One last chance

Now, often I come on the forums to see Halo 4 news and so on, and all I see basically is just hundreds of people complaining… And whilst I can understand why, I think its important to say just a few things, starting with the fact that, halo 4 is the start of a new series, and is basically a pallet for the games to come, and whilst I understand that 343 are trying to incorporate new ideas, they should keep the old ones that Bungie implemented in the first place, and this is probably one of the most occurring issues with the game, the fact that they have taken out some of the best features from the older games, but here I think I should just pinpoint that although 343 have made mistakes, they have another chance. Halo 5. If they fail, we would all have a place to say how bad the game truely is, but aside from that, for their first game, they haven’t done so bad, if you’re all complaining about what they have done wrong, then they have to pick up on that, and fix it, for instance I personally won’t buy the game if they haven’t at least explained what happened to the arbiter, and the other elites and so on, but now that 343 have heard your constant rants, I think its time to stop. We all understand, and fair game if you find a bug and you need to point it out, but aside from that, we know about the problems of the game already, and if you hate it that much, sell it. You might be upset because they did a bad job, but there is still time for improvements, and development for halo 5 (Or so I have been told) has started, so why worry, it they mess up again, then you can then rant on about the end of halo, and even if it were the end of halo, its not a time to move onto Call of duty, as it is just as bad in many cases, its time a new Fps came out that showed us something a little different.

> Now often I come on the forums to see Halo 4 news and so on, and all I see basically is just hundreds of people complaining. And whilst I can understand why I think its important to say just a few things. Starting with the fact that halo 4 is the start of a new series and is basically a pallet for the games to come. Whilst I understand that 343 are trying to incorporate new ideas they should keep the old ones that Bungie implemented in the first place. This is probably one of the most occurring issues with the game, the fact that they have taken out some of the best features from the older games but here I think I should just pinpoint that although 343 have made mistakes they have another chance.
>
> Halo 5. If they fail, we would all have a place to say how bad the game truely is. Aside from that for their first game they haven’t done so bad. If you’re all complaining about what they have done wrong then they have to pick up on that and fix it. For instance I personally won’t buy the game if they haven’t at least explained what happened to the arbiter and the other elites and so on; but now that 343 have heard your constant rants I think its time to stop.
>
> We all understand, and fair game if you find a bug and you need to point it out but aside from that, we know about the problems of the game already. If you hate it that much, sell it. You might be upset because they did a bad job but there is still time for improvements and development for halo 5 (Or so I have been told). So why worry it they mess up again then you can then rant on about the end of halo. Even if it were the end of halo its not a time to move onto Call of duty, as it is just as bad in many cases. Its time a new Fps came out that showed us something a little different.

I fixed the paragraphs and the giant run on sentence that was the first half of that post. It should now be easier for others to read and contribute a constructive discussion.

“They should keep the the old [features] that Bungie implemented”

Why does this need to be said? The fact these features aren’t in the game is red flag one.

“although 343i has made mistakes they have another chance”

No they don’t. They blew it overall with Halo 4 and have little to no hope of recovering from the cuts they made to this games core mechanics. They took out too much, there isn’t anything left to salvage.

“If they fail,”
They have failed.

“We would all have a place to say how bad the game truly is”
We have that place now, it’s the Halo 4 forum.

“Aside from that for their first game they haven’t done so bad”

Of course they haven’t. But I think you’re forgetting what this first game is. A start of a trilogy of potentailly disastrous games that will, predictably, ruin the franchise set forth in 2001-2007 by Bungie.

“You’re all complaining about what they have done wrong then they have to pick up on that and fix it”

They haven’t picked up on it yet my friend. They abandoned Reach sometime in 2011, and this game isn’t far behind. Once the season pass fills out the DLC packs, 343i will go more silent than Bungie is now until Halo 5.

“You might be upset because they did a bad job but there is still time for improvements and development for halo 5 (Or so I have been told). So why worry it they mess up again then you can then rant on about the end of halo”

Indeed there is still time. But how much? And when will 343i use this remaining time to fix the game we have? If they mess up again, they go up in smoke and flames as the company that ruined one of the best FPS series of this generation. They will be destroyed if Halo 5 isn’t improved from this disappointment we find ourselves in.

> “They should keep the the old [features] that Bungie implemented”
>
> Why does this need to be said? The fact these features aren’t in the game is red flag one.
>
>
> “although 343i has made mistakes they have another chance”
>
> No they don’t. They blew it overall with Halo 4 and have little to no hope of recovering from the cuts they made to this games core mechanics. They took out too much, there isn’t anything left to salvage.
>
> “If they fail,”
> They have failed.
>
> “We would all have a place to say how bad the game truly is”
> We have that place now, it’s the Halo 4 forum.
>
>
> “Aside from that for their first game they haven’t done so bad”
>
> Of course they haven’t. But I think you’re forgetting what this first game is. A start of a trilogy of potentailly disastrous games that will, predictably, ruin the franchise set forth in 2001-2007 by Bungie.
>
>
> “You’re all complaining about what they have done wrong then they have to pick up on that and fix it”
>
> They haven’t picked up on it yet my friend. They abandoned Reach sometime in 2011, and this game isn’t far behind. Once the season pass fills out the DLC packs, 343i will go more silent than Bungie is now until Halo 5.
>
>
> “You might be upset because they did a bad job but there is still time for improvements and development for halo 5 (Or so I have been told). So why worry it they mess up again then you can then rant on about the end of halo”
>
> Indeed there is still time. But how much? And when will 343i use this remaining time to fix the game we have? If they mess up again, they go up in smoke and flames as the company that ruined one of the best FPS series of this generation. They will be destroyed if Halo 5 isn’t improved from this disappointment we find ourselves in.

Could you elaborate on the point you made about 343i failing? How have they “failed”?

The old features bungie implemented were awsome. they should of exspanded of them instead of copying every one els.

> Could you elaborate on the point you made about 343i failing? How have they “failed”?

How in the WORLD did they succeed? Because millions of fans bought a game that Bungie made legendary 10 years ago? This game sold because it has Halo in the title. That’s it.

Multiplayer is an absolute wreck, and there’s really NO saving it. There’s just too much wrong with it, starting right at the core. Loadouts, AAs, etc. The game was built around these things, which were disastrous a game ago in Reach (why bring them back when they were declared awful in a previous title?!)

Campaign continues to lack any real difficulty unless you put on 8 skulls, effectively turning baddies into bullet sponges that you have to some how fist fight to death Hulk Hogan style. BUT, the story was intriguing.

Forge and Custom Game Modes are strangely … limited?

And Spartan Ops is LOL. I actually liked the idea of Spartan Ops. It’s a continuation of the Halo 4 Storyline (very interesting) and all but c’mon … unlimited lives? Spawning you in the middle of 50 bad guys? wtf?

DSight, many players, like myself, lost faith in 343 when they took over TU’s for Halo: Reach and proceeded to remove playlists such as Squad Slayer and FF Limited, as well as dividing the community by keeping TU and Vanilla Reach game types … separate … which were puzzling, senseless, and amateur-ish moves at best? So you can imagine that our faith in this company was relatively low heading into Halo 4.

I will admit, I had LOW expectations for Halo 4 after the way 343 handled Reach in Bungie’s wake, but this game has hit rock bottom. 343 has certainly dropped the ball. These forums are exploding every hour with complaints.

I cannot see how anyone can argue that 343 has SUCCEEDED.

> > Could you elaborate on the point you made about 343i failing? How have they “failed”?
>
> How in the WORLD did they succeed? Because millions of fans bought a game that Bungie made legendary 10 years ago? This game sold because it has Halo in the title. That’s it.
>
> Multiplayer is an absolute wreck, and there’s really NO saving it. There’s just too much wrong with it, starting right at the core. Loadouts, AAs, etc. The game was built around these things, which were disastrous a game ago in Reach (why bring them back when they were declared awful in a previous title?!)
>
> Campaign continues to lack any real difficulty unless you put on 8 skulls, effectively turning baddies into bullet sponges that you have to some how fist fight to death Hulk Hogan style. BUT, the story was intriguing.
>
> Forge and Custom Game Modes are strangely … limited?
>
> And Spartan Ops is LOL. I actually liked the idea of Spartan Ops. It’s a continuation of the Halo 4 Storyline (very interesting) and all but c’mon … unlimited lives? Spawning you in the middle of 50 bad guys? wtf?
>
> DSight, many players, like myself, lost faith in 343 when they took over TU’s for Halo: Reach and proceeded to remove playlists such as Squad Slayer and FF Limited, as well as dividing the community by keeping TU and Vanilla Reach game types … separate … which were puzzling, senseless, and amateur-ish moves at best? So you can imagine that our faith in this company was relatively low heading into Halo 4.
>
> I will admit, I had LOW expectations for Halo 4 after the way 343 handled Reach in Bungie’s wake, but this game has hit rock bottom. 343 has certainly dropped the ball. These forums are exploding every hour with complaints.
>
> I cannot see how anyone can argue that 343 has SUCCEEDED.

This a million times this, the only people saying 343 succeeded are the ones that like the stagnation that is fps’s. Atleast that is how i look at it, they like the influence that cod has had on the fps genre and how it is destroying it.

I think they did a pretty good job with the game as a whole. I like the introduction of some COD elements as it does help the game evolve and basically keep up with every other FPS on the market right now.

Their biggest failings IMO have to do with their playlist choices and how they handled DLCs, LE bonuses, and public relations which are all just nightmarish.

I think the core engine they have developed is fine. It’s just simple human nature to always complain about what’s different. Halo 2 was plagued with complaints, so was Halo 3 and yet they are touted as some of the best in the franchise. The differentiation back then was that competition was almost non-existent for Halo in those days and the series was the FPS of choice. Now that people have more viable FPS choices they view Halo as dying and FUBAR and will go play something else.

Just my opinion, which I’m entitled to.

> I think they did a pretty good job with the game as a whole. I like the introduction of some COD elements as it does help the game evolve and basically keep up with every other FPS on the market right now.
>
> Their biggest failings IMO have to do with their playlist choices and how they handled DLCs, LE bonuses, and public relations which are all just nightmarish.
>
> I think the core engine they have developed is fine. It’s just simple human nature to always complain about what’s different. Halo 2 was plagued with complaints, so was Halo 3 and yet they are touted as some of the best in the franchise. The differentiation back then was that competition was almost non-existent for Halo in those days and the series was the FPS of choice. Now that people have more viable FPS choices they view Halo as dying and FUBAR and will go play something else.
>
> Just my opinion, which I’m entitled to.

The core is good but it is the fluff that 343 added that is hindering it. You do not add class based shooter elements to something that is supposed to be arena. That defeats the entire purpose of it being an arena shooter. Why must every game conform to the standards that is slowly killing the fps genre.

343 had the perfect opportunity to return halo to its roots and make it great again. They did not they went the easy route. The only light on the horizon for me for this game is the mlg playlist, vanilla is plagued by everything that is wrong with fps’s.

I don’t see it as a failure or success to meet our expectations, the facts are that they are a business. They bought the Halo name, and are now making it their own game.

Take it or leave it, this is how Halo 4 is, and this is the direction future Halo titles will take.

We may effect a few things in the games to come with our input here, but this is not going to be a re-release of Halo CE - 3. You couldn’t have been so naive as to expect it to be exactly the same.

> Now, often I come on the forums to see Halo 4 news and so on, and all I see basically is just hundreds of people complaining… And whilst I can understand why, I think its important to say just a few things, starting with the fact that, halo 4 is the start of a new series, and is basically a pallet for the games to come, and whilst I understand that 343 are trying to incorporate new ideas, they should keep the old ones that Bungie implemented in the first place, and this is probably one of the most occurring issues with the game, the fact that they have taken out some of the best features from the older games, but here I think I should just pinpoint that although 343 have made mistakes, they have another chance. Halo 5. If they fail, we would all have a place to say how bad the game truely is, but aside from that, for their first game, they haven’t done so bad, if you’re all complaining about what they have done wrong, then they have to pick up on that, and fix it, for instance I personally won’t buy the game if they haven’t at least explained what happened to the arbiter, and the other elites and so on, but now that 343 have heard your constant rants, I think its time to stop. We all understand, and fair game if you find a bug and you need to point it out, but aside from that, we know about the problems of the game already, and if you hate it that much, sell it. You might be upset because they did a bad job, but there is still time for improvements, and development for halo 5 (Or so I have been told) has started, so why worry, it they mess up again, then you can then rant on about the end of halo, and even if it were the end of halo, its not a time to move onto Call of duty, as it is just as bad in many cases, its time a new Fps came out that showed us something a little different.

This information is in the books. The arbiter and the other elites are having a civil war on their home planet between each other. The arbiter wants a peace treaty with the humans, not all of the elites agree so they are fighting over it. They should’ve had a backstory cutscene at the beginning of the game to explain things like this.