Old Waypoint

Anyone miss the old Waypoint?

Hijack’d
This thread has been hijacked by Austin7934 for scavenger hunt purposes. Feel free to delete this after the scavenger hunt is over. Thank you!

9MV39

I miss when it was big enough to read, too.

> I miss when it was big enough to read, too.

Yea isn’t the best picture though I couldn’t find a better one lol.

Ah, The good days. I miss them :frowning:

YES.

Not just the old format, but many of the old community members, too.

Feels like old times

This forum is not a natural formation

Feet first into Waypoint

It reminded me, waypoint’s third anniversary is coming up. As someone who’s been hear since the beginnings of waypoint, its kind of amazing to see it change.

> It reminded me, waypoint’s third anniversary is coming up. As someone who’s been hear since the beginnings of waypoint, its kind of amazing to see it change.

When is the third anniversary?

I’ve been here since Sunday, January 15, 2012, according to my Waypoint forum statistics. So coming close to two years! :slight_smile:

> > It reminded me, waypoint’s third anniversary is coming up. As someone who’s been hear since the beginnings of waypoint, its kind of amazing to see it change.
>
> When is the third anniversary?
>
> I’ve been here since Sunday, January 15, 2012, according to my Waypoint forum statistics. So coming close to two years! :slight_smile:

http://twitter.com/Erickyboo/status/335080873730924546/photo/1 I found this

In two days. I made a thread about it. I joined in and started posting actively enough nearly three years ago now!

> > > It reminded me, waypoint’s third anniversary is coming up. As someone who’s been hear since the beginnings of waypoint, its kind of amazing to see it change.
> >
> > When is the third anniversary?
> >
> > I’ve been here since Sunday, January 15, 2012, according to my Waypoint forum statistics. So coming close to two years! :slight_smile:
>
> http://twitter.com/Erickyboo/status/335080873730924546/photo/1 I found this
>
> In two days. I made a thread about it. I joined in and started posting actively enough nearly three years ago now!

Awesome, yboo!

I didn’t start to actively post until some time around the announce trailer for Halo 4. But after the release of Halo 4 was when I started to devote a lot more time into forum posting.

Never thought I’d stay here this long. I didn’t even think I’d get to Marine. Do you think I’ll be a Spartan one day?

> > > > It reminded me, waypoint’s third anniversary is coming up. As someone who’s been hear since the beginnings of waypoint, its kind of amazing to see it change.
> > >
> > > When is the third anniversary?
> > >
> > > I’ve been here since Sunday, January 15, 2012, according to my Waypoint forum statistics. So coming close to two years! :slight_smile:
> >
> > http://twitter.com/Erickyboo/status/335080873730924546/photo/1 I found this
> >
> > In two days. I made a thread about it. I joined in and started posting actively enough nearly three years ago now!
>
> Awesome, yboo!
>
> I didn’t start to actively post until some time around the announce trailer for Halo 4. But after the release of Halo 4 was when I started to devote a lot more time into forum posting.
>
> Never thought I’d stay here this long. I didn’t even think I’d get to Marine. Do you think I’ll be a Spartan one day?

Most certainly. You’re quite close now. Before long you will walk among the saviors of humanity.

I always preferred the old Waypoint, not sure why though. Might just be nostalgia talking…

I miss the post width of the previous layout. There was much less scrolling needed. Gamma and beta were also fun. On the other hand, there was also a lot wrong with each of those iterations. Such as the bug that made your post disappear when you pressed the “post” button. Although it’s still present, it’s not nearly as bad. It made me develop a habit of always copying my posts before posting. It also made me lose 20+ hours of my life.

But I’m happy we’re here, closing in on our third anniversary.

I liked the old Forum better. Easier to use.

Theres a lot I love and miss about the old forums but in all honesty I like where Waypoint is at right now. I’ve really adjusted to it.

I’ve also gotten use to not dealing with the sign in bug…

> Theres a lot I love and miss about the old forums but in all honesty I like where Waypoint is at right now. I’ve really adjusted to it.
>
> I’ve also gotten use to not dealing with <mark>the sign in bug</mark>…

Oh yeah, That one was annoying

> I miss the post width of the previous layout. There was much less scrolling needed. Gamma and beta were also fun. On the other hand, there was also a lot wrong with each of those iterations. Such as the bug that made your post disappear when you pressed the “post” button. Although it’s still present, it’s not nearly as bad. It made me develop a habit of always copying my posts before posting. It also made me lose 20+ hours of my life.
>
> But I’m happy we’re here, closing in on our third anniversary.

It was so fun to encounter that bug for the first time by trying to post a very long wall of text. Good times.

> > Theres a lot I love and miss about the old forums but in all honesty I like where Waypoint is at right now. I’ve really adjusted to it.
> >
> > I’ve also gotten use to not dealing with <mark>the sign in bug</mark>…
>
> Oh yeah, That one was annoying

Coincidentally, where I have problems with anything else internet related, I almost never had a problem with the sign-in bug.

I think it hit me once, but other than that I was fine.

… I do miss the old layout to an extent. I’d say this one may be a tad easier on the eyes though.

> > > Theres a lot I love and miss about the old forums but in all honesty I like where Waypoint is at right now. I’ve really adjusted to it.
> > >
> > > I’ve also gotten use to not dealing with <mark>the sign in bug</mark>…
> >
> > Oh yeah, That one was annoying
>
> Coincidentally, where I have problems with anything else internet related, I almost never had a problem with the sign-in bug.
>
> I think it hit me once, but other than that I was fine.

Knock on wood

Yea i miss it. I remember when i was a frequent poster well before all the bungie.net people came in. I remember before H4 coming out i tried to start “<4” to become a thing and erickyboo helped me for a while. I remember winning the defiant map pack in that big thread before the official release and having playdates with the community that had them which included 343 employees. man i miss those days.