Ok Maybe the teen rating was pretty bad

Ok now I see because I used to think that halo being rated teen was good it wasn’t really because the fortnite kids are dropping in…

Yes, it’s good that the rating is Teen or M even if it doesn’t meet the qualifications for M because that keeps the Fortnite kids off of the game. If it was 10+ or Teen like Fortnite, ( Fortnite should not be rated Teen, it’s 10+) the kids that play it would ruin Halo. I dont want to play a game with a bunch of 5 years Olds that can’t pronounce Forerunner.

Whether it’s rated M or T, I don’t mind as long as I get enjoyment out of it.

Not happy in the slightest but again it’s not like our mom and dad didn’t mind buying Halo ce back in the day so who knows maybe it’s better for the community growths but we lost something in return.

> 2535448020156833;1:
> Anyone else happy that halo is rated teen? and why do you think that? I do because I feel like it has no reason to be Mature, its not like its doom eternal. Sure it says the A word and that stuff but thats mild! their have been many teen games that have had someone say the S word like 20 times in a row, thats why I am happy now.

Time change quite a lot since the late 90s and early 2000s But againg back then our parents didn’t care as long as we didn’t do something stupid or not studying.
Parents these day are way to soft.

As long as the ratings aren’t affecting creativity I have no issue with it whatsoever and welcome as broad a church as possible to the community

Halo does need a more mature audience. i for example am 15 but i do have a sense of maturity when I play halo. (the reason why i do not have any hours on my Microsoft account is that i play it on a friends xbox/PC) the problem with a younger audience is that they tend to be especially toxic towards inferior players and they typically become abusive when you start dominating them in gameplay.

I would rather an M rating so that things like blood splatter, flood dismemberment, etc won’t be cartoony

> 2535416643322350;7:
> Halo does need a more mature audience. i for example am 15 but i do have a sense of maturity when I play halo. (the reason why i do not have any hours on my Microsoft account is that i play it on a friends xbox/PC) the problem with a younger audience is that they tend to be especially toxic towards inferior players and they typically become abusive when you start dominating them in gameplay.

Quite right. It does get annoying when people spam/spawn kill you in games…
That would be my toxic point. But yes a lot of people seem to rage on just about any online game and probably even offline games when they lose. Kinda ruins online gaming when you have a 7 year old screaming in your ear.

> 2535413107551836;2:
> Yes, it’s good that the rating is Teen or M even if it doesn’t meet the qualifications for M because that keeps the Fortnite kids off of the game. If it was 10+ or Teen like Fortnite, ( Fortnite should not be rated Teen, it’s 10+) the kids that play it would ruin Halo. I dont want to play a game with a bunch of 5 years Olds that can’t pronounce Forerunner.

Haha yes I agree!

> 2535416643322350;7:
> Halo does need a more mature audience. i for example am 15 but i do have a sense of maturity when I play halo. (the reason why i do not have any hours on my Microsoft account is that i play it on a friends xbox/PC) the problem with a younger audience is that they tend to be especially toxic towards inferior players and they typically become abusive when you start dominating them in gameplay.

I’d have to agree you’ve got a point. But I’m talking about the more mature groups of younger audiences, not the ones that scream through their mics like banshees because they lost a game of Halo four.

> 2535460842004315;5:
> > 2535448020156833;1:
> > Anyone else happy that halo is rated teen? and why do you think that? I do because I feel like it has no reason to be Mature, its not like its doom eternal. Sure it says the A word and that stuff but thats mild! their have been many teen games that have had someone say the S word like 20 times in a row, thats why I am happy now.
>
> Time change quite a lot since the late 90s and early 2000s But againg back then our parents didn’t care as long as we didn’t do something stupid or not studying.
> Parents these day are way to soft.

I don’t really mean that I’m proud about the more younger audiences, I mean I’m more proud of that it lost it’s M rating because it should’ve been teen all along. Sure there’s killing and flood but its not like DOOM ETERNAL? DOOM ETERNAL earns its M rating because you cut demons in half not just shoot them a couple of times with a gun and then they die.

> 2533274794684102;8:
> I would rather an M rating so that things like blood splatter, flood dismemberment, etc won’t be cartoony

I get it. I do think that 343 should have the creativity that they want, but they limited themselves. The fans never limited anything.

> 2535448020156833;12:
> > 2535460842004315;5:
> > > 2535448020156833;1:
> > > Anyone else happy that halo is rated teen? and why do you think that? I do because I feel like it has no reason to be Mature, its not like its doom eternal. Sure it says the A word and that stuff but thats mild! their have been many teen games that have had someone say the S word like 20 times in a row, thats why I am happy now.
> >
> > Time change quite a lot since the late 90s and early 2000s But againg back then our parents didn’t care as long as we didn’t do something stupid or not studying.
> > Parents these day are way to soft.
>
> I don’t really mean that I’m proud about the more younger audiences, I mean I’m more proud of that it lost it’s M rating because it should’ve been teen all along. Sure there’s killing and flood but its not like DOOM ETERNAL? DOOM ETERNAL earns its M rating because you cut demons in half not just shoot them a couple of times with a gun and then

The Flood in some games does earn the M, because it is somewhat like CoD zombies. Not sure why Halo 4 is M tho

If I have to be seriously honest about this, the ESRB is really EVERYTHING wrong with video game age rating systems as a whole. If you did some research on the ESRB and their rating process, you would be disgusted to know that it is actually incredibly flawed and often extremely inaccurate mainly because it doesn’t even encompass everything included in the game, plus anything hidden in the game files. In addition, the ESRB’s logic is really just stupid: they are perfectly A-okay with microtransaction-heavy games (e.g. NBA 2K20) being rated Everyone and thus being deemed suitable for kids, yet as soon as they spot even a small blood puddle or a slightly revealing outfit for a female character, they become trigger-happy enough to assign a much harsher Mature rating (or worse, Adults Only, but thankfully that is exceedingly rare). ARE YOU SERIOUS?! Not only that, the ESRB’s ratings are actually too broad! It enrages me how the ESRB thinks Halo, a sci-fi game that really is oriented towards at least a teenage audience, is deserving of the same age rating as a clearly 18±oriented game like Wolfenstein, DOOM, or especially GTA. If you ask me, it’s way past time for these video game age rating systems to be overhauled because it’s already been proven TIME AND TIME again that violence in video games does NOT make people become violent in real life.

I do remember that Microsoft was hoping for a Teen rating for Halo CE, but unfortunately for them, the ESRB and the people who run it really get so upset over blood (esp. blood puddles, including the ones in the level 343 Guilty Spark) that they assigned Halo CE to 4 a Mature rating, which if you ask me makes ZERO sense. The violence level in Halo has always been on par with the average Star Wars movie, which by comparison gets the common PG-13 rating (basically the movie equivalent of a Teen rating), except that Halo gets a bit more blood (yes, there is gibbing, but even then it’s not THAT frequent or realistic) and swearing. MS was so upset with the ESRB that they were forced to reduce the blood in Halo 5 just to get it the Teen rating that the previous games should have gotten in the first place. And yet, people in the Halo community complained. Seriously? Supporting a problematic video game rating system giving Halo a higher rating than it deserved? I am so disappointed.

And about the Flood, Halo Wars 2 has quite a realistic depiction of the Flood (especially shown in cutscenes), and yet that still gets a Teen rating (PEGI 16 in Europe, USK 12 in Germany, CERO C[15+] in Japan).

TL;DR - Halo being rated T is not the problem, the ESRB as a whole (including their rating process) IS the real problem.

> 2535412187252726;15:
> If I have to be seriously honest about this, the ESRB is really EVERYTHING wrong with video game age rating systems as a whole. If you did some research on the ESRB and their rating process, you would be disgusted to know that it is actually incredibly flawed and often extremely inaccurate mainly because it doesn’t even encompass everything included in the game, plus anything hidden in the game files. In addition, the ESRB’s logic is really just stupid: they are perfectly A-okay with microtransaction-heavy games (e.g. NBA 2K20) being rated Everyone and thus being deemed suitable for kids, yet as soon as they spot even a small blood puddle or a slightly revealing outfit for a female character, they become trigger-happy enough to assign a much harsher Mature rating (or worse, Adults Only, but thankfully that is exceedingly rare). ARE YOU SERIOUS?! Not only that, the ESRB’s ratings are actually too broad! It enrages me how the ESRB thinks Halo, a sci-fi game that really is oriented towards at least a teenage audience, is deserving of the same age rating as a clearly 18±oriented game like Wolfenstein, DOOM, or especially GTA. If you ask me, it’s way past time for these video game age rating systems to be overhauled because it’s already been proven TIME AND TIME again that violence in video games does NOT make people become violent in real life.
>
> I do remember that Microsoft was hoping for a Teen rating for Halo CE, but unfortunately for them, the ESRB and the people who run it really get so upset over blood (esp. blood puddles, including the ones in the level 343 Guilty Spark) that they assigned Halo CE to 4 a Mature rating, which if you ask me makes ZERO sense. The violence level in Halo has always been on par with the average Star Wars movie, which by comparison gets the common PG-13 rating (basically the movie equivalent of a Teen rating), except that Halo gets a bit more blood (yes, there is gibbing, but even then it’s not THAT frequent or realistic) and swearing. MS was so upset with the ESRB that they were forced to reduce the blood in Halo 5 just to get it the Teen rating that the previous games should have gotten in the first place. And yet, people in the Halo community complained. Seriously? Supporting a problematic video game rating system giving Halo a higher rating than it deserved? I am so disappointed.
>
> And about the Flood, Halo Wars 2 has quite a realistic depiction of the Flood (especially shown in cutscenes), and yet that still gets a Teen rating (PEGI 16 in Europe, USK 12 in Germany, CERO C[15+] in Japan).
>
> TL;DR - Halo being rated T is not the problem, the ESRB as a whole (including their rating process) IS the real problem.

I have to agree that minecraft rated 10+ was the worst idea known to video game man kind.

So now I see, some of you disagree, and some of you don’t. I am very happy to hear all of your opinions and I wanted to say that even though that Halo is rated teen, it still has some downsides. So I made a pros and cons list!
Pros:
-The community will expand
-Its better because now the teens that listen to the ESBR ratings can play halo
-More friends can hop on
-Maybe it will be enough to keep bots Away!

Cons:
-Fortnite kids will now probably come on halo
-Xbox 360 mics are coming back
-Flood deserve the M and don’t have it (may lead to the flood being very basic)

If you guys would like to add anything to my pros and cons list please reply to this message and tell me what you would like to add!

> 2535412187252726;15:
> If I have to be seriously honest about this, the ESRB is really EVERYTHING wrong with video game age rating systems as a whole. If you did some research on the ESRB and their rating process, you would be disgusted to know that it is actually incredibly flawed and often extremely inaccurate mainly because it doesn’t even encompass everything included in the game, plus anything hidden in the game files. In addition, the ESRB’s logic is really just stupid: they are perfectly A-okay with microtransaction-heavy games (e.g. NBA 2K20) being rated Everyone and thus being deemed suitable for kids, yet as soon as they spot even a small blood puddle or a slightly revealing outfit for a female character, they become trigger-happy enough to assign a much harsher Mature rating (or worse, Adults Only, but thankfully that is exceedingly rare). ARE YOU SERIOUS?! Not only that, the ESRB’s ratings are actually too broad! It enrages me how the ESRB thinks Halo, a sci-fi game that really is oriented towards at least a teenage audience, is deserving of the same age rating as a clearly 18±oriented game like Wolfenstein, DOOM, or especially GTA. If you ask me, it’s way past time for these video game age rating systems to be overhauled because it’s already been proven TIME AND TIME again that violence in video games does NOT make people become violent in real life.
>
> I do remember that Microsoft was hoping for a Teen rating for Halo CE, but unfortunately for them, the ESRB and the people who run it really get so upset over blood (esp. blood puddles, including the ones in the level 343 Guilty Spark) that they assigned Halo CE to 4 a Mature rating, which if you ask me makes ZERO sense. The violence level in Halo has always been on par with the average Star Wars movie, which by comparison gets the common PG-13 rating (basically the movie equivalent of a Teen rating), except that Halo gets a bit more blood (yes, there is gibbing, but even then it’s not THAT frequent or realistic) and swearing. MS was so upset with the ESRB that they were forced to reduce the blood in Halo 5 just to get it the Teen rating that the previous games should have gotten in the first place. And yet, people in the Halo community complained. Seriously? Supporting a problematic video game rating system giving Halo a higher rating than it deserved? I am so disappointed.
>
> And about the Flood, Halo Wars 2 has quite a realistic depiction of the Flood (especially shown in cutscenes), and yet that still gets a Teen rating (PEGI 16 in Europe, USK 12 in Germany, CERO C[15+] in Japan).
>
> TL;DR - Halo being rated T is not the problem, the ESRB as a whole (including their rating process) IS the real problem.

Your right. They let Halo slide on the descripters( shows what’s in the game under the age rating) and it’s usually more strict than the movie rating people. It’s a very inaccurate rating company and there isn’t much point to it in lots of games now. The company seems biased towards certain games. Like Fortnite. It should be 10+!

> 2535448020156833;17:
> So now I see, some of you disagree, and some of you don’t. I am very happy to hear all of your opinions and I wanted to say that even though that Halo is rated teen, it still has some downsides. So I made a pros and cons list!
> Pros:
> -The community will expand
> -Its better because now the teens that listen to the ESBR ratings can play halo
> -More friends can hop on
>
> Cons:
> -Fortnite kids will now probably come on halo
> -Xbox 360 mics are coming back
> -Flood deserve the M and don’t have it (may lead to the flood being very basic)
>
> If you guys would like to add anything to my pros and cons list please reply to this message and tell me what you would like to add!

It’s better with Teen content and an M title. Maybe it will be enough to keep bots Away!

> 2535413107551836;19:
> > 2535448020156833;17:
> > So now I see, some of you disagree, and some of you don’t. I am very happy to hear all of your opinions and I wanted to say that even though that Halo is rated teen, it still has some downsides. So I made a pros and cons list!
> > Pros:
> > -The community will expand
> > -Its better because now the teens that listen to the ESBR ratings can play halo
> > -More friends can hop on
> >
> > Cons:
> > -Fortnite kids will now probably come on halo
> > -Xbox 360 mics are coming back
> > -Flood deserve the M and don’t have it (may lead to the flood being very basic)
> >
> > If you guys would like to add anything to my pros and cons list please reply to this message and tell me what you would like to add!
>
> It’s better with Teen content and an M title. Maybe it will be enough to keep bots Away!

done