one betrayal per game each not this reach trash

You should be allowed one betrayal per game before others get the option to boot you. Not one betrayal for the entire game. It pisses me off when some jerk off on your team kills you on purpose and if you throw a nade at him and he dies he gets to boot you and not the other way around. or if you betrayal was truly an accident and someone has already betrayed someone on your team and everyone gets the option to boot you. Betrayal system in reach is garbage.

one betrayal for the entire team* . sorry not game

Why not just turn friendly fire off. And only have betrayals when a team member runs you over with a vehicle.

it would be cheap if you were able to bombard an area with grenade and rockets and tank rockets and wraith explosions while your teammates are engaged in close quarter combat. Can get you some cheap kills whilst keeping your teammate alive. Also being able to stick your teammate and having him run into a room gunz a blazin would be cheap. the friendly fire works well for halo

> friendly fire works well for halo

When you have those teammates who decides they want to be a -Yoink-, or be a hero when they step out in front of you as soon as you fire the Rocket Launcher. Don’t forget about the teammates that kill you, or others becasue you have a power weapon.

Yep. Friendly Fire sure does work well for Halo.

> > friendly fire works well for halo
>
> When you have those teammates who decides they want to be a -Yoink!-, or be a hero when they step out in front of you as soon as you fire the Rocket Launcher. Don’t forget about the teammates that kill you, or others becasue you have a power weapon.
>
> Yep. Friendly Fire sure does work well for Halo.

The problem isn’t the system, the problem is the users. You have to punish the users who misuse the system, not alter the system. Certain betrayals can be fixed by implementing smaller changes. To combat teamkilling for weapons you simply make it so that if you kill a team mate, you can’t pick up their weapon.

>
> When you have those teammates who decides they want to be a -Yoink!-, or be a hero when they step out in front of you as soon as you fire the Rocket Launcher. Don’t forget about the teammates that kill you, or others becasue you have a power weapon.
>

I don’t think you realize how broken this game would be if friendly fire was off. This isn’t COD… it actually requires some form of skill besides point and shoot.

> > > friendly fire works well for halo
> >
> > When you have those teammates who decides they want to be a -Yoink!-, or be a hero when they step out in front of you as soon as you fire the Rocket Launcher. Don’t forget about the teammates that kill you, or others becasue you have a power weapon.
> >
> > Yep. Friendly Fire sure does work well for Halo.
>
> I don’t think you realize how broken this game would be if friendly fire was off. This isn’t COD… it actually requires some form of skill besides point and shoot.

Absolutely. Turning friendly fire off would make CTF a pain in the -Yoink- since players would not only be able to camp to reset the flag, but they could have their teammates horde grenades and other explosives to prevent the opposition from ever picking it up again as well. But regardless of the situation, turning off friendly fire would make Halo so much more frustrating,

>
>

It is better then not having it. Imagine, you and your teammates are playing odd ball. You and your team camp in a room and all of a sudden, one stuck enemy runs into your room and blows your whole team up. Or maybe you play hemmorhage, and need to reach the bomb in the middle. One enemy uses a drop shield, while everybody else spams every single explosive they have into the middle. And then the teammate just runs away. Or in Invasion, you need 20 seconds to pass for your team to win, youo are in the last phase. The enemy has no way to reach the pelican/phantom in time. But then, a Wraith comes and fires at his teammate to give him a super boost and you lose. See how the game could be abused without friendly fire. Now think again of turning it off. :slight_smile:
Also, I agree with OP. I actually never knew that you were allowed only one betrayal per team. I always thought the system was broken… I thought that I was so unlucky that the system always allows them to boot me, but not me to boot them.

Im not sure how this could or would work, im just spitting ideas here… what if every player could only get 1 betrayal for every 5 games? or an hour of gametime or somethin gregular like that? of course those incidents of “my bad i was tossing nades into the scurmish” will occasionally happen, but for those who get pissed off when you take a gun they want or steal their kill who just betray out of anger won’t last. after that one betrayal in your alloted games/time period, the next betrayal will automatically give the betrayee the option to boot their betrayer.

Just an idea… i didnt read everyones posts because i just wouldnt understand alot of them so sorry if im repeating anyone.

The boot system does need a bit of a fixing. I also must add this since we are talking about betrayls. People always pushing you off Spire. Then you get the 1 guy who looks at the radar.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=26017374&player=Rightful Chaos

It should detect whether or not your around enemys and if your not and you betray someone it should give the option to boot. or if the player cracks your shields twice while your not around enemys it should also give the option.

The problem is though you are relying too much on the goodwill of the person you just betrayed (And this IS the Halo community we are talking about…) If i accidently Kill my team-mate as can sure as hell expect to get booted.

OK so taking friendly fire off would be a bad idea. Anyway would it be possible to have a booting system that boots people for suicides? There are those games where you have people doing nothing but killing themselves by jumping of the map, and what not.

> OK so taking friendly fire off would be a bad idea. Anyway would it be possible to have a booting system that boots people for suicides? There are those games where you have people doing nothing but killing themselves by jumping of the map, and what not.

Yeah so if they went suicide 2 or 3 times it would either give the team a chance to boot the player while they were responding (as to not inturpet gameplay) or it would just kick

I still think richochet is a good idea. They can’t annoy people because they end up annoying themselves. You still have to be careful otherwise you kill yourself. Betrayal or suicide, you still lose a kill, so yea…

> > OK so taking friendly fire off would be a bad idea. Anyway would it be possible to have a booting system that boots people for suicides? There are those games where you have people doing nothing but killing themselves by jumping of the map, and what not.
>
> Yeah so if they went suicide 2 or 3 times it would either give the team a chance to boot the player while they were responding (as to not inturpet gameplay) or it would just kick

I could be like the C.o.D booting system once you get 3 betrayals the game automatically boots you. So after 3 suicides the game will boot you.

> You should be allowed one betrayal per game before others get the option to boot you. Not one betrayal for the entire game. It pisses me off when some jerk off on your team kills you on purpose and if you throw a nade at him and he dies he gets to boot you and not the other way around. or if you betrayal was truly an accident and someone has already betrayed someone on your team and everyone gets the option to boot you. Betrayal system in reach is garbage.

How about we just not kill our own teammates on purpose? That seems like the logical solution here.

> > You should be allowed one betrayal per game before others get the option to boot you. Not one betrayal for the entire game. It pisses me off when some jerk off on your team kills you on purpose and if you throw a nade at him and he dies he gets to boot you and not the other way around. or if you betrayal was truly an accident and someone has already betrayed someone on your team and everyone gets the option to boot you. Betrayal system in reach is garbage.
>
> How about we just not kill our own teammates on purpose? That seems like the logical solution here.

Thats not going to happen…

sigh…SARCASM dude.