Old Deleted Playlists

I’ve recently got back into playing Reach, specifically with my friends, and have gotten back into trying to Max out all of my commendations. Now, I feel that the 3 hardest commendations in the game are Downshift for how many wheelman you need to get and how not many players get in your turrets, Grounded and Backup, because of reasons I’m about to get into. Recently, when 343 took over the Halo franchise, they removed some less played Playlists from Reach. I feel that one playlist in particular, Firefight Doubles, should be brought back. Why? Because of it being a two player experience, it’s a great way to fool around with friends while still earning a good amount of credits and commendation progress. Unlike modes like double team, where two teams of two need to be available to play, if you have a friend online or just some other random player, you can get into a match. Now, my second reason for this is because of the two commendations that I mentioned before. Grounded, in which you have to kills vehicles being opperated by enemies, and Backup, where you have to get assists in Firefight matchmaking, would both be easier to obtain Max rank in, with a lot of grinding. Even if you didn’t have a friend to play with you could just do the guest trick and grind some commendations. What do you guys think?

I can’t see this happening as they are still cutting game types in halo 5 (I miss Griff ball) it’s a bummer cause a lot of great stuff gets cut from our favorite titles to bolster the population of other game types (near the end of h5g griff ball as regular playlist you could get booted and end up rejoining the same game which sucked cause you would still get no credit for that game) so I can’t see them adding to reach when they are still focusing on their current main line titles and shrinking the playlists there. It’s a bummer but it’s a hard balancing act that 343 has in front of them managing a large active and spread out franchise.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> 2533274862926994;2:
> I can’t see this happening as they are still cutting game types in halo 5 (I miss Griff ball) it’s a bummer cause a lot of great stuff gets cut from our favorite titles to bolster the population of other game types (near the end of h5g griff ball as regular playlist you could get booted and end up rejoining the same game which sucked cause you would still get no credit for that game) so I can’t see them adding to reach when they are still focusing on their current main line titles and shrinking the playlists there. It’s a bummer but it’s a hard balancing act that 343 has in front of them managing a large active and spread out franchise.

of corse Spartan!

To keep it short, nothing is going to be done with Halo Reach. The focus is on MCC, Halo 5, and Halo Infinite. The best thing to do is strap in and grind away at commendations and rank.

My biggest problem with the playlist changes was how they removed the option for anniversary BTB. I have never since been able to get a match on the updated version of Headlong, Timberland, etc. and its annoying since those were great maps with Reach abilities / weapons / vehicles. But yeah they aren’t going to bring it back or update Reach after 8 years sadly…

Yeah, all of these make sense. Does anyone have any tips though? The ones I’m struggling with are assists and perfections. The vehicle one will be a grind too, but I’m not able to frequently find a game of Firefight Multiplayer meaning that assists are hard, and I don’t really understand how the perfection commendations works, because I remember playing a few rounds and not getting any. Are there any playlists that aren’t allowed for it? I did it in Score Attack x2, which a video on YouTube said worked. Thanks!

> 2535432006870578;6:
> Yeah, all of these make sense. Does anyone have any tips though? The ones I’m struggling with are assists and perfections. The vehicle one will be a grind too, but I’m not able to frequently find a game of Firefight Multiplayer meaning that assists are hard, and I don’t really understand how the perfection commendations works, because I remember playing a few rounds and not getting any. Are there any playlists that aren’t allowed for it? I did it in Score Attack x2, which a video on YouTube said worked. Thanks!

Perfections are easy; I strongly suggest ignoring the handicap settings to do this as they are quite easy with rocket launcher/pistol. Even off-host, unless you wind up on a foreign(usually Mexican) connection they are easy to obtain by staying back from the action even if you do manage to pull enemy priority. If you do get enemy priority just keep that in mind and take more cover as the game progresses. Occasionally the connection is so bad though that it’s nigh impossible to even aim properly let alone survive. I don’t get a lot of assists either but they’ll come just by repeated playing over time.