Ok so melee what's the deal

I’m not criticizing the game necessarily, I am just wondering what the ins and outs are of how it works in halo 5. I am still sort of used to Halo 3 since I played Reach for a little but essentially skipped from 3 to 5. And there it was a 1 hit kill essentially.

I feel like there are multiple permutations where I get confused by the outcome of a melee battle. Now, I am fully acknowledging that maybe sometimes in these circumstances I’m not remembering my health bar and their’s (by visual) properly, but yea I’m not sure I feel like weird things happen often enough that there’s just info I’m missing.

sometimes I’ll have shot the person, then meleed, not kill them, but they will kill me 1 hit when I am at full health.
sometimes I’ll get hit in the back with one hit then die, while there are times I will do the same thing and not kill a person
sometimes we will both shoot at eachother, then both melee, I die, but they don’t.

Now, here are the things I’m wondering.

Does location matter “where” you hit them?
Do different weapons (other than melee weapons obviously) do different damage?
Does the percentage on your shield matter?
If weapons all have equal damage, where is the threshold for a one hit kill?
How much more damage does a spartan charge do?
Does a lunging melee attack (not spartan charge) do more damage than a non lunge?

and so on. I’m not critiquing the game, but I think I will just have a better grasp when to engage in the future

<mark>Do not post spam.</mark>

Deal or nuu del

Any strike to the back is an instant one-hit kill
Besides melee weapons the only weapons with increased melee damage are the ones that have the energy bayonet
Percentage of shield does matter, if you are low enough a melee strike will one hit you (I don’t know exact percentage)
Spartan charge is subject to the same rules as regular melee, one hit from behind, two from anywhere else
Lunging melee does not do more (I think) it just closes the distance

> 2533274843154893;1:
> Does location matter “where” you hit them?
> Do different weapons (other than melee weapons obviously) do different damage?
> Does the percentage on your shield matter?
> If weapons all have equal damage, where is the threshold for a one hit kill?
> How much more damage does a spartan charge do?
> Does a lunging melee attack (not spartan charge) do more damage than a non lunge?
>
> and so on. I’m not critiquing the game, but I think I will just have a better grasp when to engage in the future

Yes. Front hits are 2 Melees. Back hits (assassinations/beat downs) = 1 hit.
yes. Full shields = 2 melee. Half shield or less = 1.
What?
It’s the same, it’s basically a super lunge when sprinting. For those chase down kills ideally.
lunge melee and non moving melee are roughly the same.

I liked that the brute shot and rocket launcher dealt more dmg with melee. You could one hit kill with a brute shot melee to the head.

> 2533274909139271;4:
> > 2533274843154893;1:
> > Does location matter “where” you hit them?
> > Do different weapons (other than melee weapons obviously) do different damage?
> > Does the percentage on your shield matter?
> > If weapons all have equal damage, where is the threshold for a one hit kill?
> > How much more damage does a spartan charge do?
> > Does a lunging melee attack (not spartan charge) do more damage than a non lunge?
> >
> > and so on. I’m not critiquing the game, but I think I will just have a better grasp when to engage in the future
>
>
> Yes. Front hits are 2 Melees. Back hits (assassinations/beat downs) = 1 hit.
> yes. Full shields = 2 melee. Half shield or less = 1.
> What?
> It’s the same, it’s basically a super lunge when sprinting. For those chase down kills ideally.
> lunge melee and non moving melee are roughly the same.

the “What?” question was pretty much asking what your previous answer was in the event that all melee attacks did the same amount of damage. Threshold for 1 hit kill being half shield or less.

Thanks for all the answers -

Follow up question is then, is there a visual cue when a player is at one hit kill threshold? I know your shields start to go crazy with the lighting around your body when you are low, but not sure if that visual cue is far beyond the immediate threshold.

> 2533274843154893;6:
> > 2533274909139271;4:
> > > 2533274843154893;1:
> > > Does location matter “where” you hit them?
> > > Do different weapons (other than melee weapons obviously) do different damage?
> > > Does the percentage on your shield matter?
> > > If weapons all have equal damage, where is the threshold for a one hit kill?
> > > How much more damage does a spartan charge do?
> > > Does a lunging melee attack (not spartan charge) do more damage than a non lunge?
> > >
> > > and so on. I’m not critiquing the game, but I think I will just have a better grasp when to engage in the future
> >
> >
> > Yes. Front hits are 2 Melees. Back hits (assassinations/beat downs) = 1 hit.
> > yes. Full shields = 2 melee. Half shield or less = 1.
> > What?
> > It’s the same, it’s basically a super lunge when sprinting. For those chase down kills ideally.
> > lunge melee and non moving melee are roughly the same.
>
>
> the “What?” question was pretty much asking what your previous answer was in the event that all melee attacks did the same amount of damage. Threshold for 1 hit kill being half shield or less.
>
> Thanks for all the answers -
>
> Follow up question is then, is there a visual cue when a player is at one hit kill threshold? I know your shields start to go crazy with the lighting around your body when you are low, but not sure if that visual cue is far beyond the immediate threshold.

Shield flare yellow = low shield strength. Melee should kill those people or leave them weak to 1 bullet of any kind.