OMFG TEAMS OF 4!

Alright, just to clarify, I’m going to turn caps lock on just to show how angry I am, bet that’s never been done.

I AM SICK AND FREAKING TIRED OF THIS MATCHMAKING SYSTEM!!! I understand MLG has a small community now a day’s but I’m sure the only 8 people playing MLG is one team of 4, 3 randoms with no mics, and me… NOT JUST MLG EITHER, SWAT TOO!

THIS IS GETTING -YOINKING- RIDICULOUS!!! JUST BECAUSE I HAVE A HIGH K/D RATION DOES NOT MEAN PUT ME UP AGAINST A TEAM OF 4 AND GIVE ME 3 RANDOMS! I WAS JUST IN A GAME WHERE EVERY TEAMMATE I HAD, HAD 1 KILL!!! I’M SICK OF HAVING TO BE FORCED TO CARRY RANDOMS WITH NO MICS AGAINST FULL TEAMS.

If the Double Team playlist can match randoms up with randoms and teams against teams every time, put this is EVERY playlist, I don’t care if that means I have to wait 30 minutes just for a game, at least it will be fair.

Just find a good group of people to play with.

That’s just it, I do have people to play with, and when WE play together we only get randoms too… I hardly ever see 4v4…

i know where you are coming from op, when i was playing reach seriously (lol) i was constantly matched against full teams.

Red Team

You - 23
Random 1 - 7
Random 2 - 8
Random 3 - 1

Blue Team

Clan Member 1 - 12
Clan Member 2 - 14
Clan Member 3 - 14
Clan Member 4 - 10

Familiar?

That’s how you win consistently. Party up in a full team. Nothing wrong with that if you want to get some kind of enjoyment out of in Reach without hanging you’re self.

Blame the incredibly lax/non existent false skill system (there is nothing “true” about it) for matching you up against such teams/bad teammates. This is what really hurts game as matches tend to be either too easier or too hard. In your case OP, you were the victim of the latter.

Blame MLG. They declined party restrictions i hear.

Blame the matchmaking system. It refuses to put you with players of even remotely even skill. I refuse to search this game alone anymore because I know the moment I do I’ll match a team.

No matter the playlists I always play with a full party/Team

anything else is suicide

Swat it hasn’t been too bad. Only a few times have I ever been in a game against a full party of four. Swat thankfully is one of those gametypes that you just need a quick trigger finger for though and usually we end up beating teams. Got into a game earlier today with a party of three though. Ended up on their team and they failed badly in kills and literally just fell on the floor and died. Worst part was before the match started. A person on the opposite team literally said. “Awww man a party of 3? So not cool!”

> That’s how you win consistently. Party up in a full team. Nothing wrong with that if you want to get some kind of enjoyment out of in Reach without hanging you’re self.

Partying up with good players in Reach is a double edged sword because since there is no real incentive to stay randoms you encounter will quit out in droves if they see a stacked team.

> Alright, just to clarify, I’m going to turn caps lock on just to show how angry I am, bet that’s never been done.
>
> I AM SICK AND FREAKING TIRED OF THIS MATCHMAKING SYSTEM!!! I understand MLG has a small community now a day’s but I’m sure the only 8 people playing MLG is one team of 4, 3 randoms with no mics, and me… NOT JUST MLG EITHER, SWAT TOO!
>
> THIS IS GETTING -YOINKING- RIDICULOUS!!! JUST BECAUSE I HAVE A HIGH K/D RATION DOES NOT MEAN PUT ME UP AGAINST A TEAM OF 4 AND GIVE ME 3 RANDOMS! I WAS JUST IN A GAME WHERE EVERY TEAMMATE I HAD, HAD 1 KILL!!! I’M SICK OF HAVING TO BE FORCED TO CARRY RANDOMS WITH NO MICS AGAINST FULL TEAMS.
>
> If the Double Team playlist can match randoms up with randoms and teams against teams every time, put this is EVERY playlist, I don’t care if that means I have to wait 30 minutes just for a game, at least it will be fair.

Personally, I stay as far away from the MLG Playlist as possible, Pre-Pros patrol and patronise players perfectly in that playlist, unless I’m with a full team of my guys I’ll try to avoid Super Slayer and Team Objective too for the same reason.

SWAT is okay really, I’ll go in with a friend or two, occasionally as a four, but what I should stress is that the system doesn’t pair you with players due to K/D, it’s all about your W/L and W/L alone, but it doesn’t work too well on Reach, so it’ll often ignore W/L completely and throw you against Pre-Pro’s anyway.

But still, in SWAT I’m carrying my team mates more often than not and the system tries to match me based on my prior W/L, which is great because I get to beat up on low level players all day long. :3

> Red Team
>
> You - 23
> Random 1 - 7
> Random 2 - 8
> Random 3 - 1
>
> Blue Team
>
> Clan Member 1 - 12
> Clan Member 2 - 14
> Clan Member 3 - 14
> Clan Member 4 - 10
>
>
>
> Familiar?

Nope.

For me it’s

Friend 1 - 12
Friend 2 - 10
Friend 3 - 15
Me - 13

Clan randy 1 - 0
Clan randy 2 - 0
Clan randy 3 - 0
Clan randy 4 - 0

I think the reason you’re matching teams all the time is a fault of Trueskill. As you imply, you’re a good player so you’re true-skill is higher.

Players in parties also have high trueskill, even if they’re not good players because they communicate with each other (and Halo is a team game) so they win more games.

Normally Reach attempts to divide the bad players and good players into separate teams, but due to parties, they all get on one team and you get stuck with the bad kids.

Unfortunately the only ways to fix this is to…

a: Add party restrictions, which can slow search times in less populated playlists and can be bypassed (See Arena and 2’s Trick). Still worth it in popular playlists.

b: Split parties evenly between teams (Which can lead to boosting and less player enjoyment). Not worth it.

EDIT:

> Alright, just to clarify, I’m going to turn caps lock on just to show how angry I am, bet that’s never been done.

No, it’s been done many times to our “pleasure”.