One Final Map Pack. My Ideas

343i or Certain Affinity should make one final map pack a few months after the release of the Classic Map pack. It should contain 4 or 5 maps and cost 1000-1200 MS points. It could be the last map pack but it would be a long stretch without new content for Reach before Halo 4 releases.

Here are some ideas for the content.

Map 1: A Remake of The Pit. Many people would rather ask for a remake of Guardian but this would work better for Reach’s physics and gameplay. You wouldn’t be able to sprint or use a jet pack on guardian very effectively.

Map 2: A Medium-Sized, symmetrical, snowy map, with bases on both sides. Think Tempest. Add a banshee on one side, and some cliffs on the other and it would work pretty well.

Map 3: A Small, Close Quarters map with some open areas for DMRs. Think Ghost Town. Obviously Ghost Town wasn’t a very good map but if designed properly, it might work.

Map 4: Invasion. It could take some work, and might be impossible but think Star Wars Battlefront Space Battles. Elites are on the offense. They get Space banshees seraphs and phantoms in the hangar of a Cruiser or Corvette. The first objective would be to take out the UNSC Ship’s engines(Like Long Night of Solace). Then they would breach the hull, take down the defenses inside, and plant a bomb in an intelligence room or engine room etc.

Map 5,6,7: Alpha Site, Security Zone, or Lost Platoon Firefight remakes. Any of them would work.

I believe any combination of these 7 map types would work and would make a great map pack. Thoughts?

Remember Halo 3? Remember the amount of maps you got for 800 Microsoft Points? Obviously you don’t. The price must be 800.

As for coherent, rage-reduced comments:

This map pack requires some remakes from Halo 2 and 3, provided the TU brings back the more “classic” features. Also, why stop at one firefight or invasion map? Give 2 or 3 of each, with Firefight getting some ODST classics remade (with normal Chaingun Warthogs, of course), and Invasion taking place somewhere other than on Reach. Maybe a Halo ring, or maybe a battle on Harvest?

Sorry to burst youre bubble but Frank O’Conner said that there would be no more maps for Halo reach until the 7 that come with HCEA

> Remember Halo 3? Remember the amount of maps you got for 800 Microsoft Points? Obviously you don’t. The price must be 800.
>
> As for coherent, rage-reduced comments:
>
> This map pack requires some remakes from Halo 2 and 3, provided the TU brings back the more “classic” features. Also, why stop at one firefight or invasion map? Give 2 or 3 of each, with Firefight getting some ODST classics remade (with normal Chaingun Warthogs, of course), and Invasion taking place somewhere other than on Reach. Maybe a Halo ring, or maybe a battle on Harvest?

Fine how about.

Map Pack 1: Pit Remake, Space Invasion, Alpha Site Remake
Map Pack 2: Medium Snow Map, Security Zone Remake, New Invasion and or Firefight

> Sorry to burst youre bubble but Frank O’Conner said that there would be no more maps for Halo reach until the 7 that come with HCEA

I believe OP was referring to DLC after the release of H:CEA.

> > Sorry to burst youre bubble but Frank O’Conner said that there would be no more maps for Halo reach until the 7 that come with HCEA
>
> I believe OP was referring to DLC after the release of H:CEA.

Oh well in that case anything is possible!

I completely agree.

Map 1: I like Guardian better than The Pit, but The Pit was a solid map, and one of the best in Halo 3.

Map 2: Yeah. I’d like a Snow Forge World as well as maps like this, so maybe they could do something like they did with Forge World/Hemmorhage, and make it a map within a map? (MAPCEPTION)

Map 3: Ghost Town was a great map, but wasn’t designed correctly. This is another reason I like Guardian, as it’s also CQC.

Map 4: Yeah, it seems that all of the good large-scale epic battle Invasion games are made by the Community, which is good, but Forge can’t capture the true power of Halo.

I like those Firefight maps, but I’m not sure if they could put all of this in one map pack.

EDIT: The two map packs that you split it into are awesome.

I’m not one to compare to a certain rival game, but they’re releasing their 4th map pack in about 10 days, and their maps are generally medium-sized and about 4 maps per pack. This would be good for competition, and for the maps!

> Sorry to burst youre bubble but Frank O’Conner said that there would be no more maps for Halo reach until the 7 that come with HCEA

What about after? Halo 3 and Halo 2 had 23-24 maps a piece by the time they were through. Reach has 12 multiplayer maps including Invasion maps which usually don’t translate well to BTB. I’d say it’s not completely absurd to suspect another map pack after the 7 we are getting.

> I completely agree.
>
> Map 1: I like Guardian better than The Pit, but The Pit was a solid map, and one of the best in Halo 3.
>
> Map 2: Yeah. I’d like a Snow Forge World as well as maps like this, so maybe they could do something like they did with Forge World/Hemmorhage, and make it a map within a map? (MAPCEPTION)
>
> Map 3: Ghost Town was a great map, but wasn’t designed correctly. This is another reason I like Guardian, as it’s also CQC.
>
> Map 4: Yeah, it seems that all of the good large-scale epic battle Invasion games are made by the Community, which is good, but Forge can’t capture the true power of Halo.
>
> I like those Firefight maps, but I’m not sure if they could put all of this in one map pack.
>
> EDIT: The two map packs that you split it into are awesome.
>
> I’m not one to compare to a certain rival game, but they’re releasing their 4th map pack in about 10 days, and their maps are generally medium-sized and about 4 maps per pack. This would be good for competition, and for the maps!

1. But things like AA’s won’t fit well on Guardian.
  2. Perhaps a map that was focused on gameplay, like Tempest, that also has forge capabilities.
  3. Not an actual Remake of Ghost Town, just graphics/concept
  4. Yup.
    5.6.7. These I didn’t intend to fit into one map pack, but just to say, any could be included.

> What about after? Halo 3 and Halo 2 had 23-24 maps a piece by the time they were through. Reach has 12 multiplayer maps including Invasion maps which usually don’t translate well to BTB. I’d say it’s not completely absurd to suspect another map pack after the 7 we are getting.

Halo 3 had four DLC map packs + Cold Storage as a free download, 13 maps in total.
Halo Reach has had two map packs so far totaling 6 maps, and 7 more are on the way with the Halo: CE remake. That makes 13 DLC maps for reach. Seems like it adds up to me. (Sure they could add more, but in terms of added DLC content they’ve hit their “quota”)

> > What about after? Halo 3 and Halo 2 had 23-24 maps a piece by the time they were through. Reach has 12 multiplayer maps including Invasion maps which usually don’t translate well to BTB. I’d say it’s not completely absurd to suspect another map pack after the 7 we are getting.
>
> Halo 3 had four DLC map packs + Cold Storage as a free download, 13 maps in total.
> Halo Reach has had two map packs so far totaling 6 maps, and 7 more are on the way with the Halo: CE remake. That makes 13 DLC maps for reach. Seems like it adds up to me. (Sure they could add more, but in terms of added DLC content they’ve hit their “quota”)

That’s true if you count firefight maps. I was just thinking about multiplayer maps.

> That’s true if you count firefight maps. I was just thinking about multiplayer maps.

Sadly I believe 343 would constitute them as full-fledged multiplayer maps.

I would like an invasion map pack, since we only have spire and boneyard now (lets face it breakpoint NEVER comes up) 3 new invasion maps would be great. They could be made foreable and therefore used for bigteam or whatever as well. (although again, lets face it, DLC maps never appear in matchmaking) Also you would have to have them to play in the playlist (so that one warrant officer who doesn’t want to buy them doesn’t stop the other 11 people from playing)

No more firefight maps, (except if its flood), no more invasion maps, please just basic, good ol multiplayer maps.
Well, if you take out the like 5 maps made in forgeworld, then 343 could add 5 more.
Maybe they could ACTUALLY remake the forgeworld ones.

and i would make a DLC required invasion playlist, so people could actually use breakpoint.

did you read the first sentence?

What the 343 needs to do is add some Yoink community made Invasion maps. There are a ton of great ones out there and none are being used.

> > Sorry to burst youre bubble but Frank O’Conner said that there would be no more maps for Halo reach until the 7 that come with HCEA
>
> did you read the first sentence?

Yes but I miss read it (for some reason thought it said before and not after) D:

Sorry for the mistake…