One Feature Still Unanswered

I’ve been lurking on here for a while now. Searching for new info, opinions, etc… I go on here quite often and so far I have gained an abundance of information. However, is it just me or did everybody forget about a feature that has been clouded in mystery since the reveal of multiplayer?

I’m talking about the team names and emblems

Ever since the first multiplayer gameplay footage was revealed, you see an emblem for both the red team and the blue team. Also, each team had their own name. One name was Team Demon and the other was called Team Fury.

I almost completely forgot about it for a while until recently, when I viewed their new footage of Vortex. Although I did not catch a team name, those same emblems were still there on the bottom right corner. I then realized that those emblems have been their for almost every piece of multiplayer footage.

What does this mean? Will they have a team system? Will this have something to do with the speculated ranking system? Did they reveal this already and I just haven’t been paying attention? (Doubtful)

What are your thoughts about this? Personally i’m hoping for a team system.

I assume that unless you are part of a predetermined party/clan, the name and tag are random.

I assume if you form together a large or decently size party together with friends before hoping into War Games you can pick out a team name and emblem. I assume such features will be customizable in Custom games too but this is speculation.

I remember someone asking 343i about this feature in an interview and I believe that they said it was a canon feature or something and that we didn’t have customization over it. I could be wrong about that though. I really hope it ties in with the whole “group tracking” that we still know nothing about. Clans would be nice.

It’s a canon-feature that you cannot change. It’s just random emblems and names to show different teams in War Games.

In the final build and Matchmaking, those emblems will be different in each team game with different team names. They’re really nothing expect canon, and somewhat distinct of each team.

Team Slayer Examples:

Game 1
Red Team; Shark
Blue Team; Cobra

Game 2
Red Team; Unicorn
Blue Team; Wolf

Game 3
Red Team; Wolf
Blue Team; Shark

Multi-Team Example:
Red Team; Cobra
Blue Team; Butterfly
Green Team; Unicorn
Yellow Team; Shark

thats disappointing…they could have given us the option of customizing our own team names or clan purposes. BTW what source did you obtain this from? I believe you, im just curious. Also do you know anything about the “group tracking” feature??

I thought it were just placeholders, i guess they wanted to make it sound not bland but just went with red team and blue anyway

> thats disappointing…they could have given us the option of customizing our own team names or clan purposes. BTW what source did you obtain this from? I believe you, im just curious. Also do you know anything about the “group tracking” feature??

Yeah, but how many trolls are just going to abuse that and make offensive team names, which will just lead to the feature being removed anyway?

It’s a shame, cause having custom team names for large/full parties would really add to the fun of multiplayer, like the old halo 2 clans.

> I thought it were just placeholders, i guess they wanted to make it sound not bland but just went with red team and blue anyway

The names “Fury” and “Demon” were just place holders or a scrapped idea. They’ve re-replaced with Red and Blue, but the emblems of the Shark and Manta Ray have taken hold. If the above post were true, and it falls under canon, meh. It seems unlikely that out of the hundreds of spartan IV’s on the infinity, there are only two teams in the simulation/training deck. Customization of team emblems and names seems more canonical to me.

> I thought it were just placeholders, i guess they wanted to make it sound not bland but just went with red team and blue anyway

They were place holders. They seemed to have been toying with an idea and then scrapped it, I think it was in one of the q&a bulletins. Team names are just colors again.