One Match Ban?

For the past week or two, I’d quit a match, load up another, finish it, and be banned for quitting. After one quit, I’m banned for over 20 minutes? That’s ridiculous! It wasn’t even a ranked game, and I had things to do. I get back, finish a match completely, and then I’m banned. Why?
Honestly, I think those match boosts are great as they give incentive for staying in a game, but penalizing players so hard for quitting, when they could just be lagging out or in a game where they’re in a really bad situation, (your teammates go 7-19, not joking, this happens to me alot) or they’re just busy and gotta split.
At least if you could give players a message saying, “HEY! Last time before we ban you…” then that might help.

EDIT: Apparently the matches you quit stockpile over time. If anyone knows details, please share them. Is there a cooldown period, or will I have one-quit bans forever? Because my internet is not the greatest, so I’ll be banned a lot due to lag-outs.
Also, do you think lag-outs should count towards a ban, or just quits?

You have a pattern of quitting games.

You have 9 DNF’s in the past week, they build up and eventually you will just get banned everytime you quit.

We can see your past games… I haven’t seen a single topic on “why ban me I only left once” and the OP was actually telling the truth.

> 2533274864139918;4:
> We can see your past games… I haven’t seen a single topic on “why ban me I only left once” and the OP was actually telling the truth.

This

Happened to me over the weekend. I quit because we were 3 v 4 and my other 2 weren’t even playing. Feel free to look at my games I’m not a habitual quitter but seems pretty harsh to me.

> 2533274962336731;1:
> For the past week or two, I’d quit a match, load up another, finish it, and be banned for quitting. After one quit, I’m banned for over 20 minutes? That’s ridiculous! It wasn’t even a ranked game, and I had things to do. I get back, finish a match completely, and then I’m banned. Why?

Yeah just posted on this, there’s no real casual modes at all in Halo 5. I hate quitters on ranked games, but there should be some social playlists for people who don’t take it as seriously.

Bans can be delayed for a game or two.

According to your recent matchmaking record, you have a number of unfinished games (both ranked and social), which dropped the hammer.

2/8/2016 - 2 DNF
2/7/2016 - 1 DNF
2/5/2016 - 3 DNF
2/2/2016 - 3 DNF
2/1/2016 - 1 DNF
1/31/2016 - 1 DNF
1/29/2016 - 2 DNF
1/28/2016 - 1 DNF
1/27/2016 - 1 DNF

> 2533274862181038;8:
> Bans can be delayed for a game or two.
>
> According to your recent matchmaking record, you have a number of unfinished games (both ranked and social), which dropped the hammer.
>
> 2/8/2016 - 2 DNF
> 2/7/2016 - 1 DNF
> 2/5/2016 - 3 DNF
> 2/2/2016 - 3 DNF
> 2/1/2016 - 1 DNF
> 1/31/2016 - 1 DNF
> 1/29/2016 - 2 DNF
> 1/28/2016 - 1 DNF
> 1/27/2016 - 1 DNF
> …
> …

How did you find these stats?

> 2533274823820931;9:
> How did you find these stats?

RIght now you need to go to a players profile and look up their game history, then manyally scroll back through logging each DNF. I don’t generally go the extent PH does though, I just do a count over the last week vs. a count a few weeks back from that. We do need something a bit more automated though - either a filter for win/loss/DNF or maybe someone could poke the API and build a DNF checker

Here we go again…

OP: “I didn’t do anything to deserve a ban”
Forum member: “Dude, you had at least ___ DNF’s in the last week”
OP: “I did? Oh, yeah”

End story.

> 2535450449120712;11:
> Here we go again…
>
> OP: “I didn’t do anything to deserve a ban”
> Forum member: “Dude, you had at least ___ DNF’s in the last week”
> OP: “I did? Oh, yeah”
>
> End story.

Not all DNF are gamers quitting, I can easly say 343 are at fault as well.

Today I was playing a match. For some reason was having a very off game and I was the only reason my team was losing. So, I quit about 2/3 of the way into the game because I didn’t want to be the reason my team lost the whole match. I was banned for 4 minutes. I am NOT a regular quitter. I can’t recall quitting any of my matches in 2016. My issue with the whole ban system is that is doesn’t prevent players from quitting. I feel like I’m in a game with at least one person missing every 2-3 matches I play. (Breakout, SWAT, Slayer) This system feels broken and makes the game a lot less fun to play when I can’t seem to end in games with all 8 players very often.

I looked it up and I have 2 DNF games in 2016. One was what I just mentioned above. The other was a breakout match where all 3 of my teammates quit before the game even started. Why would I waste me time trying to complete that game? So I quit.

> 2533274792641480;7:
> > 2533274962336731;1:
> > For the past week or two, I’d quit a match, load up another, finish it, and be banned for quitting. After one quit, I’m banned for over 20 minutes? That’s ridiculous! It wasn’t even a ranked game, and I had things to do. I get back, finish a match completely, and then I’m banned. Why?
>
>
> Yeah just posted on this, there’s no real casual modes at all in Halo 5. I hate quitters on ranked games, but there should be some social playlists for people who don’t take it as seriously.

A lot of those weren’t even quits. I rarely quit matches, as I know it means I’ll get de-ranked. Most of those were lag-outs.
Hope this stops, because my McDonalds internet will get be banned again.

stop quitting you loser. its really simple

if you quit you will get banned. if you quit a lot they will ban you more. the more you quit the less tolerance they have. once you become a habitual quitter it takes only one quit to get you banned for a considerable amount of time. the amount of time goes up the more you quit. is it really that hard to understand??

DONT QUIT. it ruins the game and leaves everyone else hanging in the game. it is selfish and just doesnt make sense. (of course if there is a real emergency or other pressing life issues it can be understood occasionally. i have to quit sometimes but ive never been banned because it is RARE for me.) when i sit down to play halo i am committing to play that game out. you should be too…

stop complaining and stop quitting. either that or play campaign. they dont care if you quit there

Another?! That’s like three today?! Fools!

> 2533274864139918;4:
> We can see your past games… I haven’t seen a single topic on “why ban me I only left once” and the OP was actually telling the truth.

I saw one technically, he left one game within 2 weeks and got banned I didn’t go any further but still

I’ve been getting some bans myself, usually its because I’m playing alone and my team quits out and I’m like well so I quit. Its coming to a point where you can’t go in solo anymore. But rules are rules I deserve the ban