Old Abilities as Power-Ups

With Spartan Abilities taking taking the place of AA’s, and matchmaking being canon, it doesn’t really make sense for Spartans to suddenly not have use of gear like Prometheans Vision and Regeneration Field. Is it possible that these could be turned back into power-ups like active camo?

I guess. Only in forge and customs though. I don’t ever want to see things like promethean vision and jetpacks in matchmaking again.

gameplay > canon

Some of them wouldn’t make sense as power ups, maybe as equipment. There’s also the issue of cluttering up the controls. In Halo 4 we could only use one ability at a time, now we would have to incorporate these on top of the default abilities like Thruster.

To be honest though most of them don’t deserve to come back, as the majority of them are defensive in nature and just slow down gameplay. Jetpack would be a cool powerup, but that’s about it.

Not necessarily jetpack, but say one could be pro vision for 15 seconds or a small halo 3/4 auto sentry. The power ups in Halo 5 are activated upon being picked up, so things like jetpack and hologram would be pointless.

I don’t understand why they ever even added something such as promethean vision to matchmaking.

This would be cool to interpret like 2 old abilities.
Maybe pick up a jetpack that has 100% fuel and when used %10 drians every 2 seconds you use it.

I am of course just referring to custom games. I think just camo and overshield are good for matchmaking. MAYBE speed boost.

Jet pack better not come back. That will 86 all plans that they had of getting this game back into pro circuit.

I think the zoom hover is a perfect replacement for jetpack as is. No need for it to return.

Would be nice if in Halo 5 you could have the option to have equipment from Halo 3 back in customs (in gameplay, just make it selectable with the change grenade buttons ), and maybe have armor abilities only in customs (don’t know how that would work though).

Would love to see the bubble shield return in the future. I was fascinated by that thing, when it first appeared in the Halo 3 commercial, when that wraith shot at MC lol.

They could make a temporary playlist with such power ups and see how the community responds.

> 2533274873954403;12:
> Would love to see the bubble shield return in the future. I was fascinated by that thing, when it first appeared in the Halo 3 commercial, when that wraith shot at MC lol.

I personally miss the equipment of H3. It produced some great tactical moments. Dropping a bubble shield seconds before guaranteed death, turning the tide with a power drain and dropping trip mines in sneaky spots. Loved it

Dude power ups were confirmed months ago. You are extremely late.

> 2533274858572140;15:
> Dude power ups were confirmed months ago. You are extremely late.

Yes, active camo and over shield confirmed but now with an activation animation

I wouldn’t mind a universal VISR/ tactical view mode coming in to replace the Promethean Vision. As for things like Bubble Shield, Auto-Sentry and Trip Mines, I could see them coming in as additional “grenade” types so to speak.