Ok so now i'm more confused.

So I understand that when you buy CEA that it comes with a code for the map pack. My question is can you play the Halo: Reach maps on CEA? Also when you select the Anniversary multiplayer option from the menu on CEA does that take you to Reach or what?

If you have both, you can download the Anniversary maps onto the Reach disk and play it from there, instead of switching disks every time.

in one of the Halo fest Panels Frankie said that if Reach was installed to your HDD then you could access the Reach maps from your CEA disc, but i’m starting to think he is wrong because that is the only time i Heard it mentioned.

skip to 43:10 to see it what i’m talking about

someone go Holmes on this and find out for the rest of us. thank you.

From my understanding and some answers from one of my threads, it seems like you can install the CEA maps onto your HDD and play them on the Reach disc, meaning you can access every map (Reach originals, DLC, CEA) on one disc. Otherwise, you would have to switch discs if you wanted to play Arena or MLG, since the only Playlists supported by the CEA disc are the Anniversary Playlists.

> Fit seems like you can install the CEA maps onto your HDD and play them on the Reach disc, meaning you can access every map (Reach originals, DLC, CEA) on one disc.

This is correct. Like the other guy posted, I’m pretty sure that you’ll be able to install Reach to your hard drive and play the Reach maps on the CEA disc, but it was only mentioned once.

> From my understanding and some answers from one of my threads, it seems like you can install the CEA maps onto your HDD and play them on the Reach disc, meaning you can access every map (Reach originals, DLC, CEA) on one disc. Otherwise, you would have to switch discs if you wanted to play Arena or MLG, since the only Playlists supported by the CEA disc are the Anniversary Playlists.

So will CEA have playlists? Or will those Anniversary playlists mentioned in the Halo bulletin only be on Reach.

> > From my understanding and some answers from one of my threads, it seems like you can install the CEA maps onto your HDD and play them on the Reach disc, meaning you can access every map (Reach originals, DLC, CEA) on one disc. Otherwise, you would have to switch discs if you wanted to play Arena or MLG, since the only Playlists supported by the CEA disc are the Anniversary Playlists.
>
> So will CEA have playlists? Or will those Anniversary playlists mentioned in the Halo bulletin only be on Reach.

The Anniversary playlist will be playable with H:CEA and Reach(if you have the maps)

If all else fails just wait till tuesday and see what happens :slight_smile:

So let’s clarify the question:

Can I trade in Reach and play the Reach maps, including Forge World maps, if I have the CEA disc, with OR without installing Reach to the HDD?

> So let’s clarify the question:
>
> Can I trade in Reach and play the Reach maps, including Forge World maps, if I have the CEA disc, with OR without installing Reach to the HDD?

Unless I’m wrong about the whole “installing Reach to your hard drive” thing then you’ll have to keep Reach if you want to play on the Reach maps.

> If all else fails just wait till tuesday and see what happens :slight_smile:

Seems like this is the best plan.

From what I have read in the Bulitins…

If you only have CEA, then you can play the 7 maps online from the CEA Disc.

If you have Reach, you can use a code that allows you to download the 7 maps as DLC so you can play them all on Halo Reach.

If you are not getting CEA, then you will have to wait for the Map Packs in due course.

It was hinted at halo fest, that if you had Reach installed on your HDD, then you could play all the maps from the CEA disc, however nothing more has beed said on this topic so I would assume that you can’t.

> From what I have read in the Bulitins…
>
> If you only have CEA, then you can play the 7 maps online from the CEA Disc.
>
> If you have Reach, you can use a code that allows you to download the 7 maps as DLC so you can play them all on Halo Reach.
>
> If you are not getting CEA, then you will have to wait for the Map Packs in due course.
>
> It was hinted at halo fest, that if you had Reach installed on your HDD, then you could play all the maps from the CEA disc, however nothing more has beed said on this topic so I would assume that you can’t.

This basically correct. Here are the experiences you can expect:

I own Anniversary and Reach. I can play all the Anniversary maps via the CEA disc. I can use the included map code to download the Anniversary maps to Halo: Reach. That way I can play all the maps (Reach, Noble, Defiant, Anniversary) from the Reach disc.

I own Reach and purchase the Anniversary map pack as seperate DLC. I can play all the maps that I’ve purchased (Reach, Noble, Defiant, Anniversary) from the Reach disc.

I own Anniversary but NOT Reach. I can play all the Anniversary maps and playlists via the CEA disc. If I want to play the Halo: Reach (disc and DLC) maps, I will need to purchase Halo: Reach. At which point I can the included map code to download the Anniversary maps to Halo: Reach. That way I can play all the maps (Reach, Noble, Defiant, Anniversary) from the Reach disc.

What you will not be able to do is use your Reach install files to play the Reach maps via the CEA disc. Any quotes that say otherwise were either slight mistatements or taken out of context. We recognize that this can be a bit complicated, but we think this game is well worth it. :slight_smile: