one more day until...

We get to vote TU for team slayer.

Going to be fun, At least for me.

:smiley:

Can’t wait to see the rage blaming the settings for doing bad. lol

Vote here!
http://halo.xbox.com/Forums/yaf_postst57266_Will-you-be-voting-Tu-or-vanilla-in-team-slayer.aspx

I still find this form of voting to be bad. It would be like if you could vote for a nerf to the 1887 shotguns in CoD or not. Of course people are going to vote in favour of keeping it OP so that they can take advantage of it.

Besides, it’s not voting for individual changes. It’s either the whole package or not.

B.S angel did state they had plans for adjusting the TU

So if the community wants Bleed gone,

they will either adjust it

Or get rid of it.

Its the main rage focus for Default fans.

So let them put in the TU, Then perhaps we can finally get them adjusted.

One can hope.

One can also hope the Halo community can get together, respect one another, and be open minded enough to suggestions and other forms of combat and gameplay without acting like spoilt children who didn’t get their chocolate milk.

What adjustments are they going to look into and how will they measure it? Will we even be told about the adjustments? Will we be able to provide feedback? This still supports my beta suggestions I made a couple of weeks ago with individual tweaks and settings.

Yeah.

> One can also hope the Halo community can get together, respect one another, and be open minded enough to suggestions and other forms of combat and gameplay without acting like spoilt children who didn’t get their chocolate milk.
>
> What adjustments are they going to look into and how will they measure it? Will we even be told about the adjustments? Will we be able to provide feedback? This still supports my beta suggestions I made a couple of weeks ago with individual tweaks and settings.

I just want them to deal with Bleedthough, either reduce it or get rid of.

Then the TU will be fine after words.

Then The long wait for halo 4.

Will someone please explain to me what is wrong with bleed through

OT: Yes, I would love to play some TS but the vanilla-ness is quite a turn off. I will be participating in this 2 week voting period.

> Will someone please explain to me what is wrong with bleed through

I honestly think its a little to strong in This game

Love the way it works though.

There are some significant changes that need to be made to the TU before it’s acceptable…

• Bleedthrough needs to go. It makes weapons almost completely unnecessary when you can just land a couple bullets and finish someone off with your elbow, not to mention this was one of the defining differences between Reach and the other games.
  • Being stuck in armor lock should not kill, but should completely drain the charge on AL when it goes off. The other changes are fine, damage draining the charge is actually a good idea to balance the ability better.
  • Bloom should be brought back up to 100%. It completely unbalances the sandbox when you can spam the DMR/NR with practically no penalty, and also reduces the skillgap as there’s less of a difference between spamming and pacing.

> There are some significant changes that need to be made to the TU before it’s acceptable…
>
> - Bleedthrough needs to go. It makes weapons almost completely unnecessary when you can just land a couple bullets and finish someone off with your elbow, not to mention this was one of the defining differences between Reach and the other games.
> - Being stuck in armor lock should not kill, but should completely drain the charge on AL when it goes off. The other changes are fine, damage draining the charge is actually a good idea to balance the ability better.
> - Bloom should be brought back up to 100%. It completely unbalances the sandbox when you can spam the DMR/NR with practically no penalty, and also reduces the skillgap as there’s less of a difference between spamming and pacing.

You don’t know what you are talking about

You should never ever shed a sticky. That is limited.

If you din’t know Spamming is punished in 85 bloom,

Sandbox you mean Using your AR.

I heard this argument already doesnt work.

If you are getting ar charged… Move backwards? Strafe? dont just sit there or god forbid Run TOWARDS HIM

=.=

Honestly I don’t think you know what a skill gap is.

> > There are some significant changes that need to be made to the TU before it’s acceptable…
> >
> > - Bleedthrough needs to go. It makes weapons almost completely unnecessary when you can just land a couple bullets and finish someone off with your elbow, not to mention this was one of the defining differences between Reach and the other games.
> > - Being stuck in armor lock should not kill, but should completely drain the charge on AL when it goes off. The other changes are fine, damage draining the charge is actually a good idea to balance the ability better.
> > - Bloom should be brought back up to 100%. It completely unbalances the sandbox when you can spam the DMR/NR with practically no penalty, and also reduces the skillgap as there’s less of a difference between spamming and pacing.
>
> You don’t know what you are talking about
>
> You should never ever shed a sticky. That is limited.
>
> If you din’t know Spamming is punished in 85 bloom,
>
> Sandbox you mean Using your AR.
>
> I heard this argument already doesnt work.
>
> If you are getting ar charged… Move backwards? Strafe? dont just sit there or god forbid Run TOWARDS HIM
>
> =.=
>
> Honestly I don’t think you know what a skill gap is.

I’ve seen the “evidence” that spamming is punished, but there’s a huge difference between controlled test environments and theories and actual application. I’ve SEEN the effects in matchmaking, and it doesn’t jive with the “theories” and “evidence” from test environments.

I know how to deal with an AR charge, and I’ve also been the one AR charging when no other options were open to me. I’m not just talking about the AR though. needler, spiker, plasma rifle/repeater, plasma pistol, concussion rifle, magnum, DMR, needle rifle, they all have their intended place, but they all only take a couple shots to put someone in melee-range of death. This is especially troublesome since the most common ability is sprint, which lets a charger close the gap after a couple shots are placed and finish off with a melee regardless of if you’re strafing or moving backwards.

Why cant they just leave team slayer the way it is -.-? It the one team based place i can play without the TU -Yoink-.

> There are some significant changes that need to be made to the TU before it’s acceptable…
>
> - Bleedthrough needs to go. It makes weapons almost completely unnecessary when you can just land a couple bullets and finish someone off with your elbow, not to mention this was one of the defining differences between Reach and the other games.
> - Being stuck in armor lock should not kill, but should completely drain the charge on AL when it goes off. The other changes are fine, damage draining the charge is actually a good idea to balance the ability better.
> - Bloom should be brought back up to 100%. It completely unbalances the sandbox when you can spam the DMR/NR with practically no penalty, and also reduces the skillgap as there’s less of a difference between spamming and pacing.

Yeah… let’s get rid of most of the main changes the TU did and let’s just keep the removal of sword block.

Sounds like an epic TU.

> > There are some significant changes that need to be made to the TU before it’s acceptable…
> >
> > - Bleedthrough needs to go. It makes weapons almost completely unnecessary when you can just land a couple bullets and finish someone off with your elbow, not to mention this was one of the defining differences between Reach and the other games.
> > - Being stuck in armor lock should not kill, but should completely drain the charge on AL when it goes off. The other changes are fine, damage draining the charge is actually a good idea to balance the ability better.
> > - Bloom should be brought back up to 100%. It completely unbalances the sandbox when you can spam the DMR/NR with practically no penalty, and also reduces the skillgap as there’s less of a difference between spamming and pacing.
>
> Yeah… let’s get rid of most of the main changes the TU did and let’s just keep the removal of sword block.
>
> Sounds like an epic TU.

Exactly. The TU failed because it didn’t fix problems or balance things, it just changed those problems or introduced new ones. Some things the TU did right:

• Camo nerf
  • Armor Lock charge depleted by damage

and really, that’s about it. The most important changes that the TU should have made were completely ignored: quitting penalties and win incentive.

It’s rare to have a game that nobody quits during, and it’s really not that uncommon to have games where over half of the players quit. This ruins the game experience for those who stay, because it unbalances teams and slows down the game. There needs to be harsher penalties for quitting. I propose the following: every time you quit you LOSE 5k credits, increasing by 5k for each time you’ve quit in the last 48 hours. Quit three times in an hour, 30 minute matchmaking ban. Quit again within an hour of that ban expiring and you get a 24-hour ban.

Similarly, there’s no real incentive to win games, just to get high k/d. I’ve played games of Assault and CTF where the bombs/flags were never even touched because all anyone cared about was their personal stats. Hell, when I play rumble pit all I ever do is play slayer regardless of what the actual gametype is because there’s no reason to care about winning. Possible solutions would be to cut credits earned in half if you lose, or to give a 25% increase in credits earned if you win. 15% credit reduction for ties. This gives players the incentive to win so that they can keep all their credits, or get a boost to the credits they earned. The reduction for ties is in place to combat potential boosters from having intentionally-tied games.

I am looking forward to it as well, I truly hope we get to see the data collected, it would be interesting. See you there =)

> Exactly. The TU failed because it didn’t fix problems or balance things, it just changed those problems or introduced new ones. Some things the TU did right:
>
> - Camo nerf
> - Armor Lock charge depleted by damage
>
> and really, that’s about it. The most important changes that the TU should have made were completely ignored: quitting penalties and win incentive.

TU settings now reward the better player in battles, removing most of the randomness involved in it.

IF you call that a failure, I don’t know what to tell you.

> > Exactly. The TU failed because it didn’t fix problems or balance things, it just changed those problems or introduced new ones. Some things the TU did right:
> >
> > - Camo nerf
> > - Armor Lock charge depleted by damage
> >
> > and really, that’s about it. The most important changes that the TU should have made were completely ignored: quitting penalties and win incentive.
>
> TU settings now reward the better player in battles, removing most of the randomness involved in it.
>
> IF you call that a failure, I don’t know what to tell you.

The BETTER player, or just the one who starts shooting first? Because from what I’ve seen, it’s more the latter than the former…

> The BETTER player, or just the one who starts shooting first?

It rewards the better player.

> Because from what I’ve seen, it’s more the latter than the former…

I suggest you play with good people then.

Well good news is, I finaly have a reason to play Team Slayer again. Whether it is TU or not, I am earning me some good credits to being closer to Reclaimer Rank

> Will someone please explain to me what is wrong with bleed through
>
> OT: Yes, I would love to play some TS but the vanilla-ness is quite a turn off. I will be participating in this 2 week voting period.

My problem is that a whole set of health is like 1/3rd the strength of the shields, making headshots less important.

Also, i hate the DMR because even if a sliver of your shield (usualy too little to even see) is gone, 4 DMR shots will kill you.