Old Magnum > New BR = People ONLY Use Magnum

Pre-update BR is slightly better than Magnum, and was switched out for Magnum at every opportunity, making it the 2nd-most-used weapon aside from Magnum.

There is significant risk that the updated BR will no lobger be better than (or possibly even as good as) the Magnum.

If the BR is no longer better than the Magnum, the variety of weapons utilized will plummet.

The Magnum will dominate percent of total kills, even moreso than now.

Even if the update succeeds in reducing role redundancy among non-Magnum weapons, all of these weapons have been nerfed equally (respective to each other), but disproportionally respective to the Magnum.

The Magnum will dominate percent of total kills, even moreso than now.

You clearly are ignorant on what effects of the BR will have.

At scope range, the pistol does not stand a chance. (no change from original)

At long range, pistol and Br will be inefficient (originally BR would destroy)

At close range, BR has slight advantage (no change from original)

It will be fun watching you get wrecked by BR users.

> 2533274825499812;2:
> You clearly are ignorant on what effects of the BR will have.
>
> At scope range, the pistol does not stand a chance. (no change from original)
>
> At long range, pistol and Br will be inefficient (originally BR would destroy)
>
> At close range, BR has slight advantage (no change from original)
>
> It will be fun watching you get wrecked by BR users.

Wow. What a condescending tone.

You, sir, are an overly aggressive jerk.

> 2533274825499812;2:
>
>
> At long range, pistol and Br will be inefficient (originally BR would destroy)
>
>

There is no reason to insult anyone. Have you played since the update hit?

wait the new weapons are already in the game??

> 2533274816299345;4:
> > 2533274825499812;2:
> > You clearly are ignorant on what effects of the BR will have.
> >
> > At scope range, the pistol does not stand a chance. (no change from original)
> >
> > At long range, pistol and Br will be inefficient (originally BR would destroy)
> >
> > At close range, BR has slight advantage (no change from original)
> >
> > It will be fun watching you get wrecked by BR users.
>
> There is no reason to insult anyone. Have you played since the update hit?

No one has. It hasn’t dropped yet.

> 2535438193399052;5:
> wait the new weapons are already in the game??

No, but they will be very shortly. 9am West Coast time.

> 2533274825499812;2:
>
>
>
>

Well, first off I’d say calm your tone there bud. No need to be overly aggressive Mr. AA.

Second, I have to disagree. Perhaps you didn’t watch the demonstration on the Mixer stream, or perhaps you are thinking of the Gunfighter Magnum. He’s talking about the standard Magnum. The scope on the new BR and it’s Red Reticle (aim-assist) range is on SLIGHTLY further than the current Magnum. Additionally, the current BR has barely slightly faster Time To Kill than the current Magnum. This leads to not-so-uncommon situations where a Magnum user landing a 5-shot can trade with a BR user landing their 4-shot. However, this has now changed. Although the updated BR has a 7% decrease in time between shots (decreasing time between shots, thus theoretically decreasing TTK), it is negligible because the overall Rounds Per Second were also decreased by 50%, thus INCREASING the TTK by 100%. Allow me to explain:

If the BR previously shot at a theoretical 3 rounds per second (1 burst), then it would kill in 4 seconds (4 bursts @ 1 burst per second). We’ve now decreased the RPS by 50%, so we’re now shooting 1.5 rounds per second (.5 burst). That would mean it would now take 8 seconds (4 bursts @ .5 burst per second).

Now for your close-range statement… Yes, the close-range magnetism has been increased by 100%… but that doesn’t matter. The bullet spread was increased from the vanilla BR. Ideally the increased magnetism will account for this and help all 3 shots land. HOWEVER, this doesn’t matter if the BR has a increased TTK. I can land 4-shots with the current BR just fine. I can land 5-shots with the current Magnum just fine. So the increased magnetism doesn’t do anything for me. TTK is what affects me. In this regard, the BR has been nerfed. The current Magnum has not been touched. Thus, in essence, the Magnum has been buffed.

> 2557401216992671;7:
> > 2535438193399052;5:
> > wait the new weapons are already in the game??
>
> No, but they will be very shortly. 9am West Coast time.

wait so in like 2 hours and a half??

> 2535438193399052;9:
> > 2557401216992671;7:
> > > 2535438193399052;5:
> > > wait the new weapons are already in the game??
> >
> > No, but they will be very shortly. 9am West Coast time.
>
> wait so in like 2 hours and a half??

Actually, one hour and 14min

> 2533274816299345;4:
> > 2533274825499812;2:
> >
> > At scope range, the pistol does not stand a chance. (no change from original)
> >
> > At long range, pistol and Br will be inefficient (originally BR would destroy)
> >
> >
>
> There is no reason to insult anyone. Have you played since the update hit?

Is it an insult to say you are ignorant on what effects the BR will have? I didn’t feel that way.

To be fair, the “it will be fun watching you get wrecked by BR users” was mean.

But I just know the above assessment on BR versus magnum is correct. If it turns out I am wrong, I will admit it here.

> 2533274860199253;8:
> > 2533274825499812;2:
> >
> >
> >
> >
>
> Well, first off I’d say calm your tone there bud. No need to be overly aggressive Mr. AA.
>
> Second, I have to disagree. Perhaps you didn’t watch the demonstration on the Mixer stream, or perhaps you are thinking of the Gunfighter Magnum. He’s talking about the standard Magnum. The scope on the new BR and it’s Red Reticle (aim-assist) range is on SLIGHTLY further than the current Magnum. Additionally, the current BR has barely slightly faster Time To Kill than the current Magnum. This leads to not-so-uncommon situations where a Magnum user landing a 5-shot can trade with a BR user landing their 4-shot. However, this has now changed. Although the updated BR has a 7% decrease in time between shots (decreasing time between shots, thus theoretically decreasing TTK), it is negligible because the overall Rounds Per Second were also decreased by 50%, thus INCREASING the TTK by 100%. Allow me to explain:
>
> If the BR previously shot at a theoretical 3 rounds per second (1 burst), then it would kill in 4 seconds (4 bursts @ 1 burst per second). We’ve now decreased the RPS by 50%, so we’re now shooting 1.5 rounds per second (.5 burst). That would mean it would now take 8 seconds (4 bursts @ .5 burst per second).
>
> Now for your close-range statement… Yes, the close-range magnetism has been increased by 100%… but that doesn’t matter. The bullet spread was increased from the vanilla BR. Ideally the increased magnetism will account for this and help all 3 shots land. HOWEVER, this doesn’t matter if the BR has a increased TTK. I can land 4-shots with the current BR just fine. I can land 5-shots with the current Magnum just fine. So the increased magnetism doesn’t do anything for me. TTK is what affects me. In this regard, the BR has been nerfed. The current Magnum has not been touched. Thus, in essence, the Magnum has been buffed.

Tiso… Shadowstrike1, I understand your arguments, and it seems like you are accurately reporting what 343 has stated, BUT…

I think it is more likely that you have misuderstood something OR someone from 343 misspoke than it is that the BR kill time has been literally doubled.

If the Vanilla BR was 110% as effective as the Magnum, and they halve that, it will be 55% as effective, which equates to completely and utterly useless. I don’t think that they would make such a tremendously enourmous mistake.

> 2557401216992671;12:
> > 2533274860199253;8:
> > > 2533274825499812;2:
> > > You clearly are ignorant on what effects of the BR will have.
> > >
> > > At scope range, the pistol does not stand a chance. (no change from original)
> > >
> > > At long range, pistol and Br will be inefficient (originally BR would destroy)
> > >
> > > At close range, BR has slight advantage (no change from original)
> > >
> > > It will be fun watching you get wrecked by BR users.
> >
> > Well, first off I’d say calm your tone there bud. No need to be overly aggressive Mr. AA.
> >
> > Second, I have to disagree. Perhaps you didn’t watch the demonstration on the Mixer stream, or perhaps you are thinking of the Gunfighter Magnum. He’s talking about the standard Magnum. The scope on the new BR and it’s Red Reticle (aim-assist) range is on SLIGHTLY further than the current Magnum. Additionally, the current BR has barely slightly faster Time To Kill than the current Magnum. This leads to not-so-uncommon situations where a Magnum user landing a 5-shot can trade with a BR user landing their 4-shot. However, this has now changed. Although the updated BR has a 7% decrease in time between shots (decreasing time between shots, thus theoretically decreasing TTK), it is negligible because the overall Rounds Per Second were also decreased by 50%, thus INCREASING the TTK by 100%. Allow me to explain:
> >
> > If the BR previously shot at a theoretical 3 rounds per second (1 burst), then it would kill in 4 seconds (4 bursts @ 1 burst per second). We’ve now decreased the RPS by 50%, so we’re now shooting 1.5 rounds per second (.5 burst). That would mean it would now take 8 seconds (4 bursts @ .5 burst per second).
> >
> > Now for your close-range statement… Yes, the close-range magnetism has been increased by 100%… but that doesn’t matter. The bullet spread was increased from the vanilla BR. Ideally the increased magnetism will account for this and help all 3 shots land. HOWEVER, this doesn’t matter if the BR has a increased TTK. I can land 4-shots with the current BR just fine. I can land 5-shots with the current Magnum just fine. So the increased magnetism doesn’t do anything for me. TTK is what affects me. In this regard, the BR has been nerfed. The current Magnum has not been touched. Thus, in essence, the Magnum has been buffed.
>
> Tiso… Shadowstrike1, I understand your arguments, and it seems like you are accurately reporting what 343 has stated, BUT…
>
> I think it is more likely that you have misuderstood something OR someone from 343 misspoke than it is that the BR kill time has been literally doubled.
>
> If the Vanilla BR was 110% as effective as the Magnum, and they halve that, it will be 55% as effective, which equates to completely and utterly useless. I don’t think that they would make such a tremendously enourmous mistake.

Actually, let me justify that further, I think i can nearly prove that something is calculated wrong here:

The Weapon tuning Playlist BR was nerfed from the original BR, but it’s kill time was not 200% of Vanilla BR, more like 110/120%.

The new BR has been BUFFED respective to the WTPlaylist BR, but still NERFED respective to the Vanilla BR, so it falls somewhere between them, meaning it’s killtime CANNOT be slower than the WTPlaylist BR.

When your thread gets locked, that doesn’t mean you go and start a new one with the same content

Please use the Weapon Tuning Discussion thread
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/weapon-tuning-discussion-thread/7f0a3900-9da3-4e29-8e90-8d2ab0699dfc/posts