Older Spartans in Non-Combat Roles

Might be interesting to see an older Spartan II whose aged past his combat effectiveness in a more superior command role within the military, utilizing his/her previous BA experience in the role of General. Imagine the iron command of Hood, the stone-cold tactical intelligence of Keyes, perhaps even the machismo of Del Rio - the fact that he would be massive and physically imposing, visible scars and handicaps, but also collected, observative, and even well-mannered in normal conversation. Until he got on the battlefield and started commanding his men - He might even fight with them from time to time which would be amazingly campy and 40k-ish. Then you could draw up some really good drama between his style of command on the ground, you know, NCO/not by the book, and the Admiral coordinating from the mothership in orbit who maybe went to the Academy and graduated top of his/her class but has very little experience. Anyways just an interesting thought I wanted to share.

> 2533274838687111;1:
> Might be interesting to see an older Spartan II whose aged past his combat effectiveness in a more superior command role within the military, utilizing his/her previous BA experience in the role of General. Imagine the iron command of Hood, the stone-cold tactical intelligence of Keyes, perhaps even the machismo of Del Rio - the fact that he would be massive and physically imposing, visible scars and handicaps, but also collected, observative, and even well-mannered in normal conversation. Until he got on the battlefield and started commanding his men - He might even fight with them from time to time which would be amazingly campy and 40k-ish. Then you could draw up some really good drama between his style of command on the ground, you know, NCO/not by the book, and the Admiral coordinating from the mothership in orbit who maybe went to the Academy and graduated top of his/her class but has very little experience. Anyways just an interesting thought I wanted to share.

I think we’re decades away from seeing that in terms of actually active Spartan IIs. Obviously a lot of the washouts have since gone on to such things e.g. Musa and Serin Osman

I’d imagine them training new Spartans like Jun does

It’s a cool idea, but we are still a little ways away from the Spartans being old enough to “retire”

> 2535426515273563;3:
> I’d imagine them training new Spartans like Jun does

Never knew that’s where Jun went. Having older Spartan teach the new recruits is a good tactic, but it’s possible there are better uses for an old Spartan. Not to mention there are now a tons of S3s and S4s running around so having one of the few remaining S2s spend like 6 month shifts training 40 cadets each might not be the best use of resources. The original class was trained by normal soldiers after all. I don’t believe there were any candidates from the Orion project (S1s) involved in the original Spartan program (SPARTANII). Spartans were selected for having like 90th percentile IQ, and that was before the augmentations. The UNSC might need someone like that on the front lines so to speak.