whole state of the Covenant?
>
> And since one outdated human ship seems to be able to hold it’s own against the Banished, they obviously can’t be that strong. I assume there is something on the Ark that’d make them far more stronger (technological improvements? ships?) and the campaign is about not letting the Banished get to them.
>
> And why would he have become Chieftain? He seems to have been fought in the front lines, earning some respect, but then turning his back on the Covenant. He might have been able to be a Chieftain (even though, Tartarus would’ve prob been able to hold his own for some time), but he left the Covenant before he got the opportunity to.

Their distance doesn’t exactly same them from being heard of until now since Thel would have no reason to just tell us “Hey there’s a rouge faction of brutes just Yucking it up on the other side of the galaxy.” Also why would he approach Lydus for a treaty with the Brutes instead of Atriox, the guy who rebelled against the Covenant and WORKS WITH ELITES!

There was more then one Arbiter and this seems exactly like the kind of thing to send them to stop. Not to mention that Refumee only rebelled at the end of the war and Ripa died at the beginning meaning that there’s 25 years without an arbiter and a Banished armada still killing people. There’s a time gap and clearly someone could of been set to deal with this threat. Xytan the most powerful elite at the time should of had no problem going over to to fight the Banished becoming an Arbiter since apparently it’s canon now that the Prophets take the most powerful elites and throw them into death.

Also no, we’ are literally told that they we’re unbeatable by the entire Covenant empire. It has nothing to do directly with the Ark otherwise that IA is just a liar.

He has every reason to get the title since we’re told he’s literally a living Legend. He’d have every right to challenge in current CotB or just outright become it.It’'d also only make more sense for him to take the title when he began recruiting people into the Banished. Having the title of being the Cheiftain of the Brutes certainly wouldn’t hurt his recruiting efforts.

> 2535426003987045;9:
> Also no, we’ are literally told that they we’re unbeatable by the entire Covenant empire. It has nothing to do directly with the Ark otherwise that IA is just a liar.

Incorrect. The word “beat” was never used in any context. Artiox has only become a major threat recently.

Also

> 2533274953123640;10:
> > 2535426003987045;9:
> > Also no, we’ are literally told that they we’re unbeatable by the entire Covenant empire. It has nothing to do directly with the Ark otherwise that IA is just a liar.
>
> Incorrect. The word “beat” was never used in any context. Artiox has only become a major threat recently.

Kind of picking specif words out aren’t you? not really sure what that does.

Anyways we we’re told that the Covenant never got close to defeating him. That alone is a huge thing to throw out there. He’s so far the only rebel to the Covenant to live to talk about it. We we’re also told that Regret referenced him and his power in Halo Wars 1, meaning he’s had to of atleast been around for 30 years.

It’s going to be pretty hard to explain how he’s existed for so long under the radar and have it make sense.

Edit: wait no I recall correctly now, we we’re never told that he was specifically the person who regret walked about. My bad.

> 2535426003987045;11:
> Anyways we we’re told that the Covenant never got close to defeating him.

Incorrect. No one said anything about “defeat”, either. The implication is that the Covenant was never able to track him down.

Another

> 2533274953123640;12:
> > 2535426003987045;11:
> > Anyways we we’re told that the Covenant never got close to defeating him.
>
> Incorrect. No one said anything about “defeat”, either. The implication is that the Covenant was never able to track him down.
>
> Another

Check my edit I screwed up in how long he might of been perceived as a threat. Also Halo has had just as much -Yoink- spit out before (Cortana and the Domain, High Charity and the Ark) the only problem here is that it could of been easily fixed if 343i just didn’t try to hype up Atriox too much.

Also I doubt he’d gather as much of a following hiding from the Covenant. It seems just as impossible of a thing to do as it is to fight the Covenant’s full force and live. Going from obscure hidden faction to being able to storm the Home fleet at Earth and take over the Ark aren’t small things. Also being in hiding would only make gathering troops, supplies and ships that much harder.

The only way he could do this is through raids, trading or extortion. All of which would have their own source of punishment that’d quickly get him caught without a large force. His ability to survive with I’m assuming atleast a few hundred troops would certainly add onto his legend. I don’t know how he’d keep them all feed and happy or even keep their current equipment running. Brutes and Elites aren’t famed for their engineering and grunts need supplies to work.

I guess if he had an inside contact to The Covenant he could work through them…hmm. That actually makes alot of sense.

For the sake of this conversation let’s say Tarturus was a true believer of Atriox but his rise happened after he took control over the packs. He’d want what’s best for his fellow brute and would likely send off a couple of shipments his way. I wouldn’t be surprised if he managed to sneak a few Huragok to him as well, WHICH COULD EXPLAIN (GASP!) Why they’re returned in Halo Wars 2.

So I guess it is possible for him to of hidden and fought if someone on the inside gave him resources and alerted him of any Covenant plans. The only problem there would be that person he’s in contact with would need to have alot of power. Someone would be sympathetic to the brute so this could work so there’s that.

You know what, thanks for the time to help me figure this out. This seems to be the only logically way he could of survived so long.

If this is wrong and he did just smash Covenant forces for decades then you owe me something. If I’m wrong about his man on the inside I’ll give you something then.

> 2535426003987045;13:
> Check my edit I screwed up in how long he might of been perceived as a threat. Also Halo has had just as much -Yoink- spit out before (Cortana and the Domain, High Charity and the Ark) the only problem here is that it could of been easily fixed if 343i just didn’t try to hype up Atriox too much.

How are they hyping him too much? We haven’t seen him do anything crazy. He beat up some Spartans, beat up some Elites, and then stood around a lot looking menacing with his ground forces.

> 2535426003987045;13:
> Also I doubt he’d gather as much of a following hiding from the Covenant. It seems just as impossible of a thing to do as it is to fight the Covenant’s full force and live.

He didn’t have much of a following, and he wasn’t in hiding. Do you know what guerrilla fighting is?

> 2535426003987045;13:
> Going from obscure hidden faction to being able to storm the Home fleet at Earth and take over the Ark aren’t small things.

I haven’t heard of him doing either of those things.

> 2535426003987045;13:
> -snip-

What are you even talking about?

> 2533274953123640;14:
> > 2535426003987045;13:
> > Check my edit I screwed up in how long he might of been perceived as a threat. Also Halo has had just as much -Yoink- spit out before (Cortana and the Domain, High Charity and the Ark) the only problem here is that it could of been easily fixed if 343i just didn’t try to hype up Atriox too much.
>
> How are they hyping him too much? We haven’t seen him do anything crazy. He beat up some Spartans, beat up some Elites, and then stood around a lot looking menacing with his ground forces.
>
>
>
>
> > 2535426003987045;13:
> > Also I doubt he’d gather as much of a following hiding from the Covenant. It seems just as impossible of a thing to do as it is to fight the Covenant’s full force and live.
>
> He didn’t have much of a following, and he wasn’t in hiding. Do you know what guerrilla fighting is?
>
>
>
>
> > 2535426003987045;13:
> > Going from obscure hidden faction to being able to storm the Home fleet at Earth and take over the Ark aren’t small things.
>
> I haven’t heard of him doing either of those things.
>
>
>
>
> > 2535426003987045;13:
> > -snip-
>
> What are you even talking about?

You’re saying that as if it’s nothing. Taking out three Spartans alone even with the element of surprise isn’t easy, then he turns an elite task force of Sangheili against their leader then next thing we know we’re being told he’s on the Covenant’s most wanted list. He’s also been a POI in two of the three Halo Wars 2 trailers. If that’s not someone being hyped up then I clearly one of us doesn’t know what hype is.

You expect him to engage the Covenant in guerrilla warfare without hiding? Not sure how that’s meant to work.

It’s open to interpretation since there seems to be no other way for him to get to The Ark, unless Mcguffin.

You’re going to need alot more then -snip- for me to understand what you’re asking me. There’s two paragraphs of info before your last quote. Not sure what you’re talking about or just the whole thing. Since I’m not going to make personal notes of each possibility of the sentences in those paragraphs I’m just going to pass the ball to you.

> 2535426003987045;15:
> You’re saying that as if it’s nothing.

On the scale we are discussing, it is nothing.

> 2535426003987045;15:
> Taking out three Spartans alone even with the element of surprise isn’t easy, then he turns an elite task force of Sangheili against their leader then next thing we know we’re being told he’s on the Covenant’s most wanted list.

Both of those events happened after the Great Schism.

> 2535426003987045;15:
> He’s also been a POI in two of the three Halo Wars 2 trailers. If that’s not someone being hyped up then I clearly one of us doesn’t know what hype is.

He is the main antagonist, a new character, and a playable commander. The point of contention was not that we was “being hyped”, but that he was “being hyped too much”. That was your claim. I disagree. I think it’s perfectly reasonable to feature your brand new big bad in your game trailers, and even to have one that focuses on him.

> 2535426003987045;15:
> You expect him to engage the Covenant in guerrilla warfare without hiding? Not sure how that’s meant to work.

Crawl under your bed. Call for someone to come into your room. When they enter, try to tackle them. Do you see the problem?

You can’t physically attack someone while hiding. You may immediately go back to hiding after you attack, but that does not mean you were “in hiding” the entire time.

> 2535426003987045;15:
> It’s open to interpretation since there seems to be no other way for him to get to The Ark, unless Mcguffin.

No, we just don’t know. Besides, post-Halo 5 there is no Home Fleet.

> 2535426003987045;15:
> You’re going to need alot more then -snip- for me to understand what you’re asking me. There’s two paragraphs of info before your last quote. Not sure what you’re talking about or just the whole thing. Since I’m not going to make personal notes of each possibility of the sentences in those paragraphs I’m just going to pass the ball to you.

I’m asking about the whole thing. It’s a tangent.

> 2533274953123640;16:
> > 2535426003987045;15:
> > You’re saying that as if it’s nothing.
>
> On the scale we are discussing, it is nothing.
>
>
> > 2535426003987045;15:
> > Taking out three Spartans alone even with the element of surprise isn’t easy, then he turns an elite task force of Sangheili against their leader then next thing we know we’re being told he’s on the Covenant’s most wanted list.
>
> Both of those events happened after the Great Schism.
>
>
> > 2535426003987045;15:
> > He’s also been a POI in two of the three Halo Wars 2 trailers. If that’s not someone being hyped up then I clearly one of us doesn’t know what hype is.
>
> He is the main antagonist, a new character, and a playable commander. The point of contention was not that we was “being hyped”, but that he was “being hyped too much”. That was your claim. I disagree. I think it’s perfectly reasonable to feature your brand new big bad in your game trailers, and even to have one that focuses on him.
>
>
> > 2535426003987045;15:
> > You expect him to engage the Covenant in guerrilla warfare without hiding? Not sure how that’s meant to work.
>
> Crawl under your bed. Call for someone to come into your room. When they enter, try to tackle them. Do you see the problem?
>
> You can’t physically attack someone while hiding. You may immediately go back to hiding after you attack, but that does not mean you were “in hiding” the entire time.
>
>
>
>
> > 2535426003987045;15:
> > It’s open to interpretation since there seems to be no other way for him to get to The Ark, unless Mcguffin.
>
> No, we just don’t know. Besides, post-Halo 5 there is no Home Fleet.
>
>
>
>
> > 2535426003987045;15:
> > You’re going to need alot more then -snip- for me to understand what you’re asking me. There’s two paragraphs of info before your last quote. Not sure what you’re talking about or just the whole thing. Since I’m not going to make personal notes of each possibility of the sentences in those paragraphs I’m just going to pass the ball to you.
>
> I’m asking about the whole thing. It’s a tangent.

Just going to number everything.

1. How is that relevant?
  2. And this is irrelevant.
  3. I never said 343i was over hyping him only that they seemed to try.
  4. lol I don’t even, what is that example? XD I guess that’s what they call baby logic.
  5. Also irreverent since either way no one would leave that Portal unprotected whether it be Cortana’s machines or the UNSC’s finest.
  6. If you can’t understand what was typed then I don’t know what to do. Seems pretty clear to me.
  7. Because I don’t like the number 6.

I’m just hoping we don’t kill him in Halo wars 2 i want to see him in more titles.

> 2533274875328566;18:
> I’m just hoping we don’t kill him in Halo wars 2 i want to see him in more titles.

Honestly that was another fear. It seems 343i don’t really care to build up any villains I like and to be honest I get the feeling that Atriox’s side kick Decimus might end up betraying him super hard.

> 2535426003987045;1:
> In the new trailer we’re told about how much of a beast Aatriox is meant to be, there’s nothing wrong with that. The problem lies in why didn’t he ever become Cheiftain of The Brutes?
>
> He’s meant to be the Brute of Brutes, this cadillac of The Jiralhanae, an inspiration, A LIVING LEGEND but no one wanted him to be Brute Mandalore?
>
> I guess you could say that he the current CotB tried to get him killed without being the obvious muderer so he got elites to do it but it doesn’t explain why we’ve never heard of him either. 343i needed to make someone obscure yet powerful but they made the greatest threat to the Covenant and we just never heard of him. Why send the Arbiter after Refumee when Atriox exists? Here’s a free idea on me. Make him a rebel who just broke out of prison moments before The Great Schism started. He could of been in the massive mosh pit of Covenant War vessels above the delta Halo making a break for it using the chaos to his advantage. BAM! He’s set up. He’s smart enough to use chaos to his advantage, powerful enough to break through the flood and two armadas duking it out and is so aware of his situation that he can muster an army within the decade.
>
> It just feels like bad writing to just have some powerful person my bad ARMY exist somewhere never to be seen until the plot comes swooshing by. It also makes everyone else in the story seem to have terrible foresight because Atriox exists. Why would Telcam and the Sons along with Jul ever be fearful of humanity if someone that not even the full might of the Covenant couldn’t bring down still exists? Also if he’s so powerful that again the full might of the Covenant couldn’t stop, then what is the Spirit of Fire’s crew supposed to do? Break their bones at him? Seems like that’s all red team has done so far.
>
> This just brings the issue of 343i characters into the forefront, they’re all extremely powerful but somehow lose. The Didact, Warden Eternal, Super MEGA DEATH Cortana ULTRA v3 and Atriox will and or have lost.
>
> What twist will now have to exist in order for the crew of The Spirit to get out of this mess? Will Guilty Spark just fly up with the Rubicon screaming “I NEVER LEFT YOU PLEBS!” and MAC blast Atriox from orbit or will there be more Forerunner magic?
>
> I swear if they use the power of love to beat him, someone’s getting a kick in the nuts.

The UNSC still has not heard of Atriox, he’s always been there, but now 343i tells his story to us. We have a readers hindsight, so of course we should know about him, we should know everything about anything in the halo universe. Halo is a constantly progressive story, and holding this mentality of Captain Hindsight isn’t healthy. 343i likes to make changes to set in stone lore all the time, eventually it will make sense