Older CPUs Not Supported, Let's Be Loud About This

Specifically, if you get the “error 0x80000001” message on launch, and then crash after hitting continue, this is for you. Older processors (like the Phenom II) currently won’t launch the game due to a lack of support of SSE 4.1… but this is a very solvable issue. Metal Gear Solid 5, Earth Defense Force, freaking NO MAN’S SKY, and several more all had a similar issue that was patched relatively quickly. Unless I’m missing vital info, this is an easy fix!

So, if you care, please get on 343’s twitter (https://twitter.com/Halo), and make yourself heard. A not insignificant amount of people would like to play as well, but can’t, and for a rather silly reason. Even if you don’t have this problem, I would encourage you to still get on there. Thanks for your time.

When the game says for example recommended i5-3570K 3.4GHz or “AMD Equivalent”, it doesn’t mean an AMD 3.4Ghz Quad Core as that is not equivalent to an i5 Quad Core 3.4GHz. Compare the Phenom II to an i5-3570K and it’s horribly weak. I will say though, that no game should just close itself because it decides your hardware isn’t good enough. While that may or may not be the case here, the game does probably do that in other cases like not having enough RAM. Either way, I doubt they will change what you want as soon they will stop doing updates and DLC and focus on Halo 3: Anniversary and Halo 6.

They haven’t even released the first major update yet, Ghost. And since this is a very fixable problem, I believe that if we’re vocal enough, they’ll include it in the big patch that’s hopefully coming soon.

As John Cena would say, “Never Give Up, Never Let Down”… desert you.