Okay seriously what is with the lack of testing?

I think every one can agree; Vanilla supporter orTU supporter, good player or bad player, precision weapon enthusiasts and auto enthusiast alike:

What is with the lack of testing?

While I welcomed the TU and it’s introduction to more playlists simply due to the fact that it was more enjoyable of an experience, I was very surprised to hear how quickly it was converted into other playlists. It was far from perfect and needed more testing before implementing globally, as there was clearly a large population who is did not take into account. 343 realized this after the fact by their decision to remove BT in all TU gametypes, but now you pissed off a whole lot more people. I do not agree with this decision at all, and I think it was a step backwards, I am simply uses it to demonstrate the lack of testing and indecision of 343’s MM team.

It was one thing when we were all just beating a dead horse with no expectation of anything getting changed, but then when you actually listened it got us all back into the game, only so you could let us down again.

TU w/o BT should have been tested in the TU Beta playlist before being flat out removed all together, I think anyone can agree with that. Also 75% melee with BT, and 110% DR with 90% melee should have also been tested prior to the warranting of the complete removal of BT.

Make up your damn minds and decide what you want to do and stick to it. That coupled with thorough testing to make sure that it what you want to do.

You’re -Yoink!- everyone off and getting off on the wrong foot with H4. The TU was a step in the right direction, but the March update was just a joke. It honestly looks like you guy wrote possible changes on pieces of paper, poured them all in a hat and, drunk off your -Yoink- es, pulled out some of the changes and implemented them into the game.

honeslty, I don’t care what you do with Reach anymore, if you want to please those who couldn’t adapt to previous Halo’s (or the TU for that matter) and allow them to play carelessly and still do well, like Bungie did, then fine just do it. At least then we will have an answer and we can move on.

/rant

> What is with the lack of testing?

Ironic how there’s no beta for Halo 4.

We have all been rofl-stomped by 343

> > What is with the lack of testing?
>
> Ironic how there’s no beta for Halo 4.
>
> We have all been rofl-stomped by 343

:’(

At least Bungie politely sodomized the Halo we’ve come to know and love…

343 is starting to look like they’re going to skull -Yoink- the -Yoink- out of it :confused:

I guess we can just wait to see how H4 turns out, and then all give up and commit a mass suicide if it sucks. You in?

I wish you were ticked off with the lack of testing with me two months ago.

> I wish you were ticked off with the lack of testing with me two months ago.

They tested TU for what? 2-3 Months? They had plenty of testing time, they just didn’t use that time effectively. They should have tested different damage rates and such.

> > I wish you were ticked off with the lack of testing with me two months ago.
>
> They tested TU for what? 2-3 Months? They had plenty of testing time, they just didn’t use that time effectively. They should have tested different damage rates and such.

I know, that’s why I stopped posting for almost 2 months when they announced the further globalisation of the TU.
They could’ve tested many things but didn’t and still went ahead with the globally implemented TU changes that are now being “tweaked.”
But honestly, I was mad for all of us, for the MM system not getting what I feel is a proper shot.

> I wish you were ticked off with the lack of testing with me two months ago.

Well I always felt that it was unfair to you guys, but I was happy because the pro’s for my gameplay far outweighed the con’s. I also thought that 343 had decided what they were going to do, clearly they are very undecided on what they want to do. If their indecision is so that they don’t piss anyone off, then test things in the -Yoink- ing beta before implement them. This doesn’t seem to be the case with the way they handled the March update. If they want Reach to stay a derp fest then fine, just decide it already.

And let’s be honest, are you really going to argue with something that benefits you? If someone hands you $100 you’re not going to argue with him and not accept it if he doesn’t also given everyone else $100. But you are going to be pissed as hell and blabber forever if someone steals $100 from you.

Maybe you would do this, but most of the time, no one tries to argue against something that supports or benefits what they believe or want, it’s not until you feel you got cheated or that someone else has it wrong will you go out of your way to find evidence. It’s a fault in the human brain and the race as a whole. Sorry bud :confused: On a real talk note, I am trying go against the grain more and more on this and have been on the “The most important time to listen is the times that you least think you need to” train for a while, but it is damn hard. lol.

Anyway,

Honestly at this point I will be surprised if they don’t reintroduce BT. From what I’ve seen, there has been at twice as many complaints towards it’s removal than there were towards it’s implementation. Although I also stopped crying and started playing the game once the TU was introduced so I could be totally wrong.

Maybe 343i workers test it and you all just suck?

> Maybe 343i workers test it and you all just suck?

This is obviously it. Matt, you’re an idiot :stuck_out_tongue:

> Maybe 343i workers test it and you all just suck?

It is absolutely impossible for a dev team to even do in a year what millions of kids could do in a day. fact. That is why beta’s exist. When you stare at something long enough you become desensitized to it, making it very difficult to look at it in a different way, or to rethink the way you see it.

Regardless it doesn’t even seem like the dev team did that, it honestly doesn’t seem like they even tested the TU without BT, it sounds like they just listened to all the whining, which is not the way a dev should operate.

> And let’s be honest, are you really going to argue with something that benefits you?

You mean against something that benefits me, and yes it’s called balancing.

It’s why I recongise that melee bleedthrough is ok (great even) if shields and health are 1:1 and/or melees aren’t strong enough to allow a kill through about 30% shield remaining only, BUT believe basic firepower should still require the shields to pop to kill (ie no bleedthrough headshots except the sniper-like weapons).
But because they’re not and Reach doesn’t even have the 30% trade-window that Halo3 had, shield popping for melees IS a good tradeoff for Reach to maintain the shield popping headshots for basic weapons (even better with 75% melee).

It’s why I understand that the double-melee with sprint, though not a problem in my eyes, can allow players the ability to constantly ambush healthy opponents who don’t have the area to maneuver in. And that is why a 75% melee modifier is a good compromise to the system, though not required.

It’s why I am ticked off the automatics didn’t get a buff when the precision weapons did in TU. It benefited only one part of the equation and imbalanced it. The precision weapons require less effort to use than before while the automatics still require much more effort than they should in comparison.

> > It’s why I am ticked off the automatics didn’t get a buff when the precision weapons did in TU. It benefited only one part of the equation and imbalanced it. The precision weapons require less effort to use than before while the automatics still require much more effort than they should in comparison.
>
> How so do precision weapons require “less work”?
>
> And I agree that auto’s should have a gotten a buff, but to me, seeing a never used them, It’s not a problem that’s going to make the game less fun for me. I know that it will make the game less fun for other, hence my advocation of it, but like I said, I still enjoy the game whether they’re buffed or not.
>
> In an ideal world at least the AR would have gotten a buff, bleed through would have stayed, and 75% melee would have been implemented.

> I think every one can agree; Vanilla supporter orTU supporter, good player or bad player, precision weapon enthusiasts and auto enthusiast alike:
>
> What is with the lack of testing?
>
> While I welcomed the TU and it’s introduction to more playlists simply due to the fact that it was more enjoyable of an experience, I was very surprised to hear how quickly it was converted into other playlists. It was far from perfect and needed more testing before implementing globally, as there was clearly a large population who is did not take into account. 343 realized this after the fact by their decision to remove BT in all TU gametypes, but now you pissed off a whole lot more people. I do not agree with this decision at all, and I think it was a step backwards, I am simply uses it to demonstrate the lack of testing and indecision of 343’s MM team.
>
> It was one thing when we were all just beating a dead horse with no expectation of anything getting changed, but then when you actually listened it got us all back into the game, only so you could let us down again.
>
> TU w/o BT should have been tested in the TU Beta playlist before being flat out removed all together, I think anyone can agree with that. Also 75% melee with BT, and 110% DR with 90% melee should have also been tested prior to the warranting of the complete removal of BT.
>
> Make up your damn minds and decide what you want to do and stick to it. That coupled with thorough testing to make sure that it what you want to do.
>
> You’re -Yoink!- everyone off and getting off on the wrong foot with H4. The TU was a step in the right direction, but the March update was just a joke. It honestly looks like you guy wrote possible changes on pieces of paper, poured them all in a hat and, drunk off your -Yoink!- es, pulled out some of the changes and implemented them into the game.
>
> honeslty, I don’t care what you do with Reach anymore, if you want to please those who couldn’t adapt to previous Halo’s (or the TU for that matter) and allow them to play carelessly and still do well, like Bungie did, then fine just do it. At least then we will have an answer and we can move on.
>
> /rant

Spread this thread around. Maybe if we can consolidate our opinions in 1 place and get more people to see it and vote on it, maybe things can get changed (again)

> And I agree that auto’s should have a gotten a buff, but to me, seeing a never used them, It’s not a problem that’s going to make the game less fun for me.

I’m telling you man, plasma rifle’s where it’s at! :slight_smile:

> > And I agree that auto’s should have a gotten a buff, but to me, seeing a never used them, It’s not a problem that’s going to make the game less fun for me.
>
> I’m telling you man, plasma rifle’s where it’s at! :slight_smile:

Don’t you have a post to edit somewhere? Or maybe a flame war to end? Anything to do other than invade my thread?

<3

No, I love the PR and the AR, I just think they are useless in MM. The AR is probably my favorite weapon in campaign.

> > > And I agree that auto’s should have a gotten a buff, but to me, seeing a never used them, It’s not a problem that’s going to make the game less fun for me.
> >
> > I’m telling you man, plasma rifle’s where it’s at! :slight_smile:
>
> Don’t you have a post to edit somewhere? Or maybe a flame war to end? Anything to do other than invade my thread?
>
>
> <3
>
> No, I love the PR and the AR, I just think they are useless in MM. The AR is probably my favorite weapon in campaign.

The Plasma Repeater and Assault Rifle both find some good use in Invasion. Atleast up to tier 2, which largely depends on the preferences of players you encounter. I stayed effective with the Assault rifle burst firing it in a game of Spire up to tier 3, when most of the elite team were using more close quarters oriented weapons.

Youve changed your tune drastically Matt, now that the shoe is on the other foot.

Yes i do wish they had done more testing with this TU from the start, months ago, before starting to roll it out everywhere. But all I see from recent events is 343i recognising that perhaps that was a mistake and acting to rectify that. You make it sound like they TUed everywhere and everyone was happy, then did the march update. As if that is what happened in isolation. The truth is the imbalance started the first time the TU broke out of anniv. and MLG, and the march update is merely, finally, the counterbalance to a process that started in December.

You also overlook the fact that TU has not actually been repealed from any list, rather that the most contentious chunk of it has been turned off. The bloom tweak was an equally big part of the TU and that still stands.

The last thing you do is pull out the fallacy that “making a decision and stickin ta 'et” is always hte best thing to do (the infamous “stay the course” comes to mind here), but what i see is a studio that made an error in its production environment and was willing to admit to it and rectify it to the benefit of its customers as a whole. That takes guts. Now I dont know about you, but I would much rather this attitude towards the franchise rather than some sort of pig-headed defiance of any criticism regarding multiplayer, even if it worked in my favour.

tl:dr you cant leave out chunks of what actually occurred and then claim to be victimised.

Question: If 75% melee were to be implemented what reason is there to have bleed through once double melee is solved entirely?

> How so do precision weapons require “less work”?

Considering that 1vs1 encounters are the concern with spawning weapons:
You have to be quicker, closer and use more force multipliers (most times the melee) than what the NR or DMR require.

The DMR/NR are headshot and long range capable weapons. They both have scopes that physically reduce their spreads when used.
You also have enough ammo to kill 3 enemies with perfect shooting and without the use of force multipliers before reloading, and all shots to an unshielded head are a kill.

The AR/PRi’s are non-headshot weapons that cannot reduce their spreads.
If a player fullautos their AR/PRi, they’re only highly effective just beyond melee range. If they do kill in fullauto beyond that range before reloading/cooling, they do so near that mark and generally can’t help finish off shields or health on another enemy like a DMR/NR would with their leftover ammo.
So a player MUST rapid fire their AR/PRi to ensure a kill with 1 magazine/speed-burst past melee range. And when I mean rapid fire I mean a skilled user will be pulsing the AR in similar speeds to using the Plasma Pistol or Magnum.
Most times the best a player can do when firing so rapidly is to kill one enemy and have enough left over to drain the shields of the next enemy without force multipliers before reloading/cooling.

With all that, yes I physically have to work harder using the AR (especially the PRi) to live and kill with than I do with a DMR or NR.

> I’m telling you man, plasma rifle’s where it’s at! :slight_smile:

And I will say though I don’t want every weapon to be a look, spray, melee tool, that a weapon does exist to fill that roll isn’t a problem to me.
The plasma stun hasn’t returned from lent yet.

> Question: If 75% melee were to be implemented what reason is there to have bleed through once double melee is solved entirely?

That any amount of damage to the shields rounds up the damage of a precision weapon.
Weapons that don’t register headshots yet have their individual shots bleeding through only effects health in miniscule ways. There’s rarely if ever going to be a player that has 1 bar of health and a sliver of shields that would have an AR bullet downing both shields and health.

If Reach were built on integer damage values where we didn’t have other weapons like the Plasma Pistol, AR and Needler, and even if Reach didn’t already give us shield popping before, then hey, it really is less of an issue.
But Reach did gives us shield popping to start and Halo doesn’t use integer damage values.