On the topic of Emblems.

Welp as the technical preview has shown as well as the numerous promotions had teased, it looks like we are getting preset emblems again, as well as this time we can put them on our armor (I think) but we no longer get to customize our emblems like we once did. Now this is a little upsetting to me as I like to have my Yin Yang symbol with the buzz saw background, as my emblem of choice but without customization, I can no longer have that emblem. Now I know given the free to play that this was an inevitability, however my hope ( and a compromise) is that 343 could make as system similar to the armor coatings system where we can get multiple of the same emblems with both different backgrounds and color combinations ( or they could link your emblem to the armor coatings, giving them their own coatings like the weapons and vehicles) that way we can still have that unique emblem presented on our armor and 343 can still monetize the emblems. Also hope the nameplates over time will become more like MCC’s where the nameplate is some unique design and not just an extension of our emblem.

> 2535436352478403;1:
> Welp as the technical preview has shown as well as the numerous promotions had teased, it looks like we are getting preset emblems again, as well as this time we can put them on our armor (I think) but we no longer get to customize our emblems like we once did. Now this is a little upsetting to me as I like to have my Yin Yang symbol with the buzz saw background, as my emblem of choice but without customization, I can no longer have that emblem. Now I know given the free to play that this was an inevitability, however my hope ( and a compromise) is that 343 could make as system similar to the armor coatings system where we can get multiple of the same emblems with both different backgrounds and color combinations ( or they could link your emblem to the armor coatings, giving them their own coatings like the weapons and vehicles) that way we can still have that unique emblem presented on our armor and 343 can still monetize the emblems. Also hope the nameplates over time will become more like MCC’s where the nameplate is some unique design and not just an extension of our emblem.

I agree. I also hope that because it was just a technical preview and the emblems were just part of the Waypoint app beta that we only got to see a snippet of it. it wouldn’t make much sense to get rid of custom emblems, or make use of MCC’s amazing nameplate system. We’ll just have to see how it goes but for now make it known that we’d rather have custom emblems or be able to apply your armor coating colors to your emblem

This ssssucks so bad. I dont understand how 343 can say. You have more options to customize your spartan and express your individuality…but at the same time take away ability to customize to your emblem that you’ve had for years? 🤦 i mean really!?! How could they not know so many halo fans would not be ok with this preset crap. How am i going to have my celtic cross for my emblem now?

> 2533274818433952;3:
> This ssssucks so bad. I dont understand how 343 can say. You have more options to customize your spartan and express your individuality…but at the same time take away ability to customize to your emblem that you’ve had for years? 🤦 i mean really!?! How could they not know so many halo fans would not be ok with this preset crap. How am i going to have my celtic cross for my emblem now?

I feel you, I really do, but this is the unfortunate side effect of free to play games. The "Emblems’’ and "Colors’’ are not as important as the armor, weapons and vehicles are. So they in 343’s eyes can be sacrificed to the battle pass loot. My topic is to try to push for at least a compromise, so we can still get some level of customization to the emblems that still lets them be a part of the battle pass system.

> 2535436352478403;1:
> Welp as the technical preview has shown as well as the numerous promotions had teased, it looks like we are getting preset emblems again, as well as this time we can put them on our armor (I think) but we no longer get to customize our emblems like we once did. Now this is a little upsetting to me as I like to have my Yin Yang symbol with the buzz saw background, as my emblem of choice but without customization, I can no longer have that emblem. Now I know given the free to play that this was an inevitability, however my hope ( and a compromise) is that 343 could make as system similar to the armor coatings system where we can get multiple of the same emblems with both different backgrounds and color combinations ( or they could link your emblem to the armor coatings, giving them their own coatings like the weapons and vehicles) that way we can still have that unique emblem presented on our armor and 343 can still monetize the emblems. Also hope the nameplates over time will become more like MCC’s where the nameplate is some unique design and not just an extension of our emblem.

Same. So dumb. I’ve rocked the smiley face with the head being a buzzsaw since 04.