On that Gold Pack grind

Admittedly I stopped playing for a few months at some point since Halo 5’s release, but I’m back in the game and working hard to unlock all Legendary items before my inevitable death. Nearly every day I make a point to earn 20,000 RP (and on rare occasions 30,000) so I can get 4 new permanent Ultra Rare or Legendary unlocks each day that I play by purchasing 2 Gold Packs.

Below is the progress I still have to make to finish off all my unlockables:

9 Silver Packs (at 5,000 RP each)
106 Gold Packs (at 10,000 RP each)

This means I have to earn a bit over one million RP still (1,105,000 RP), and if I continue to earn 20,000 RP each day I’ll be finished unlocking things in about 56 days.

I’ve unlocked some really cool things along the way; some of my personal favorites include the GUNGNIR Dvalin helmet, the Lawn Dart assassination, and the Noble Team assault rifle skin (nostalgia from my first Halo) just to name a few. I’m still looking forward to some even cooler unlocks; such as any of the magnum variants for my loadout, or a Phaeton, since even though I’m SR134 I’ve never used a Phaeton in multiplayer. I’m having a lot of fun with the grind though, and every step towards completing my collection of unlockables is exciting and satisfying. Thanks for making a game that I keep coming back to, and one that I actually feel is worth the grind.

Are any of you as much as a perfectionist as me and know about how many more packs you need to finish off your collection? I feel like I’m further along than most people, but I’m not sure. What are some of the most gratifying things you’ve unlocked since Halo 5’s release?

I just want the new pistols. I play a lot of Warframe when I’m not playing Halo so I know all about RNG.

Kudos to you for doing the math. I try to go for 20K a day myself.

> 2533274912984822;2:
> I just want the new pistols. I play a lot of Warframe when I’m not playing Halo so I know all about RNG.
>
> Kudos to you for doing the math. I try to go for 20K a day myself.

Thanks, and yeah I used to play Warframe a lot too. I even put money into it to buy that Rhino character. But I haven’t played in a longgg time.

Im like 3 days away from completing my gold grind.

I have left:

• 9 helmets (not including Helioskrill & Achilles)
  • 7 armors (not including Helioskrill & Achilles)
  • 2 weapons

9 mo’ packs!!

> 2533275013544907;4:
> Im like 3 days away from completing my gold grind.

Wow I’m jealous! How did you manage to unlock so many things and still only be about the same rank as me?

> 2533274990620516;5:
> > 2533275013544907;4:
> > Im like 3 days away from completing my gold grind.
>
>
> Wow I’m jealous! How did you manage to unlock so many things and still only be about the same rank as me?

I surprisingly didn’t waste much money get here.

I switched over to WZ only around lvl 50 to maximize REQ points per game.
I sell everything I don’t want. (No commons, very few uncommons, and even some rares don’t make it into my armory.)
I use my REQ boosts & jackpots accordingly. (wait until the countdown to activate it, so you know you’re not wasting it)
I’ve probably spent about $50-60 over the course of 7-8 months on single gold packs whenever I have leftover change in my Paypal.

> 2533274990620516;5:
> > 2533275013544907;4:
> > Im like 3 days away from completing my gold grind.
>
>
> Wow I’m jealous! How did you manage to unlock so many things and still only be about the same rank as me?

I’m only rank 112 and I have 38 gold packs to go. Doing only WZ like the other guy said is the fastest way.

> 2533274803952478;7:
> > 2533274990620516;5:
> > > 2533275013544907;4:
> > > Im like 3 days away from completing my gold grind.
> >
> >
> > Wow I’m jealous! How did you manage to unlock so many things and still only be about the same rank as me?
>
>
> I’m only rank 112 and I have 38 gold packs to go. Doing only WZ like the other guy said is the fastest way.

I’ve been looking into it and I think the reason why I’m so far behind is because I was basically only buying Gold Packs from the start, so early on the Gold Packs were only giving me Uncommon and Rare items. So I should’ve been buying Silver Packs until I had all those lesser items unlocked to save RP and time.

And I agree Warzone is the way to go, I only play Arena if I have boosts for it, and to get ranked for the month.