One easy fix to Firefight. Subtraction.

Since doubles was removed how about new playlist with Triples. I swear I have more fun when it’s three players rather than four when playing Arcade. The Lag seems to go away and there’s enough Ai to kill for everyone. Throw in that fourth player and the game seems to bog down and the Ai can be easily overwhelmed to the point where it just becomes dull.

Four active players who are good can destroy the Ai rather easily in Arcade, so it boils down to a spastic race of spamming the Rocket Launcher or Fuel Rod Cannon, rather than anything remotely coherent or cooperative. Three players seems to be an even balance against the Ai while retaining that sense of numbers on the Player’s side of the equation, especially in the Elite Heavy waves. You’re forced to work together at that point when it’s just three players.

I know it’s moot point, but really by just observing countless matches in Firefight I’ve found that I’ve had more fun when it’s three in Arcade compared to four, due to those of us who like to use the other weapons other than the power ones, we now have a chance to use them with better results. Plus Lag seems to be reduced significantly when you lose that fourth wheel.

Completely redundant having another Firefight playlist while the four player one still exists, sure it stops lag, but it is still redundant.

Also: we won’t be adding playlists at this point in the game’s life.

Yeah, I know that Moa. Maybe they could consider it after December or a side note for anyone one who includes a Firefight mode to a game and they have bad net coding.

> Yeah, I know that Moa. Maybe they could consider it after December or a side note for anyone one who includes a Firefight mode to a game and they have bad net coding.

You weren’t going to get much better net code from the time the game came out.

Like said in that tweet, they aren’t looking to add any more playlists at this point in the games life, there is no need in them adding another Firefight playlist when the one right now is fine, even with one less player in ‘Triples’ it can still lag as bad as 4 player FF.

> Completely redundant having another Firefight playlist while the four player one still exists, sure it stops lag, but it is still redundant.
>
> Also: we won’t be adding playlists at this point in the game’s life.

You seem to be misquoting… It also says <mark><mark>“Not final forever, but final for the next several months”</mark></mark>, I’m pretty sure you sourced somewhere a while to a forum saying that they were talking about adding a update to halo 3, reach at some point.

> Completely redundant having another Firefight playlist while the four player one still exists, sure it stops lag, but it is still redundant.

Tell that to Rumble Pit, Double Team, Multi-Team, Team Objective, etc.

I mean, there’s no reason to have them since Big Team Battle exists, right?

> > Completely redundant having another Firefight playlist while the four player one still exists, sure it stops lag, but it is still redundant.
> >
> > Also: we won’t be adding playlists at this point in the game’s life.
>
> You seem to be misquoting… It also says <mark><mark>“Not final forever, but final for the next several months”</mark></mark>, I’m pretty sure you sourced somewhere a while to a forum saying that they were talking about adding a update to halo 3, reach at some point.

I only added the part that was relevant, they aren’t going to be adding any more playlists, even when they start doing them again, there will be changes like putting maps into playlists, removing stuff from playlists, all that stuff.

No more playlists.

> > Completely redundant having another Firefight playlist while the four player one still exists, sure it stops lag, but it is still redundant.
>
> Tell that to Rumble Pit, Double Team, Multi-Team, Team Objective, etc.
>
> I mean, there’s no reason to have them since Big Team Battle exists, right?

One could say that, except you don’t get maps like Hemorrhage in Team Objective for Capture the Flag, nor do you get Juggernaut in Big Team Battle.

All the Firefight playlists have always featured every single map in the game, including the DLC.

> One could say that, except you don’t get maps like Hemorrhage in Team Objective for Capture the Flag, nor do you get Juggernaut in Big Team Battle.

Let’s be fair - it’s not like Juggernaut comes up enough in RP to make it worth while anyways.

> > One could say that, except you don’t get maps like Hemorrhage in Team Objective for Capture the Flag, nor do you get Juggernaut in Big Team Battle.
>
> Let’s be fair - it’s not like Juggernaut comes up enough in RP to make it worth while anyways.

Suppose, although, Rocket Hog Race doesn’t appear in Big Team Battle, it can only fit in Multi-Team, and considering it has an achievement linked to it :confused:

Realistically speaking, it’s best to just not compare the two, which is where I think 343 misjudged. All of this is coming from someone who doesn’t just play Firefight for credits, but actually enjoys co-op vs CPU games in general.

Firefight’s nothing like Matchmaking when it comes to preference. I played Doubles because 4-player is a a completely different experience. FF Limited is WAY more balanced for 2 players instead of 4. You either have 4 competent players which leads to Limited being a cakewalk, or you get matched up with people who drain through lives ridiculously fast (sometimes intentionally).

And then on to Arcadefight. Arcadefight is a joke even in Doubles. Hell, I can regularly beat all 3 rounds on smaller maps myself. 4 people thrown in to that on any of the smaller maps is ridiculous.

I won’t hit too much on people trolling the playlist, because I do realize that happens on the MM side of things, too. But at the very least, there is SOME sort of boot system in MM. There’s really nothing you can do in FF, except finish the match and hope you don’t see them again (at this point I should mention if anyone brings up the Avoid system on XBL, I’ll just stop taking anything you say seriously.)

My point is there are REASONS it’s nice having different amounts of players, which is where 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 etc. player modes started with in the beginning. This applies to Firefight as well, it just seems to get overlooked a good bit.

And to fully cover my bases, yes, the friend that I regularly play with and I do handle this by just playing custom firefights occasionally. But this is obviously negated when it comes to working on commendations/challenges/etc.

Yea, the entire 2 years i’ve been playing Reach i have only seen Juggernaut 2 times.

I think subtraction is a good idea, subtract 2 and bring back Firefight Doubles. Just a suggestion.

> Realistically speaking, it’s best to just not compare the two, which is where I think 343 misjudged. All of this is coming from someone who doesn’t just play Firefight for credits, but actually enjoys co-op vs CPU games in general.
>
> Firefight’s nothing like Matchmaking when it comes to preference. I played Doubles because 4-player is a a completely different experience. FF Limited is WAY more balanced for 2 players instead of 4. You either have 4 competent players which leads to Limited being a cakewalk, or you get matched up with people who drain through lives ridiculously fast (sometimes intentionally).
>
> And then on to Arcadefight. Arcadefight is a joke even in Doubles. Hell, I can regularly beat all 3 rounds on smaller maps myself. 4 people thrown in to that on any of the smaller maps is ridiculous.
>
> I won’t hit too much on people trolling the playlist, because I do realize that happens on the MM side of things, too. But at the very least, there is SOME sort of boot system in MM. There’s really nothing you can do in FF, except finish the match and hope you don’t see them again (at this point I should mention if anyone brings up the Avoid system on XBL, I’ll just stop taking anything you say seriously.)
>
> My point is there are REASONS it’s nice having different amounts of players, which is where 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 etc. player modes started with in the beginning. This applies to Firefight as well, it just seems to get overlooked a good bit.
>
> And to fully cover my bases, yes, the friend that I regularly play with and I do handle this by just playing custom firefights occasionally. But this is obviously negated when it comes to working on commendations/challenges/etc.

I see where you are coming from completely then, but if you think about it, the majority of people who actually played Firefight for credits, commendations and all that stuff completely dump all over the minority who played it for the reason like you do, they can continue to earn their cR & commendations in Firefight 4 players.

Sucks for you but everyone lost something they liked in this playlist update, I didn’t mind playing Action Sack every now and then.

> > > Completely redundant having another Firefight playlist while the four player one still exists, sure it stops lag, but it is still redundant.
> > >
> > > Also: we won’t be adding playlists at this point in the game’s life.
> >
> > You seem to be misquoting… It also says <mark><mark>“Not final forever, but final for the next several months”</mark></mark>, I’m pretty sure you sourced somewhere a while to a forum saying that they were talking about adding a update to halo 3, reach at some point.
>
> I only added the part that was relevant, they aren’t going to be adding any more playlists, even when they start doing them again, there will be changes like putting maps into playlists, removing stuff from playlists, all that stuff.
>
> No more playlists.

Actually it’s quite relevant since it’s quite misleading to imply it will never be updated when you yourself mentioned previously that there talking of doing it, it clearly says this won’t be happening within this couples of months. The best guess halo 3, reach won’t be updated till halo 4 is released.