On Armor Coatings - Let's Face It

Selecting multiple armor colors was the norm with Halo 2.

In 2004.

Let’s face it. 343/Microsoft already knows what makes the player base happy. They already know what the player base wants.

At the end of the day, they are a business. I get it. They want more people jumping into the franchise, buying Xboxes, buying live, buying Gamepass. Making Halo F2P more than likely steers gamers towards this end. Some eggheads have done the math and concluded this model has a higher probability for profit. I get it.

What I don’t get is the farce of locking basic color customization behind a paywall. Something, again, that has basically been around since the beginning of the franchise.

You want to lock unique/over the top skins and armor behind a grindy battle pass or store? Whatever. Fine.

But here we are. It’s 2021, and I can’t make my spartan pink and blue.

P.S. If anyone out there at 343 or MSFT sees this and has a halfway decent excuse for this, we would hate to hear it.

2 Likes

I think you’re just jealous because you missed the opportunity to pay $8 for blue I think it was Friday sucks for you. Lol it is absolutely ridiculous and they made the conscious decision to go down this road Knowing damn well what the result was going to be. I’m with the theory that they did this on purpose giving us the absolute worse so they can throttle it back and see how far they can go.

3 Likes

I just want white primary cobalt secondary, that isnt even listed as planned post launch content yet. I need to wait till AT LEAST season 3

1 Like

How dare you! lol

I would not be surprised at all if that is a contingency in their F2P model.

No matter what changes they make, anything less than 2-tone customization is a scam.

White and cobalt is not too much to ask for. Its maddening

…I sure do love being restricted to using curated colour-schemes as oppose to freely choosing my Spartan’s colour combination.

1 Like