Ok I'm calling it.

Well we have all seen this spartan and using the halo attachment on Facebook to catch up on everything revealed so far apparently John Holmes (may have the first name wrong) said that the ONI spartan is a new character and apparently not female so my idea is this it is a A.I in a human variant of Promethean armour. As for who the A.I is I’m not sure but anyway that’s my 2 cents.

Has the ONI emblem on it so it’s most likely not Forerunner armor.

It’s most likely Marlowe, a new character they’ve been establishing.

“Human variant of Promethean armor”? What does that even mean? An AI? Why?

I think the new guy’s just a Spartan wearing GEN2…

Who is Marlowe and where have they been establishing it? Clearly I’m not reading all my lore.

Many have suggested its a women which has been rebuked and as stated on the FB attachment I’ve never seen a man with slim hips like that true some of the GEN-2 variants give the wearer a feminine figure. But as I said it’s my 2 cents as for what promethian armour variant means= spartan armour created using the basis of a Promethean warrior basically instead of a ancient human in digitised form inside of an armoured shell it’s a human A.I inside of a A.I controlled spartan armour set and looking at its sleek un encumbering look others have called it the forerunner armour and seeing as I think it’s an A.i in spartan armour it’s more a kin to a Promethean.

I haven’t heard about any Marlowe character, but I think it was said on a tweet that this was a completely new character,which I understand as no appearances before Halo 5:Guardians.

> Who is Marlowe and where have they been establishing it? Clearly I’m not reading all my lore.

Ridley Scott’s project is about a Spartan named Marlowe.

Colter is expected to play Marlowe, a rising star in a futuristic army who is troubled by aspects of the military industrial complex he inhabits. Approaching combat situations with caution and logic, he inspires loyalty in his fellow Spartans.http://www.thewrap.com/halo-digital-feature-mike-colter-ridley-scott-good-wife/

> > Who is Marlowe and where have they been establishing it? Clearly I’m not reading all my lore.
>
> Ridley Scott’s project is about a Spartan named Marlowe.
>
> Colter is expected to play Marlowe, a rising star in a futuristic army who is troubled by aspects of the military industrial complex he inhabits. Approaching combat situations with caution and logic, he inspires loyalty in his fellow Spartans.http://www.thewrap.com/halo-digital-feature-mike-colter-ridley-scott-good-wife/

Thanks Lycan, appreciate the info. I thought he was in Halo: Escalation since I haven’t read the comic series. When did they announce they were doing a separate series featuring this Marlowe guy? Im assuming all we know is that he will be featured in this show.

> Thanks Lycan, appreciate the info. I thought he was in Halo: Escalation since I haven’t read the comic series. When did they announce they were doing a separate series featuring this Marlowe guy? Im assuming all we know is that he will be featured in this show.

Couple of weeks ago. Its comment about focusing on a spartan other than master chief didn’t seem like a big deal until H5:G gave us a picture of a spartan other than chief.

Marlowe? Generous bit of information there!

I think he’s most likely the replacement for Chief that we heard Halsey talk about in H4 Prologue. And his name Marlowe from the new series, which gives him some background, maybe.
I also thought it was a female spartan at first. Naomi was my guess. But after they revealed that it’s a new character and a male, I was totally clueless until I heard about Marlowe.

Sounds reasonable enough. Maybe the campaign will be split up and shared by both of them. Chief will be on a journey to save Halsey while this new guy, possibly Marlowe is on a mission to kill her??

What if, you play as Marlowe and you need to kill Chief? You could have Chief in your sights but as a player there is nothing you can do but snipe him dead in the head. That would be a fascinating/emotional moment, seeing Chief drop to the floor knowing it was you who pulled the trigger. (Obviously later he somehow survived the shot but we don’t need to know that)

> “Human variant of Promethean armor”? What does that even mean? An AI? Why?
>
> I think the new guy’s just a Spartan wearing GEN2…

Take a look at the under-layering. It’s not a flexible rubber substance, it’s just more hard-armour plating. That leads me to believe what’s inside isn’t human at all, but a machine, likely controlled by an AI.

Ridiculous theory time.

A fragment of Chakas/343 was put into the suit by ONI and is now under their orders.

That desert looks pretty hot, but our mystery new character still has their helmet on? I think it’s obvious that they’re trying to hide their appearance, which suggests it’s going to be a Flood combat form with social anxiety disorder. Just wait, you’ll see.

> Ridiculous theory time.
>
> A fragment of Chakas/343 was put into the suit by ONI and is now under their orders.

Chakaspark pretty much hijacked the UNSC Rubicon and went away with it. So, unless ONI managed to recover the vessel from wherever it went (probably Path Kethona), it wouldn’t make much sense for them to have the composed personality of the being and be able to put it into a combat-ready physical form.

Also, Primordium took place in 2559. Assuming that Halo 5 is taking place before then, or during then, ONI certainly wouldn’t be able to recover the Rubicon.

A new non female character = AI? How about the far more likely alternative - a new non female character is a male.

Your logic doesn’t hold.

Anyway, does the UNSC really have the technology to build a drone which perfectly mimics the human form?

Well since both Halsey and Cortana made references to the Chief being replaced in Halo 4; I wouldn’t doubt if thats the new Master Chief and we’ll be doing a parallel journey like Halo 2.

> That desert looks pretty hot, but our mystery new character still has their helmet on? I think it’s obvious that they’re trying to hide their appearance, which suggests it’s going to be a Flood combat form with social anxiety disorder. Just wait, you’ll see.

I feel like this could be the start of a wonderful sitcom.