One hit weapon?

So we all know the energy sword is supposed to be a one shot weapon. But why does not one shot someone who also is using the energy sword? It just brings down there shield , so you both hit each other it’s usually the first to hit the second time who wins that duel, here’s a tip, if you can get a shotgun , use it after the first hit, the enemy will most likely move in for another hit , you need to boost out of the way and switch to the shotgun and finish them off. Well good luck every one.

It’s sword clashing like in previous games.

It’s been a thing since either 3 or reach I think.

Started in Halo 3, sword clashing.

For a short while in Reach, forget if it was on launch or during the Beta, but a well-timed melee would counter the sword lunge. Interesting concept.

> 2533274850493408;4:
> For a short while in Reach, forget if it was on launch or during the Beta, but a well-timed melee would counter the sword lunge. Interesting concept.

Was that changed in the 2011 TU? For as long as I’ve played, it’s always been like that

> 2535419216296555;5:
> > 2533274850493408;4:
> > For a short while in Reach, forget if it was on launch or during the Beta, but a well-timed melee would counter the sword lunge. Interesting concept.
>
> Was that changed in the 2011 TU? For as long as I’ve played, it’s always been like that

No, it was even more short-lived than that I believe. Was an interesting idea, but not a terribly good one. Like killcams in Halo 4.