once again i have been banned

this is the second time this has happened to me since yesterday. i’m -Yoinking!- sick and tired of stupid 343 skewing with the matchmaking. yesterday i was banned because to many people were leaving games which made the server go derp i don’t know to halo. and today playing with stupid team mates who kill me because i’m first to get the sniper, and then while 4 people on my team in the last game i just played betrayed me more than 3 times each i did not get the option to boot or forgive them, but low and behold while i’m driving a warthog we get stunned by a plasma pistol and somehow, by the works of god it said i betrayed someone and i was kicked for it…um what!!! since when did getting stunned by a plasma pistol and the other team killing you counts as a betrayal. which upon being booted i was “temporarily banned from “LEAVING” to many games”…ok 343. has this happened to anyone else, or am i the only one

So getting EMP’d probably had you slide into and splatter a teammate = betrayal. Getting booted = leaving. Lagging out, which is what sounds like happened to you yesterday, also = leaving. So too much leaving, for any reason, is a temporary ban. It’s not the most sophisticated or sensitive system, so you’re probably not the only one, but reach only has a few months of life left and I doubt 343 has anybody left who’d care about changing that behavior.

I was booted in the last 15 seconds of a 2 flag CTF match today for betraying a teammate with a plasma grenade that was stuck to an enemy.

Apparently I should be able to control which direction an enemy moves in, and make corrections to any teammates movements that could cause problems with said enemy.

Happens all the time. All we can do is take our wasted 12ish minutes, our 0 credits, and move on.

You can’t just get banned after quitting a single match. It involves a few prior quits in order for the quit ban to kick in. So, it is your fault, not 343’s.

As per the first instance of receiving the ban, it’s not actually 343’s fault. Halo Reach uses peer to peer. If you keep getting kicked out of matches, then it’s either your connection or the connection of the pre-determined host of the game. So, you should probably check out your internet speed and connectiion before entering matches, to make sure your internet doesn’t kick you out of a game.

As per the second instance, something of that kind has happened to me before, and I agree, it is very infuriating. But regardless, gettinng booted counts as a quit, and there’s nothing you can do.

And anyways, each individual quit ban only lasts about 15 minutes. Play some campaign, get something to eat or read a book, and within no time, the ban will have ended and you can get back to playing. :slight_smile:

I’ve accidently killed friendlies before and lagged out, but it’s never banned me temporarily. However, I have seen friends have the same trouble. Bad luck, I guess man.

I don’t know the number, but I do know that it takes several quits/drops at least to get the ban. It takes more than a couple of times to get it, so there’s def something you aren’t telling us. For it to have happened twice in two days? That’s a lot of quits/drops/kicks.

This thread is still active and only a day old, yet you post a new thread about the same thing instead of post in this one? You made the duplicate thread 16 hours ago. So you made the two threads, what, only about eight hours apart? That’s pretty dumb. What made you think that’s ok, or that it would work? Look you’re obviously not being completely honest about how bad your situation is, and no one is buying your story. It doesn’t matter if you quit, disconnected your internet, or got booted. You just need to behave. And stop attacking and otherwise screwing with your teammates so they won’t retaliate. We see through your bs, so stop trying to pull the wool over our eyes. It’s not working. The ONLY way you are going to gain any respect back and stop looking like an idiot is to own up to your lies and apologize. Period.

The betrayal boot system is a horrible mess and totally broken, at least it still works effectively the odd time. If it weren’t there, you’d see a lot more betrayals. And turning off friendly fire ISN’T an option.

The banning system for matchmaking is working as intended. But I do admit, it is pretty stupid but I hope it stays as it prevents too many people from quitting. I hope they come up with a new solution for quitters.

Oh, and also, being booted is technically leaving a game, so that’s why it says “temporarily banned for leaving too many games”.

Hope this helps.

> This thread is still active and only a day old, yet you post a new thread about the same thing instead of post in this one? You made the duplicate thread 16 hours ago. So you made the two threads, what, only about eight hours apart? That’s pretty dumb. What made you think that’s ok, or that it would work? Look you’re obviously not being completely honest about how bad your situation is, and no one is buying your story. It doesn’t matter if you quit, disconnected your internet, or got booted. You just need to behave. And stop attacking and otherwise screwing with your teammates so they won’t retaliate. We see through your bs, so stop trying to pull the wool over our eyes. It’s not working. The ONLY way you are going to gain any respect back and stop looking like an idiot is to own up to your lies and apologize. Period.

He made a duplicate thread FOR the duplicate thread, so there were, at a time, 3 floating around. But it’s pretty much settled. This thread is redundant now :stuck_out_tongue:

The betrayal boot system is bad, everyone can agree on that.

Still, 343 did not implement the quit ban, so getting mad at them won’t help anything. On top of that, the quit ban doesn’t happen just from one or two times of you getting booted from games. It’s happens because of habitual quitting. So stop quitting out of games and you won’t get banned when something like this happens. Last, the ban is only for ten minutes…it probably took you longer to come here and complain about it than it would have to just wait out the ban. Next time go make a sandwich, or go outside for some fresh air.