On To Halo 2! :D

I just finished Halo: CE for the first time! What a great game. I had such an absolute blast playing it. I was reading Halo: The Flood, and getting pretty close to finishing it when I realised that my friend had lent me Halo: CE. I was pretty apprehensive of playing a ten year old game. Stll, I kind of felt like I had to play it before Halo: CEA came out, plus I wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing any important story besides what I’d heard. After the first few levels though, it felt just as fun as any other Halo game. Maybe even more fun, because now I can see what started one of my favourite sci-fi franchises!

I actually quite liked the Library, despite hearing that it wasn’t too good. I much prefer fending off flood in its wide corridors over some of the other levels. They’re all great though! I love that storming the beach feeling at the start of Silent Cartographer. You just want to run up and go head to head with the Covenant straight away! Now I can understand what Dan Ayoub meant when he said “Wasn’t it -blam!-ing awesome the first time you played Halo?”

I’m just about to start my Halo 2 playthrough. I have to admit that I’ve little memory of it (I started playing Halo when H3 came out) aside from playing at friends’ houses. I think I’m going to replay all the games this summer, for both the gameplay and fiction. I can’t wait for Halo: CE even more now, plus Halo: Glasslands!

Hell yeah, glad you enjoyed it. Get ready to be let down by Halo 2. That campaign was a BIG step back from the original. I hope it gets remade PROPER by 343 eventually. They understand it and left the Halo: CE gameplay intact, but if they redid Halo 2, some changes would be essential.

> Hell yeah, glad you enjoyed it. Get ready to be let down by Halo 2. That campaign was a BIG step back from the original. I hope it gets remade PROPER by 343 eventually. They understand it and left the Halo: CE gameplay intact, but if they redid Halo 2, some changes would be essential.

I managed to get halfway through the Metropolis level before the “ghost image” issue I’ve heard of before became unbearable. I don’t know if I’ll finish the campaign, apparently the only thing you can do is reboot the game and hope for the best, or play it on an original Xbox, which I don’t have. I’ll let you know if I thought it was a letdown too, if I get to the end haha.

I respect your opinion, but I hope that 343 don’t remake Halo 2. In my eyes Anniversary should be a one time event. Even if a Halo 2 remake was developed outside of 343 (allowing them to focus on the new Halo trilogy), I don’t want the franchise to waste time trying relive it’s past glories. Halo shouldn’t turn into Hollywood.

> > Hell yeah, glad you enjoyed it. Get ready to be let down by Halo 2. That campaign was a BIG step back from the original. I hope it gets remade PROPER by 343 eventually. They understand it and left the Halo: CE gameplay intact, but if they redid Halo 2, some changes would be essential.
>
> I managed to get halfway through the Metropolis level before the “ghost image” issue I’ve heard of before became unbearable. I don’t know if I’ll finish the campaign, apparently the only thing you can do is reboot the game and hope for the best, or play it on an original Xbox, which I don’t have. I’ll let you know if I thought it was a letdown too, if I get to the end haha.
>
> I respect your opinion, but I hope that 343 don’t remake Halo 2. In my eyes Anniversary should be a one time event. Even if a Halo 2 remake was developed outside of 343 (allowing them to focus on the new Halo trilogy), I don’t want the franchise to waste time trying relive it’s past glories. Halo shouldn’t turn into Hollywood.

I see your point. But I think because it deserves a remake. It had so many problems that could possibly be solved via tech and dev time. It’s not secret that Halo 2 had a troubled development cycle. It has the potential to be an amazing game if a few things were improved, and it still has probably the best story of all the Halo games.

Also, since they killed the MP and it had the best maps, it NEEDS to be brought back from the grave.

Also, regarding the ghosting, just make sure you save and quit so you return to your last checkpoint, it’s not too bad. Or you could try Halo 2 for PC. It’s flawless w/ a controller, and looks better than the original.

Good, now you’ve played the best Halo game.

It was an amazing game. In fact, it was the most played game on Xbox Live until it was discontinued. 5 million sales is a lot, especially for a console that only sold 24 million. Although, I enjoyed Halo: CE more.

> > Hell yeah, glad you enjoyed it. Get ready to be let down by Halo 2. That campaign was a BIG step back from the original. I hope it gets remade PROPER by 343 eventually. They understand it and left the Halo: CE gameplay intact, but if they redid Halo 2, some changes would be essential.
>
> I managed to get halfway through the Metropolis level before the “ghost image” issue I’ve heard of before became unbearable. I don’t know if I’ll finish the campaign, apparently the only thing you can do is reboot the game and hope for the best, or play it on an original Xbox, which I don’t have. I’ll let you know if I thought it was a letdown too, if I get to the end haha.
>
> I respect your opinion, but I hope that 343 don’t remake Halo 2. In my eyes Anniversary should be a one time event. Even if a Halo 2 remake was developed outside of 343 (allowing them to focus on the new Halo trilogy), I don’t want the franchise to waste time trying relive it’s past glories. Halo shouldn’t turn into Hollywood.

I think it’d be really awesome if Halo: CEA contained a port of Halo 2 (not a remake just a port) that works properly on the 360.