Old guy

I truly enjoy playing Halo Reach MM. Because of my age, my reaction/awareness time makes it difficult to compete with the kids. Just wondered how many players, on this forum , are over the age of 32?

Well i am 32 lol. Try changing your controller sensitivity so you can turn quicker. It helped me alot.

Younger. xP

One guy here is twice or atleast twice as old as me.

> One guy here is twice or atleast twice as old as me.

Respect your elder young man /whap… lol.

30+ here.Ive been a gamer since the original nintendo, but I have no trouble admitting the younger generations are waaay better at online gaming than me, especially since I only got online just over 12 months ago ( does that qualify me for elder noob status?).

2 things;

1. True, I may not be as fast as I was, but I once went 6hrs straight on one quarter on the original Star Wars Arcade game. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_(1983_video_game).

2. if you’re getting slower, learn to be smarter. Brains > Agility > Brawn. That is why the nerds rule the planet and the jocks fight the wars for them :wink:

PS: I’ve seen the weapon comparisons for ranged battles between 3 and Reach. Kill times have not changed when comparing direct weapons or analogies. It is the AAs that can affect how long it takes to kill. But that’s only in LW jousting situations. Why the hell would you engage the enemy face to face and at even odds in the first place? Least alone while solo in Reach?

… and I’m not 31 yet :wink:

Hey, anybody else own the Silent Scope bundle for the original Xbox? I’ve headshotted every boss. Did the invisible tank guy no-scope for the truly cocky and lucky kill and of course knocked off the submarine boss a few times. I wish we had a game like that for the 360. I love Time Crisis, House of the Dead, Silent Scope EX, etc.

Yes, what Reaper said.

Learn the map layouts well, and get used to flanking enemies, sticking with teammates, or getting some kind of upper hand.

Wow… that’s a really epic story about the Arcade machine thy ReaperMC! xD

Wow, I uh, I uh am very young compared to you guys…very young…

Just about 33 here. You should check out Ancient Warriors over on B-net, a group for chronologically challenged gamers.

http://www.bungie.net/fanclub/351375/Group/GroupHome.aspx

Very…young…

> Well i am 32 lol. Try changing your controller sensitivity so you can turn quicker. It helped me alot.

You do not sound 32 at all.

I recommend Kontrol Freeks. I know it looks silly, but I tried them and haven’t looked back.

> Wow… that’s a really epic story about the Arcade machine thy ReaperMC! xD

My father bought the machine off of his cousin who owned an actual Arcade back then. I probably put in close to 10, 000 hrs between 87’-96’ into that particular machine before it finally went.

Now I don’t mind it being referred to as epic.

> > Well i am 32 lol. Try changing your controller sensitivity so you can turn quicker. It helped me alot.
>
> You do not sound 32 at all.

Well the touch of gray in my fu-man says otherwise lol.

> > > Well i am 32 lol. Try changing your controller sensitivity so you can turn quicker. It helped me alot.
> >
> > You do not sound 32 at all.
>
> Well the touch of gray in my fu-man says otherwise lol.

lol, Gray Team :wink:

I am 32. :slight_smile: Been gaming since I was wee little guy on Commodores and Ataris.

> I am 32. :slight_smile: Been gaming since I was wee little guy on Commodores and Ataris.

Those 2 machines bring back memories lol. Home run basball on Atari was my favorite.

26 here and I’m usually the baby amongst my gamer buddies :slight_smile: for the most part anyway :smiley:

I’m also not a guy lol