Old soldiers never die...

I loved the trilogy. Its the reason why I bought reach and why I have stayed with reach despite so many leaving. Through it all the fresh spawns on a sunny clear day on the Gulch, the the cool dual weilding combos in H2, practicing my strafe on random forge maps in H3, the joy of finally earnign my 50 with my 3 best friends all kept me loyal and filled with hope. But with news like the above where they are even talking about removing weapon timers now and that there will def be perks/armor abilities all chosen from spawn, really why even buy H4? Its halo in name but not at heart. If i enjoyed that gameplay why wouldnt I be playign the myriad of games that already have it?

So maybe I will finally and seriously do liek so many have said on these forums. Just go back to H3 or try and find some other games to play. Its really hard for me since I have virtually exclusively played Halo since CE came out. H3 was nice but the net coding is bad expecially with the lower player count. Iono maybe streetfighter? I had lots of fun with GTA with grandtheft auto 3 and armored core back in the PS2 days. maybe those franchises are worth a look?

Either way I think I’m too old for halo now. I really loved how CE-3 were and i hoped to everything H4 was going to reward my loyalty and bring back the gameplay I loved. It looks like this isnt going to happen so I guess its time to just put my mjolnir down and fade away…

I’ll always remember the fun you gave me for 10 years. Thanks for those memories Halo. It was one hell of a ride and I’ll never forget you

I loved you Halo, I really did. We had a great 10 years that I will never forget. I loved the series for what it what was and what made it unique, but i guess thats all gone now. Well like General Macarthur who defeated japan, recaptured the Philippines, helped rebuild Japan, and protected South Korea and many other accomplishments only to be thrown away and fired I will repeat his famous words…

“Old soldiers never die, they just fade away…”

all i see is a wall of crying

I’m holding out hope . . ,