One day Halo 4 Boycott

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Today, in light of the GDC panel’s disgustingly offensive reveal of the “Disabled Spartan” image, and their blatant lie that “the community wanted a progression system”, I am calling for a one-day Halo 4 boycott. Yes, that’s right, a strike, if you will.

On the 8th of April, the Castle release date, if you switch on your XboX, don’t play Halo 4. For a single day.

Why?

This will show 343 Industries the community is unsatisfied with both their conduct, and their mocking of those less fortunate.

So will you join me? If this thread reaches 3 pages, the boycott is confirmed. Please show you aren’t happy with what you bought. I may sound like a 9 year old kid, but we paid for this. We should get a satisfactory product.

If I’m not mistaken, Halo 4’s population tells me most people are already boycotting the game. Nonetheless I will support this. 343i does owe us at least an apology.

Could you link the image?

I haven’t seen it.

Remember just because something is represented doesn’t mean it is offensive.

Every gaming company wants to make money. But they don’t just do it for the money they do it because it’s their passion. This was how Bungie was/is. It’s a community. But I don’t see that in 343i. I only see a business who wants to make something look appealing by slapping a name that everyone knows and loves onto it.

1 day? I’m at 4 months, and counting…

dont count me in… i like H4

> dont count me in… i like H4

Same here. Love the game and the things 343 do to expand Halo Universe.

It could be perfectly innocent: Looking at the image is it not just chief in a beanbag chair? I don’t know the context though.

That’s a wheelchair.

I won’t play halo 4 ANYMORE . I lost all my faith in 343 after the GDC panel.

PLEASE keep this thread alive and remember to favorite it so more people will read it

I haven’t played Halo 4 for more than a month now, and I don’t plan on playing it anytime soon, so you can count me in.

> dont count me in… i like H4

Same.

Hi, I haven’t signed in or played Halo in several months. I signed in just to support this thread. If anyone still supports Halo they either are.

1: A blind fanboy.

2: 4 is their first game and they have no idea what they are missing.

That’s all. I’ll leave for a couple more months now.

I’m in, but I barely touch Halo 4 as it is. Haven’t even downloaded the patch or Forge Island.

When they started talking about the competitive edge to Halo, I was extremely frustrated. If 343i can remember anything, there were only 6 or so playlists when Halo 4 was first released. Of those playlists 1 was “competitive”, that was Slayer Pro. We all know that Slayer Pro in Halo 4 sucked.

There were NO competitive playlists at launch, there is NO skill gap, very little learning curve, the game is far too random, amongst other things.

343i need to learn to stop putting their foot in their mouths.

> Hi, I haven’t signed in or played Halo in several months. I signed in just to support this thread. If anyone still supports Halo they either are.
>
> 1: A blind fanboy.
>
> 2: 4 is their first game and they have no idea what they are missing.
>
> That’s all. I’ll leave for a couple more months now.

I still love Halo 4, but I am now questioning what 343i pulled at the GDC Panel. Still, I’ll pass on the boycott.

They won’t care as they already have your money. Such a stupid idea this is.

I think the overall population figures are enough to demonstrate how off putting this game is to so many. I will quit at the end of April if it doesn’t work out and population figures continue to drop. I am already being excessively subjected to playing with international hosts in matchmaking that I can’t even play the game properly with. What’s the point.

> They won’t care as they already have your money. Such a stupid idea this is.

Like I already told you on B.net:

¨Yeah, but they won’t get it for Halo 5, and I believe that that’s one of their concerns, when they see the population shrink.¨

> They won’t care as they already have your money. Such a stupid idea this is.

Maybe not. The point of this is to get their attention, that is all.

>

They don’t care. They never have. They may show love for a little while but once people have returned, they will go back to not caring.