Once there's a release date, I'm going dark.

I want everything about this game to be a surprise to me. If there’s a beta, I’ll play it, and I’ll watch a couple of ViDocs, but I want it to blow me away.

You and I both :slight_smile:

Of course it’s going to be extremely tempting to sneak a peak at any leaked information in the coming months. If there is any.

I wish I had the willpower to go dark. But I doubt I’ll be able to keep myself away… :frowning:

> I wish I had the willpower to go dark. But I doubt I’ll be able to keep myself away… :frowning:

Ditto! lol

i’m already super excited so i stand no chance of keepin away from any inside info we may discover…

PeacE
ShadEO9

I was going to open a thread like this after the first real announcemnt. All the reveals ruined Reach for me, so I am going completelky dark on campaign after the first story trailer (although I will be waching whatever they show off in E3, I won’t stand the temptation). When Reach came out I knew how the first five missions will play and the rest of the levels had been in trailers. No surprises. Especially with the whole saber sequence. I might not even whach MP stuff if the maps are in the campaign too (like in Reach). I was gonna open a “NO SPOILERS ALLOUD” thread where the people like us can talk about sh*t without the game getting revealed for us. Might as well use thi thread, right?

SPOILER ALERT:The release date is Dec 31 2012

To all who are going dark:

You are better than me :wink:

Theres just too much new things happening for me to go dark. (New trilogy, story, enemy, weapons, ect) But the biggest thing that is stopping me from going dark is that there are new develpoers on this project. I HAVE to see what the new Halos are going to be like. So you can catch me scooping all the (legit) info that I can. [Future Warning] You might not want to read any of my future threads regarding new info, but don’t worry, I will put a spoiler alert at the beginning of the thread for those who want to go dark.

> SPOILER ALERT:The release date is Dec 31 2012

Aww, too bad we’ll all be dead before its out. A couple of grunts will find a Halo, kidnap the American President, go back to the Halo, and activate it on Dec. 21, 2012. To bad…

Back on topic, I tried to go dark for Halo CEA, but failed miserably. By the time I had it a day after its release, I had seen all the Terminals and their locations, and the locations of the skulls on youtube. Im sure Halo 4 is gonna be no different.

I am absolutely not spoiling the game for myself. The ONLY thing I want to spoil is the multiplayer. I need to know whether or not it’s going to be good, but other than that I do not want any other info (campaign etc).

I want it to feel mysterious and new like Halo CE :slight_smile:

If you’re going to go dark, stay AWAY from anything Halo on the Internet. When I was on the Infinity Ward forums before MW3’s released, someone created multiple topics where the title ruined the entire campaign (campaign turned out to be -Yoink- anyway). The same could happen here. It only takes one -Yoink-.

When information starts being released, I’m staying away from these forums and YouTube. I want the campaign for Halo 4 to be a complete surprise. Same goes for Matchmaking, I want to jump into matchmaking and think, what the -Yoink- is all this stuff? How do I use it? etc etc

I tend I stay from going dark do to the fact that I want to know what I’m getting with my money. Plus I really want to know whats going to happen in this game. It’s been to long MC.

That’s a really good idea. It made Halo 3 all the better for me. During the making of the game I had seen only 2 trailers, Starry Night and the Announcement Trailer. I did not join Bungie.net until the following year and would not set foot in it.

When I began Halo 3, I learned how to use items on my own. I found out that I could wield a Gravity Hammer! I explored High Ground and found Maulers for the first time (before I got that far in the Campaign). It was great! It made the game all that much more special. With ODST, I knew more about it but the story wasn’t really told to us by Bungie so the game still felt somewhat the same. Then came Reach.

I read every article and watched every video (sans Spoiler ones) related to Reach before it came out. I participated in the beta and pre-ordered the Legendary Edition of the game because I had confirmation that it came with cool stuff. However, I knew too much about the game and it felt tired as I went through the Campaign. I really felt like I was just doing an assortment of Campaign missions. It was like Halo 3’s level design again with some ODST mixed in. Sure there were some areas that were designed for Reach but it mostly felt like a bit of an expansion. Also, every time I started to like a character, they were killed moments later.

Jorge - Okay, I liked this character for the entire game.

Kat - Hello personality, where have you been all this time. I may even let you gun my 'Hog…DAMN IT! Now you’re dead…

Carter - Oh hey you’re finally acting like a real leader annnnd you’re dead. Pretty explosion Mr. Leader.

Emile - Badass is finally being cool…oh great he’s dead.

Jun - WHERE DID YOU BUGGER OFF TO?! COME PICK ME UP YOU RAT -Yoink-! reads A Fistful of Arrows webcomic Ah. Okay. Now you’re cool and you go get yourself killed. UGH!

I don’t know if I’m reading this wrong but you said you want everything to be a “surprise”, by playing the beta and watching the vid docs you wont be really surprised on the final product. As you have seen all their is to know about the game.

> I don’t know if I’m reading this wrong but you said you want everything to be a “surprise”, by playing the beta and watching the vid docs you wont be really surprised on the final product. As you have seen all their is to know about the game.

I won’t be able to stay away from the Beta, but I want the Beta to surprise me. I’m going to watch the ViDocs after the games release. I will not TOUCH anything campaign related. I want to not know who I’m fighting, who I’m fighting with, where I am, or why it matters. Basically, I want the “HOLY SH*T WHAT THE F-” feeling of first playing CE.