Old Halo Vibes

I’m assuming that some of you have seen the “A New Threat” opening cinematic given to gamespot. This is it The whole cinematic does so many things right. The brutes are large and violent while Elites have a stoic and elitist sense to them. The way captain Cutter acts reminds me of Lord Hood and when the crew yells “Hoo Rah” I got Halo 2 vibes. If this is any sign, we could be seeing a return to form for Halo and that’s a welcome change.

Hell yeah it is. Hopefully the change carries over into Halo 6. As much as I love the old style though, there are people who appreciate the new stuff so I hope a middle ground can be found and both sides will be able to stay happy with Halo 6

I was excited to see HW2 looking more like the originals as well. Now all we can do is pray that its like that for H6 too.

> 2533274950162674;3:
> I was excited to see HW2 looking more like the originals as well. Now all we can do is pray that its like that for H6 too.

I have faith

You know it might be because Joseph Staten is back… But yeah there deffinatly has been a resurgence of old stuff coming back, perhaps 343 has been setting up the story for halo 6 with the previous entries into the recliamer saga? (and yes halo wars 2 is part of the reclaimer saga as it happens post halo event)

> 2533274950162674;3:
> I was excited to see HW2 looking more like the originals as well. Now all we can do is pray that its like that for H6 too.

Yeee boi

> 2533274902628105;5:
> You know it might be because Joseph Staten is back… But yeah there deffinatly has been a resurgence of old stuff coming back, perhaps 343 has been setting up the story for halo 6 with the previous entries into the recliamer saga? (and yes halo wars 2 is part of the reclaimer saga as it happens post halo event)

Wait Joseph Staten is back?

> 2533274988394857;7:
> > 2533274902628105;5:
> > You know it might be because Joseph Staten is back… But yeah there deffinatly has been a resurgence of old stuff coming back, perhaps 343 has been setting up the story for halo 6 with the previous entries into the recliamer saga? (and yes halo wars 2 is part of the reclaimer saga as it happens post halo event)
>
> Wait Joseph Staten is back?

Yeah he is, while he is not an official head writer yet he is now making halo books again after leaving the hell hole biggie has become. He also has some input on story.

> 2533274902628105;8:
> > 2533274988394857;7:
> > > 2533274902628105;5:
> > > You know it might be because Joseph Staten is back… But yeah there deffinatly has been a resurgence of old stuff coming back, perhaps 343 has been setting up the story for halo 6 with the previous entries into the recliamer saga? (and yes halo wars 2 is part of the reclaimer saga as it happens post halo event)
> >
> > Wait Joseph Staten is back?
>
> Yeah he is, while he is not an official head writer yet he is now making halo books again after leaving the hell hole biggie has become. He also has some input on story.

Thats awesome news

> 2533274988394857;9:
> > 2533274902628105;8:
> > > 2533274988394857;7:
> > > > 2533274902628105;5:
> > > > You know it might be because Joseph Staten is back… But yeah there deffinatly has been a resurgence of old stuff coming back, perhaps 343 has been setting up the story for halo 6 with the previous entries into the recliamer saga? (and yes halo wars 2 is part of the reclaimer saga as it happens post halo event)
> > >
> > > Wait Joseph Staten is back?
> >
> > Yeah he is, while he is not an official head writer yet he is now making halo books again after leaving the hell hole biggie has become. He also has some input on story.
>
> Thats awesome news

Yeah he rejoined with Microsoft in 2014 and wrote shadow of intent, this means he at least is pitching in on the overall story even while he is working on other projects.

Tbh, I really dislike it, when the strength/skill of certain factions is exaggerated in a cutscene for dramatic effect. I mean, it’s understandable, if e.g. those Brutes overpowered the Elites, but it’s just unrealisitc to make this so one-sided. The Elites should’ve at least killed one or two Brutes instead of just getting slaughtered. Same goes for that HW1 cutscene with the Spartans fighting against the Elites.

Funnily enough, everybody on here seems to be okay with these exaggerations and praise them for being “old Halo” or smth, but at the same time criticize 343 for slightly exaggerating the Spartan IVs in the beginning of Halo 5.

I also think that the general direction of HW2 is kinda generic, with just introducing a new bad guy with a huge army out of the blue.

But with that said, I do like a lot about HW2 and I’m really looking forward to how the story will turn out exactly.

> 2533274804854766;11:
> Tbh, I really dislike it, when the strength/skill of certain factions is exaggerated in a cutscene for dramatic effect. I mean, it’s understandable, if e.g. those Brutes overpowered the Elites, but it’s just unrealisitc to make this so one-sided. The Elites should’ve at least killed one or two Brutes instead of just getting slaughtered. Same goes for that HW1 cutscene with the Spartans fighting against the Elites.
>
> Funnily enough, everybody on here seems to be okay with these exaggerations and praise them for being “old Halo” or smth, but at the same time criticize 343 for slightly exaggerating the Spartan IVs in the beginning of Halo 5.
>
> I also think that the general direction of HW2 is kinda generic, with just introducing a new bad guy with a huge army out of the blue.
>
> But with that said, I do like a lot about HW2 and I’m really looking forward to how the story will turn out exactly.

I dont doubt for a minute that the Spartan IV’s in the beginning of Halo 5 could do that. Maybe it’s that the brutes were always portrayed as strong, and this is the first time we see their raw power.

> 2533274902628105;10:
> > 2533274988394857;9:
> > > 2533274902628105;8:
> > > > 2533274988394857;7:
> > > > > 2533274902628105;5:
> > > > > You know it might be because Joseph Staten is back… But yeah there deffinatly has been a resurgence of old stuff coming back, perhaps 343 has been setting up the story for halo 6 with the previous entries into the recliamer saga? (and yes halo wars 2 is part of the reclaimer saga as it happens post halo event)
> > > >
> > > > Wait Joseph Staten is back?
> > >
> > > Yeah he is, while he is not an official head writer yet he is now making halo books again after leaving the hell hole biggie has become. He also has some input on story.
> >
> > Thats awesome news
>
> Yeah he rejoined with Microsoft in 2014 and wrote shadow of intent, this means he at least is pitching in on the overall story even while he is working on other projects.

Oh, I knew he left Bungie, I was under the assumption he had more to do with Halo. I know he wrote some stuff for the new Crackdown but was hoping that it would be more focused on Halo.

> 2533274988394857;12:
> > 2533274804854766;11:
> > Tbh, I really dislike it, when the strength/skill of certain factions is exaggerated in a cutscene for dramatic effect. I mean, it’s understandable, if e.g. those Brutes overpowered the Elites, but it’s just unrealisitc to make this so one-sided. The Elites should’ve at least killed one or two Brutes instead of just getting slaughtered. Same goes for that HW1 cutscene with the Spartans fighting against the Elites.
> >
> > Funnily enough, everybody on here seems to be okay with these exaggerations and praise them for being “old Halo” or smth, but at the same time criticize 343 for slightly exaggerating the Spartan IVs in the beginning of Halo 5.
> >
> > I also think that the general direction of HW2 is kinda generic, with just introducing a new bad guy with a huge army out of the blue.
> >
> > But with that said, I do like a lot about HW2 and I’m really looking forward to how the story will turn out exactly.
>
> I dont doubt for a minute that the Spartan IV’s in the beginning of Halo 5 could do that. Maybe it’s that the brutes were always portrayed as strong, and this is the first time we see their raw power.

Yeah, but what bugs me with scenes like that, is that they decrease the “skill” of the elites and increase the “skill” of the Brutes, just cause it looks cool. I’d have preferred it, if at least one or two of the Brutes died.

But the way it is, in this scene the Brutes completely overpower the Elites without casualties, and I guess there could very well be a later scene, in which the opposite happens. Both are just extreme scenarios that are unrealistic.

Nope, waiting to experience it myself when the game launches.

> 2533274804854766;11:
> Tbh, I really dislike it, when the strength/skill of certain factions is exaggerated in a cutscene for dramatic effect. I mean, it’s understandable, if e.g. those Brutes overpowered the Elites, but it’s just unrealisitc to make this so one-sided. The Elites should’ve at least killed one or two Brutes instead of just getting slaughtered. Same goes for that HW1 cutscene with the Spartans fighting against the Elites.

Halo has done this since forever… Unrealistic fight outcomes… This is all Halo is.

> 2533274805640921;15:
> Nope, waiting to experience it myself when the game launches.

I’m also waiting, but I was just saying, this cinematic game me old halo vibes.

> 2533274988394857;1:
> I’m assuming that some of you have seen the “A New Threat” opening cinematic given to gamespot. This is it The whole cinematic does so many things right. The brutes are large and violent while Elites have a stoic and elitist sense to them. The way captain Cutter acts reminds me of Lord Hood and when the crew yells “Hoo Rah” I got Halo 2 vibes. If this is any sign, we could be seeing a return to form for Halo and that’s a welcome change.

I welcome it too. Let’s hope they deliver

> 2533274820642782;18:
> > 2533274988394857;1:
> > I’m assuming that some of you have seen the “A New Threat” opening cinematic given to gamespot. This is it The whole cinematic does so many things right. The brutes are large and violent while Elites have a stoic and elitist sense to them. The way captain Cutter acts reminds me of Lord Hood and when the crew yells “Hoo Rah” I got Halo 2 vibes. If this is any sign, we could be seeing a return to form for Halo and that’s a welcome change.
>
> I welcome it too. Let’s hope they deliver

From what I’ve heard, it’s really good.