OK WTF Is Going On Here?

Just had a very interesting game… interesting because every time our team went into the lead the game would show the scoreboard and says Starting Game… but when we come back in we would be behind again.

I had it where there was nobody near me and then the scoreboard pops up and came back with my body on the floor and from being 10 points in the lead we were now 70 points behind.

This happened over 10 times… more like twice that. Will have to watch the film to be sure but it sure as hell is dodgy. We weren’t even lagging when the game was running. If it was laggy I would expect the game to restart… but no lag and then the game freezes for everyone but the blues?

If this was just lag or a Waypoint server issue then yeah… could be legit. But what happened had all the hallmarks of someone using a Lag Switch. I so wish the FileShare was up and running so I could show you guys this game.

Yea, this happened to me and some of my friends earlier today. Is so annoying, my team all got about 10 kills each, then two people on the enemy team got like 25 each.
Every time we were back in the lead, it went to black screen and when we spawned, we were behind and spawn killed…

> Just had a very interesting game… interesting because every time our team went into the lead the game would show the scoreboard and says Starting Game… but when we come back in we would be behind again.
>
> I had it where there was nobody near me and then the scoreboard pops up and came back with my body on the floor and from being 10 points in the lead we were now 70 points behind.
>
> This happened over 10 times… more like twice that. Will have to watch the film to be sure but it sure as hell is dodgy. We weren’t even lagging when the game was running. If it was laggy I would expect the game to restart… but no lag and then the game freezes for everyone but the blues?
>
> If this was just lag or a Waypoint server issue then yeah… could be legit. But what happened had all the hallmarks of someone using a Lag Switch. I so wish the FileShare was up and running so I could show you guys this game.

Fileshare does work if searching by gamertag.

Put up the clip.

I also had an Oddball game where my team went blackscreen when we were at 298 and the other team was at 242, then when we came back the other team got a miraculous 58 seconds in the 15 seconds we were back in game.

I’ve put up the game on my fileshare.

After watching the video though it doesn’t show the game going the restarting menu but it does keep saying “Infinity Slayer” like it does at the start of every game.

There ARE indication in the game though… these are the highlights.

2:13-2:40 WTF? God knows how I died here because I was out of the game at that point.
4:30 Infinity Slayer - Game restarted
6:04 Infinity Slayer - and again
7:49 Infinity Slayer - and again
8:04 Return to the Battlefield
8:57 Return to the Battlefield
9:05 Infinity Slayer - and again
9:24 Infinity Slayer - and again

Those are the ones that stick out. The problem was that the scoreboard on a black screen (the one where you choose hosts) pops up often for 3-5 seconds after the 2:10 mark but all it shows in the video is me pausing. Watch from my perspective. Not laggy but there are some lag delays in kills (when I killed the AFK guy it paused mid assassination).

It also looks like I am going around the map while drunk but that was because the game kept going to the -Yoink!- Starting Game scoreboard.

I’m going to get my game recording hardware out I think and start recording games directly. Some of these things that happen are totally bonkers

lagswitch still exist???

Oh, I forgot to mention there was one intriguing kill I made.

I threw a plasma grenade at this guy and the thing went right over his shoulder by about 5ft and then boomeranged mid-air and then hit him from behind… and that wasn’t kill cam heh.

I’ll put those up on my fileshare too.

> lagswitch still exist???

very much so yes they do…

yup very much does.

> Fileshare does work if searching by gamertag.

How do you get access to the fileshare then? Just tried searching on my gamertag but it just shows my profile.

Tbh i don’t play on weekends.
From about 3pm gmt on a weekends the game becomes full off odditys.
Getting killed from behind walls. kill cams showing the killer was aiming miles away.
And about 9000 other things.

Game seems much better during the week.

idk why but this game makes me feel like Halo 2 all over again. TBH i love it!! i think they where standbying haha like back in halo 2!!!

> Tbh i don’t play on weekends.
> From about 3pm gmt on a weekends the game becomes full off odditys.
> Getting killed from behind walls. kill cams showing the killer was aiming miles away.
> And about 9000 other things.
>
> Game seems much better during the week.

Yeah, I hear ya Knight O m4re. I have been in games at the weekend that lag so much it’s like I am having blackouts all through the game… and rubberbanding is so bad that it is impossible to aim at someone.

Funniest one was where I was on Complex in a Ghost. One second I am on the ground, next second I was on top of a building… then the ghost got launched so high while spinning that I was nearly dead from being outside of the map… but I came down and spotted someone and tried to ram them… BLINK!.. and now I am flying off the cliff and out to sea lol.

It obviously wasn’t just me as players left the map in droves until there were only 3 people left in a BTB game and it was STILL lagging like a -Yoink!-.

> lagswitch still exist???

It does, and 343 is doing a pitiful job catching it compared to Bungie. The amount of deliberate lag switching I’ve seen in this game is mind boggling. Take the switching I saw in H3 and Reach, combine them, then tripple it, and that’s the amount I’m seeing in H4.

This is what I see in my theator after playing matches on Exile…

My team kills their guass hog.
2 Blue team members run towards the guass hog spawn, and stand there for a second.
Then blackscreen happens
Blackscreen is removed, and they immediately jump back into the hog
Happens multiple times per match when they do this

Now I could understand it being accidental blackscreen except for the fact that a blue guy deliberately runs and stands next to the guass spawn, where there is nothing there, no tactical advantage, no power weapons, NOTHING, zero reason to be there. Then the game blackscreens, and he immediately hops into the guass hog.

I’ve also had it where I came across the tank as it spawned, so I thought “Might as well, better than letting the enemy have it”. I got in it, then drove out. As SOON as the enemy team saw me it blackscreened. Once blackscreen was lifted I was unexplicably dead some how. Every time my team controlled a power vehicle that match, it mysteriously black screened, then when it lifted our vehicle was destroyed.

I also had a game where it black screened at least 20 times. It black screened, the game played for ONE SECOND, then black screened again. This repeated until every vehicle my team controlled was destroyed. Not black screen from people quitting, everybody stayed.

If those examples I gave weren’t the deliberate and malicious acts of a person with a lag-switch, then I don’t know what is.

Yeah Arbiter… and I bet the theatre mode didn’t show the -Yoink!- black screens like mine. Just hear “Infinity Slayer - Eliminate the enemy team to win” from the announcer a lot.

oh yes the dreaded scoreboard screen. That has got to be one of the most annoying issues in halo 4. I’ve pretty much given up playing the game until this is corrected. I can’t even go a game without this hapeening atleast 4 times a game. All I can do is sit there and look at the scoreboard and see the numbers jump all over the place, or hear ppl on my team through the mic complaing that a teammate is just standing there(me).

> Just had a very interesting game… interesting because every time our team went into the lead the game would show the scoreboard and says Starting Game… but when we come back in we would be behind again.
>
> I had it where there was nobody near me and then the scoreboard pops up and came back with my body on the floor and from being 10 points in the lead we were now 70 points behind.
>
> This happened over 10 times… more like twice that. Will have to watch the film to be sure but it sure as hell is dodgy. We weren’t even lagging when the game was running. If it was laggy I would expect the game to restart… but no lag and then the game freezes for everyone but the blues?
>
> If this was just lag or a Waypoint server issue then yeah… could be legit. But what happened had all the hallmarks of someone using a Lag Switch. I so wish the FileShare was up and running so I could show you guys this game.

Were you playing against someone in Australia/New Zealand with their budget dial up internet connection?

God knows but everyone had a red mark next to their name IIRC. I never even thought to look for one that DIDN’T have a mark… but if everyone DID have a mark then how could they still be killing our team.

I’v only seen it twice, Screen went black and when i came back i had re-spawned. wasn’t playing attention to the scoreboard though.