OMG! The Announcer is SO annoying!!

I genuinely don’t know how long I can take this. And I haven’t even played the game yet and I’m annoyed by it! Skip to 3:23. He just goes on and on… and ON! Is half of what he says even really worth it?

Am I the only one who dislikes this?

Were he says “Good Kill” i could do without. But i think it was one of those moments were a lot was going on. Dont think he talks that much all the time lol.

No, I tend to agree. Some announcements can be dropped. I mean to actually say “Overshield!” when picked up seems a bit over the top. Hopefully they cut the fat after a few more playtests.

I like it. I think it’s funny. I’m definitely expecting to hear little kids screaming in game chat about the announcer announcing pretty much everything you do.

Announcer:
ON [OFF]

I’ve never noticed him in any videos I’ve watched unless I give it my attention.

Don’t see the fuss to be honest.

You kind of tune him out pretty easily to be honest.

Yeah the announcements in Halo 4 are overkill (lots of pun intended). I really hope they have enough audio options to either turn the announcements off.

Doesn’t bother me.

> You kind of tune him out pretty easily to be honest.

That’s cause two guys are talking over him. Of course it’s easy to tune him out.

> > You kind of tune him out pretty easily to be honest.
>
> That’s cause two guys are talking over him. Of course it’s easy to tone him out.

Once you get the game yourself you won’t notice him, you’ll be too busy playing the game.

I actually really like the announcer in this game, sounds badass.

> > You kind of tune him out pretty easily to be honest.
>
> That’s cause two guys are talking over him. Of course it’s easy to tone him out.

Except I wasn’t referencing your video - I was referencing my own experience playing Halo 4 with the announcer. It’s still pretty easy to tune him out.

> > > You kind of tune him out pretty easily to be honest.
> >
> > That’s cause two guys are talking over him. Of course it’s easy to tone him out.
>
> Except I wasn’t referencing your video - I was referencing my own experience playing Halo 4 with the announcer. It’s still pretty easy to tune him out.

Was it at E3 or PAX? Because there is a lot of noise going on at big events like that. I know I keep making excuses, but when you are playing Halo 4 alone in your room, after a while I could see this becoming a problem.

> > > > You kind of tune him out pretty easily to be honest.
> > >
> > > That’s cause two guys are talking over him. Of course it’s easy to tone him out.
> >
> > Except I wasn’t referencing your video - I was referencing my own experience playing Halo 4 with the announcer. It’s still pretty easy to tune him out.
>
> Was it at E3 or PAX? Because there is a lot of noise going on at big events like that. I know I keep making excuses, but when you are playing Halo 4 alone in your room, after a while I could see this becoming a problem.

PAX. And we had headsets that blocked out most of the external sound.

> > > > > You kind of tune him out pretty easily to be honest.
> > > >
> > > > That’s cause two guys are talking over him. Of course it’s easy to tone him out.
> > >
> > > Except I wasn’t referencing your video - I was referencing my own experience playing Halo 4 with the announcer. It’s still pretty easy to tune him out.
> >
> > Was it at E3 or PAX? Because there is a lot of noise going on at big events like that. I know I keep making excuses, but when you are playing Halo 4 alone in your room, after a while I could see this becoming a problem.
>
> PAX. And we had headsets that blocked out most of the external sound.

Defeat. Alright, you win. But I still find it annoying.

Lol, and you’re allowed to. I was just giving my experience. :slight_smile:

They need an option, like:

Announcer: On - Minimal - Off

On: Says everything we’ve seen so far
Minimal: Only key actions and medals (multi-kills, flag taken/flag stolen, etc.).
Off: I would be deeply appreciative if you would refrain from speaking.

> Lol, and you’re allowed to. I was just giving my experience. :slight_smile:

But how much different can it be of playing the game and watching a video of somebody playing the game?

> > Lol, and you’re allowed to. I was just giving my experience. :slight_smile:
>
> But how much different can it be of playing the game and watching a video of somebody playing the game?

Well when you’re just watching, you’re focusing on small things but when you’re in the game, I found myself focusing on things like, “Oh hey! I should go kill that guy!” or “Oooooh shiny gun, what does it do?!” and stuff like that. You’re more immersed in it and have other things to focus on rather than just watching a game and going, “Why did you do THAT?!” or “Man, that guy’s annoying.” and stuff.

But that’s just my perspective. :slight_smile: