On the topic of medals in Halo 5

So the medals always used to mean something to me i used to try and get as many as possible in halo 3 it was super fun.
In Halo 5 (like in Halo 4) I saw there is a medal for a simple “kill” ohh wow you got a kill in a game about kiling well done.

Stuff like that takes all the fun out of playing. Thoughts?

Eh. It doesn’t bother me. I dislike nitpicking about everything. So if they wanna give me a medal about doing something simply, -shrugs- give me a medal. I know what medals are truly important and worthy of pressing that record button.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they brought in a similar tier system to what the MCC has. At least then the game would be acknowledging that some medals are better than others.

> 2533274884832162;1:
> So the medals always used to mean something to me i used to try and get as many as possible in halo 3 it was super fun.
> In Halo 5 (like in Halo 4) I saw there is a medal for a simple “kill” ohh wow you got a kill in a game about kiling well done.
>
> Stuff like that takes all the fun out of playing. Thoughts?

While it would be nice to trim down the medals, but I think the reason so many medals exist for simple things and generic kills are to help the more-inexperienced players feel a bit bitter about themselves. It’s gotta be painful enough to finish a match with only three or four kills or something, but to not even have those few kills acknowledged outside of a number has got to sting somewhat. The simple graphic of a medal makes it feel slightly more rewarding.

I find it about as stupid as introducing medals for assisting. That’s not a feat worthy of getting a medal for.

Honestly I don’t really care about there being a lot of medals. It doesn’t really clutter up the screen anymore than the kill/point notifications in other shooters.

I only care about the constant announcements of said medals. Medal announcements should be limited to multi-kills, killings sprees, and successful objectives(flags captured, significant objective time in hill/oddball, etc).

> 2533274819446242;6:
> Honestly I don’t really care about there being a lot of medals. It doesn’t really clutter up the screen anymore than the kill/point notifications in other shooters.
>
> I only care about the constant announcements of said medals. Medal announcements should be limited to multi-kills, killings sprees, and successful objectives(flags captured, significant objective time in hill/oddball, etc).

This more than anything. It may be minor, but it’s a distraction precious few people actually want.