Omega Team survived.

From Halo wars,we know that Omega team participated in several battles,but their fate remained unknown.
Until now,the latest CU showed us they are alive,but is this canon?
And what do you think about their survival?

> 2535408730995228;1:
> From Halo wars,we know that Omega team participated in several battles,but their fate remained unknown.
> Until now,the latest CU showed us they are alive,but is this canon?
> And what do you think about their survival?

Not too happy. Blue team, red team, omega, grey team and a whole host of spartan 3s are banging about on top of the seemingly infinite 4s and naomi is out there so os maria presumably. I prob forgot a couple 2. Black team got an off screen death so who knows how long omega team have left maybe they play a part in awaken the nightmare? All in all I feel like there are too many spartans left in action and instead of exploring one or two teams well 343i are giving use snipets of one and then reviving another kinda kills the allure. In saying that i love the designs and would be happy to get a story of their exploits since wars but it is prob for the best this remains non canon unless they meet a worthy demise on the ark at the hands (tenticals?) Of the flood or even atriox. If he killed a few spartan 2s it would make his fight with jerome more satisfying. How do you feel about it OP? Seeing as you asked first.

> 2535411919953126;2:
> > 2535408730995228;1:
> >
>
> Not too happy. Blue team, red team, omega, grey team and a whole host of spartan 3s are banging about on top of the seemingly infinite 4s and naomi is out there so os maria presumably. I prob forgot a couple 2. Black team got an off screen death so who knows how long omega team have left maybe they play a part in awaken the nightmare? All in all I feel like there are too many spartans left in action and instead of exploring one or two teams well 343i are giving use snipets of one and then reviving another kinda kills the allure. In saying that i love the designs and would be happy to get a story of their exploits since wars but it is prob for the best this remains non canon unless they meet a worthy demise on the ark at the hands (tenticals?) Of the flood or even atriox. If he killed a few spartan 2s it would make his fight with jerome more satisfying. How do you feel about it OP? Seeing as you asked first.

I always belived they are spartans from other teams and only formed Omega Team during the battle of Arcadia and after the Spirit of Fires departure,they got reassigned to their original team.

> 2535408730995228;3:
> > 2535411919953126;2:
> > > 2535408730995228;1:
> > >
> >
> > Not too happy. Blue team, red team, omega, grey team and a whole host of spartan 3s are banging about on top of the seemingly infinite 4s and naomi is out there so os maria presumably. I prob forgot a couple 2. Black team got an off screen death so who knows how long omega team have left maybe they play a part in awaken the nightmare? All in all I feel like there are too many spartans left in action and instead of exploring one or two teams well 343i are giving use snipets of one and then reviving another kinda kills the allure. In saying that i love the designs and would be happy to get a story of their exploits since wars but it is prob for the best this remains non canon unless they meet a worthy demise on the ark at the hands (tenticals?) Of the flood or even atriox. If he killed a few spartan 2s it would make his fight with jerome more satisfying. How do you feel about it OP? Seeing as you asked first.
>
> I always belived they are spartans from other teams and only formed Omega Team during the battle of Arcadia and after the Spirit of Fires departure,they got reassigned to their original team.

Really cool theory. I think that ill take that as canon

This is not right, this is lore breaking, those names shouldn’t exist. We now have 3 new Spartan II’s not being accounted for which bumps the surviving Spartans too much.

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/SPARTAN-II_Program

Complete Spartan List

And what’s with the type -58 directed energy support weapon otherwise known as the Halo 5 plasma turret. That thing was Covenant Remnant technology and shouldn’t had existed at that time.
343 needs to address these lore plot holes.

No I don’t think they’re alive. It’s just like Johnson.Still giving us new names for Spartan 2 probably -Yoinks!- S2 numbers up even more. I hope 343 clears up spartan 2 numbers as soon as possible.

> 2533274967369999;5:
> This is not right, this is lore breaking, those names shouldn’t exist. We now have 3 new Spartan II’s not being accounted for which bumps the surviving Spartans too much.
>
> http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/SPARTAN-II_ProgramComplete Spartan ListAnd what’s with the type -58 directed energy support weapon otherwise known as the Halo 5 plasma turret. That thing was Covenant Remnant technology and shouldn’t had existed at that time.
> 343 needs to address these lore plot holes.

The 58 is old tech. Storm tech is mostly older salvaged equipment so it can certainly exist at “that” time. Although i dont know when that is? Present or past? Either way its existence doesnt damage lore.

Keep in mind the Omega in Halo Wars consisted of about 6 Spartans, meaning that as of this new update we know at least half of them survived. The status of the other 3 remains to be seen.

> 2535405116054664;8:
> Keep in mind the Omega in Halo Wars consisted of about 6 Spartans, meaning that as of this new update we know at least half of them survived. The status of the other 3 remains to be seen.

Theres the theory,that members of Blue team,got sent to Omega team during the mission on Arcadia,but nothing proofable has ever been found.

Don’t like it really,if they were on reach during its fall how did they survive

Really people? Really?

> 2533274967369999;5:
> And what’s with the type -58 directed energy support weapon otherwise known as the Halo 5 plasma turret. That thing was Covenant Remnant technology and shouldn’t had existed at that time.

1. It’s concept art. That doesn’t necessarily represent the final product.
  2. The multiplayer for Halo Wars 2 is non-canon.
  3. The Type-58 DESW could have been produced at any time between 2553 and 2558. The number only indicates that the UNSC didn’t catalog the Type-58 until 2558. And what does it being remnant materiel have to do with anything? As far as we know, Omega survived the Human-Covenant War. Robert-025 could have acquired the turret at any point during the Blooding Years.

As for the Spartan-II numbers, remember, officially, 30 of the candidates died as a result of failed augmentations. However, it is known that a handful of those candidates were rehabilitated. It’s still possible that the members of Omega, like those of Black and Red Teams, were rehabilitated and able to serve.

We got 45 that are alive after augmentations. Sam and Jorge are killed. Maria is retired. Got 42 that are alive/active.
11 from Red-Beta team are likely killed at Reach. Anton, Li, Grace, Will, Vinh, Joshua, and Isaac are dead/ likely dead. 3 from Red-Delta likely dead. James is MIA. Got 20.
Black team killed, Kurt killed. Nicole is considered canon and technically MIA. 14
Blue(4), Red(3), Grey(3), and Naomi are active so it’s 11. Add the 3 omega Spartans we got(assuming the other 3 were on Reach) and it’s 14.

That implies that all washouts were rehabilitated. There were 12 in the lore.

> 2533274924338475;13:
> We got 45 that are alive after augmentations. Sam and Jorge are killed. Maria is retired. Got 42 that are alive/active.
> 11 from Red-Beta team are likely killed at Reach. Anton, Li, Grace, Will, Vinh, Joshua, and Isaac are dead/ likely dead. 3 from Red-Delta likely dead. James is MIA. Got 20.
> Black team killed, Kurt killed. Nicole is considered canon and technically MIA. 14
> Blue(4), Red(3), Grey(3), and Naomi are active so it’s 11. Add the 3 omega Spartans we got(assuming the other 3 were on Reach) and it’s 14.
>
> That implies that all washouts were rehabilitated. There were 12 in the lore.

You forget about musa,fhajad,and cassandra

> 2533274924338475;13:
> We got 45 that are alive after augmentations. Sam and Jorge are killed. Maria is retired. Got 42 that are alive/active.
> 11 from Red-Beta team are likely killed at Reach. Anton, Li, Grace, Will, Vinh, Joshua, and Isaac are dead/ likely dead. 3 from Red-Delta likely dead. James is MIA. Got 20.
> Black team killed, Kurt killed. Nicole is considered canon and technically MIA. 14
> Blue(4), Red(3), Grey(3), and Naomi are active so it’s 11. Add the 3 omega Spartans we got(assuming the other 3 were on Reach) and it’s 14.
>
> That implies that all washouts were rehabilitated. There were 12 in the lore.

You are quite mistaken there young Padawan.
Many, many people forget or are ignorant of the fact that the 30 candidates who died during the augmentations aren’t permanently gone. Their bodies were kept on ice by ONI in case they could be resuscitated and put back into service. Black Team and Serin Osman are but a couple of examples. This means 343i literally has 25 Spartan Twos to pull out of their metaphorical -Yoinks!- whenever they feel like it.

You ready for some number crunching? Cos I am.
33 candidates survived augmentations, of which:

-The following ELEVEN Spartan-IIs were either killed or went missing before The Battle of Reach:
Daisy-023 - Confirmed KIA on Harvest
Samuel-034 - Confirmed KIA aboard the Unrelenting near Chi Ceti IV
Randall-037 - MIA (assumed KIA) during Battle of Vodin
Kurt-051 - Kidnapped by ONI to train S-IIIs (assumed KIA)
Sheila-065 - Confirmed KIA during the Battle of Miridem
Solomon-069 - Confirmed KIA during a mission to rescue Dr. Halsey
Arthur-079 - Confirmed KIA during a mission to rescue Dr. Halsey
Keiichi-047/Joseph-122 - Unidentified S-II confirmed KIA on Harvest is either one, never stated which in canon
Oscar-129 - Committed suicide after meeting flash clone
Unidentified Trainee - Committed suicide after meeting flash clone
Cal-141 - Confirmed KIA during an assassination operation on Heian

-The following FIVE Spartan-IIs were active but unavailable for Operation RED FLAG:
Jai-006 - Part of Grey Team
Jorge-052 - Part of Noble Team
Maria-062 - Retired active duty and assigned to UNSC reserves
Adiana-111 - Part of Grey Team
Mike-120 - Part of Grey Team

12 candidates were crippled by the augmentations, of whom 10 are known:
Kirk-018 - Discharged. Possibly rehabilitated, for which Halsey had expressed hope
Douglas-042 - Rehabilitated and currently part of Red Team
Soren-066 - Discharged due to failures in augmentation process in 2527 Listed as missing in action on Reach after defecting to the insurrectionists. Presumed killed before or during the Fall of Reach
Cassandra-075 - Discharged due to failures in the augmentation procedures in 2525. Residing on the M25L Recovery Station as of October 2552
René-081 - Discharged after “washing out”. Possibly rehabilitated, for which Halsey expressed hope in her journal
Fhajad-084 - Discharged and reassigned to ONI. Suffered uncontrollable muscle spasms due to failures in augmentation. Current status unknown; possibly rehabilitated, for which Halsey had expressed hope
Jerome-092 - Rehabilitated and currently part of Red Team
Musa-096 - Forced into a wheelchair for the rest of his life due to the augmentation procedures. Later became a commander and the head of the SPARTAN-IV program
Ralph-103 - Failed to adapt fully to augmentations; discharged due to experiencing irreparable psychological trauma after escaping the program in 2525. Later joined the UNSC Marine Corps. Killed in action during the Harvest campaign in early 2531
Alice-130 - Rehabilitated and currently part of Red Team

That leaves just 17 Spartan-IIs (who survived augmentations) available for RED FLAG. Based on what I read in FoR, there seemed to be way more than 17 during the pre-mission briefings and the planet-side defence of the Super MAC generators.
Only logical conclusion I can come to: A whole lot of the aforementioned 30 “dead” augmentation casualties were brought in to make up the numbers, along with perhaps a number of rehabilitated washouts (sans Red Team of course).

As for the post-war numbers, no point counting now. We just have to wait and see how many new Spartan-IIs 343i pull out of their hat in the coming years.

> 2533274967369999;5:
> This is not right, this is lore breaking, those names shouldn’t exist. We now have 3 new Spartan II’s not being accounted for which bumps the surviving Spartans too much.
>
> http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/SPARTAN-II_ProgramComplete Spartan ListAnd what’s with the type -58 directed energy support weapon otherwise known as the Halo 5 plasma turret. That thing was Covenant Remnant technology and shouldn’t had existed at that time.

Their equipment in the DLC is multiplayer-only. Multiplayer is not canon.
And if there ARE members of Omega Team still alive Post-War, why should Remnant tech not have existed? You know HW2 takes place AFTER the War, right?
IIRC about Halo Wars, Omega Team was made of more than 3 members in 2531. I am fine with 3 of them having survived the war and kicking around the galaxy doing secret ops and whatnot if some of them have indeed died.

I’m okay with seeing new faces as long as they don’t pull dozens of II’s out of thin air. It’s just nice to have some story behind them, where they’ve been what they’ve been doing. Not just plop them on the table like they came out of a Spartan IV cake machine.

> 2533274849782428;15:
> > 2533274924338475;13:
> > We got 45 that are alive after augmentations. Sam and Jorge are killed. Maria is retired. Got 42 that are alive/active.
> > 11 from Red-Beta team are likely killed at Reach. Anton, Li, Grace, Will, Vinh, Joshua, and Isaac are dead/ likely dead. 3 from Red-Delta likely dead. James is MIA. Got 20.
> > Black team killed, Kurt killed. Nicole is considered canon and technically MIA. 14
> > Blue(4), Red(3), Grey(3), and Naomi are active so it’s 11. Add the 3 omega Spartans we got(assuming the other 3 were on Reach) and it’s 14.
> >
> > That implies that all washouts were rehabilitated. There were 12 in the lore.
>
> You are quite mistaken there young Padawan.
> Many, many people forget or are ignorant of the fact that the 30 candidates who died during the augmentations aren’t permanently gone. Their bodies were kept on ice by ONI in case they could be resuscitated and put back into service. Black Team and Serin Osman are but a couple of examples. This means 343i literally has 25 Spartan Twos to pull out of their metaphorical -Yoinks!- whenever they feel like it.
>
> You ready for some number crunching? Cos I am.
> 33 candidates survived augmentations, of which:
>
> -The following ELEVEN Spartan-IIs were either killed or went missing before The Battle of Reach:
> Daisy-023 - Confirmed KIA on Harvest
> Samuel-034 - Confirmed KIA aboard the Unrelenting near Chi Ceti IV
> Randall-037 - MIA (assumed KIA) during Battle of Vodin
> Kurt-051 - Kidnapped by ONI to train S-IIIs (assumed KIA)
> Sheila-065 - Confirmed KIA during the Battle of Miridem
> Solomon-069 - Confirmed KIA during a mission to rescue Dr. Halsey
> Arthur-079 - Confirmed KIA during a mission to rescue Dr. Halsey
> Keiichi-047/Joseph-122 - Unidentified S-II confirmed KIA on Harvest is either one, never stated which in canon
> Oscar-129 - Committed suicide after meeting flash clone
> Unidentified Trainee - Committed suicide after meeting flash clone
> Cal-141 - Confirmed KIA during an assassination operation on Heian
>
> -The following FIVE Spartan-IIs were active but unavailable for Operation RED FLAG:
> Jai-006 - Part of Grey Team
> Jorge-052 - Part of Noble Team
> Maria-062 - Retired active duty and assigned to UNSC reserves
> Adiana-111 - Part of Grey Team
> Mike-120 - Part of Grey Team
>
> 12 candidates were crippled by the augmentations, of whom 10 are known:
> Kirk-018 - Discharged. Possibly rehabilitated, for which Halsey had expressed hope
> Douglas-042 - Rehabilitated and currently part of Red Team
> Soren-066 - Discharged due to failures in augmentation process in 2527 Listed as missing in action on Reach after defecting to the insurrectionists. Presumed killed before or during the Fall of Reach
> Cassandra-075 - Discharged due to failures in the augmentation procedures in 2525. Residing on the M25L Recovery Station as of October 2552
> René-081 - Discharged after “washing out”. Possibly rehabilitated, for which Halsey expressed hope in her journal
> Fhajad-084 - Discharged and reassigned to ONI. Suffered uncontrollable muscle spasms due to failures in augmentation. Current status unknown; possibly rehabilitated, for which Halsey had expressed hope
> Jerome-092 - Rehabilitated and currently part of Red Team
> Musa-096 - Forced into a wheelchair for the rest of his life due to the augmentation procedures. Later became a commander and the head of the SPARTAN-IV program
> Ralph-103 - Failed to adapt fully to augmentations; discharged due to experiencing irreparable psychological trauma after escaping the program in 2525. Later joined the UNSC Marine Corps. Killed in action during the Harvest campaign in early 2531
> Alice-130 - Rehabilitated and currently part of Red Team
>
> That leaves just 17 Spartan-IIs (who survived augmentations) available for RED FLAG. Based on what I read in FoR, there seemed to be way more than 17 during the pre-mission briefings and the planet-side defence of the Super MAC generators.
> Only logical conclusion I can come to: A whole lot of the aforementioned 30 “dead” augmentation casualties were brought in to make up the numbers, along with perhaps a number of rehabilitated washouts (sans Red Team of course).
>
> As for the post-war numbers, no point counting now. We just have to wait and see how many new Spartan-IIs 343i pull out of their hat in the coming years.

That’s a really great point you make, and depending on which of spartan 047 and 122 survived, then we’re only missing three spartans for operation: RED FLAG, for the twenty two total.

Sorry I forgot about the ones I didn’t mention. I also must have missed the part about the dead being resuscitated and some active ones being cripples before. It’s been a while since I read the lore.

> 2533274849782428;15:
> > 2533274924338475;13:
> > We got 45 that are alive after augmentations. Sam and Jorge are killed. Maria is retired. Got 42 that are alive/active.
> > 11 from Red-Beta team are likely killed at Reach. Anton, Li, Grace, Will, Vinh, Joshua, and Isaac are dead/ likely dead. 3 from Red-Delta likely dead. James is MIA. Got 20.
> > Black team killed, Kurt killed. Nicole is considered canon and technically MIA. 14
> > Blue(4), Red(3), Grey(3), and Naomi are active so it’s 11. Add the 3 omega Spartans we got(assuming the other 3 were on Reach) and it’s 14.
> >
> > That implies that all washouts were rehabilitated. There were 12 in the lore.
>
> You are quite mistaken there young Padawan.
> Many, many people forget or are ignorant of the fact that the 30 candidates who died during the augmentations aren’t permanently gone. Their bodies were kept on ice by ONI in case they could be resuscitated and put back into service. Black Team and Serin Osman are but a couple of examples. This means 343i literally has 25 Spartan Twos to pull out of their metaphorical -Yoinks!- whenever they feel like it.
>
> You ready for some number crunching? Cos I am.
> 33 candidates survived augmentations, of which:
>
> -The following ELEVEN Spartan-IIs were either killed or went missing before The Battle of Reach:
> Daisy-023 - Confirmed KIA on Harvest
> Samuel-034 - Confirmed KIA aboard the Unrelenting near Chi Ceti IV
> Randall-037 - MIA (assumed KIA) during Battle of Vodin
> Kurt-051 - Kidnapped by ONI to train S-IIIs (assumed KIA)
> Sheila-065 - Confirmed KIA during the Battle of Miridem
> Solomon-069 - Confirmed KIA during a mission to rescue Dr. Halsey
> Arthur-079 - Confirmed KIA during a mission to rescue Dr. Halsey
> Keiichi-047/Joseph-122 - Unidentified S-II confirmed KIA on Harvest is either one, never stated which in canon
> Oscar-129 - Committed suicide after meeting flash clone
> Unidentified Trainee - Committed suicide after meeting flash clone
> Cal-141 - Confirmed KIA during an assassination operation on Heian
>
> -The following FIVE Spartan-IIs were active but unavailable for Operation RED FLAG:
> Jai-006 - Part of Grey Team
> Jorge-052 - Part of Noble Team
> Maria-062 - Retired active duty and assigned to UNSC reserves
> Adiana-111 - Part of Grey Team
> Mike-120 - Part of Grey Team
>
> 12 candidates were crippled by the augmentations, of whom 10 are known:
> Kirk-018 - Discharged. Possibly rehabilitated, for which Halsey had expressed hope
> Douglas-042 - Rehabilitated and currently part of Red Team
> Soren-066 - Discharged due to failures in augmentation process in 2527 Listed as missing in action on Reach after defecting to the insurrectionists. Presumed killed before or during the Fall of Reach
> Cassandra-075 - Discharged due to failures in the augmentation procedures in 2525. Residing on the M25L Recovery Station as of October 2552
> René-081 - Discharged after “washing out”. Possibly rehabilitated, for which Halsey expressed hope in her journal
> Fhajad-084 - Discharged and reassigned to ONI. Suffered uncontrollable muscle spasms due to failures in augmentation. Current status unknown; possibly rehabilitated, for which Halsey had expressed hope
> Jerome-092 - Rehabilitated and currently part of Red Team
> Musa-096 - Forced into a wheelchair for the rest of his life due to the augmentation procedures. Later became a commander and the head of the SPARTAN-IV program
> Ralph-103 - Failed to adapt fully to augmentations; discharged due to experiencing irreparable psychological trauma after escaping the program in 2525. Later joined the UNSC Marine Corps. Killed in action during the Harvest campaign in early 2531
> Alice-130 - Rehabilitated and currently part of Red Team
>
> That leaves just 17 Spartan-IIs (who survived augmentations) available for RED FLAG. Based on what I read in FoR, there seemed to be way more than 17 during the pre-mission briefings and the planet-side defence of the Super MAC generators.
> Only logical conclusion I can come to: A whole lot of the aforementioned 30 “dead” augmentation casualties were brought in to make up the numbers, along with perhaps a number of rehabilitated washouts (sans Red Team of course).
>
> As for the post-war numbers, no point counting now. We just have to wait and see how many new Spartan-IIs 343i pull out of their hat in the coming years.

This is an excellent list, I recently reread FoR and from what I remember from it Fred dies speak about the Spartans that dropped down to Reach. Some were WIA and couldn’t fight. Had to be a fixed position only. Some had broken components of their MJILNOR suits, which they couldn’t fight at full capacity anyways. Hell, even John says there’s only 30 Spartans before he even deploys them to Reach.
The numbers don’t add up. Why couldn’t 343 just make them sponge bullet Spartan4’s instead!