Ok guys, try this skill test.

Go in to a custom game and have the game mode on FFA.

Walk up to each other and have one guy stand still while you are looking at him.
Start to spin around. Every time your reticle crosses over him watch how much it slows you down and sticks to him.

Now try to strafe side to side and watch how much the reticle sticks to him as it crosses over him.

That’s why strafing is not as effective as it is in halo 2,3. It has nothing to do with player speed.

The fact of the matter is that if in COD the red dot is glue then the reticle in H4 is super glue. Sorry for the cod reference but I had to have something to compare it to.

SEE IT, SEE IT NOW. THERE IS NO SKILL IN HALO 4.

All you have proven is that halo 4 has a lot of aim assist. I agree that halo 4 takes less skill than previous games but to say it takes 0 skill is just ludicrous.

> Walk up to each other and have one guy stand still while you are looking at him.
> Start to spin around. Every time your reticle crosses over him watch how much it slows you down and sticks to him.
>
> Now try to strafe side to side and watch how much the reticle sticks to him as it crosses over him.

News:

Past Halos worked the same way. Having an enemy cross in front of you at 90 degrees to your motion would pull you 30 degrees off course in CE.

Legacy Halo Aim Assist

H4 may have a bit more aim assist than 2 or 3, but I’ve had many an enemy cross in front of me, and I can say that it isn’t much more - and definitely less than CE.

The real reason H4 feels so different is not the aim assist. It’s combining hitscan with past levels of bullet magnetism.

its acutaly alot less skill than reach cause in reach to shoot with magnitizim took alot of qualifications as to h4 its a givin let alone the grenades when thrown on h4 as soon as your reticle starts positioning it bends the grenade path to stick the player 80% of the time and its about 90% easyer than it was in reach.

that said reach grifball was more skill since you had the evade
unlike h4 grifball that lacks that option but has ball toss it traded on strategy for another when it needs both.

I could tell you anything about the bugs in reach that take skill and mastery to use in an advantage

just as I can tell you there is no such thing in H4 only that its to simple to master and Im already set on going back to reach just for that reason and even if its servers may nolonger be updated for playlist it still has a stronger security against hackers.

makeing a bigger skill jump among players even if there is no 1-50 honestly it might as well not even exist untill the assist is cut down

im with you halo 4 does suck plays way to much like cod and i hate it.

> Past Halos worked the same way. Having an enemy cross in front of you at 90 degrees to your motion would pull you 30 degrees off course in CE.
>
> Legacy Halo Aim Assist
>
> H4 may have a bit more aim assist than 2 or 3, but I’ve had many an enemy cross in front of me, and I can say that it isn’t much more - and definitely less than CE.
>
> The real reason H4 feels so different is not the aim assist. It’s combining hitscan with past levels of bullet magnetism.

Ideally, in my opinion, you should have projectile weapons with significant magnetism and low aim assist, or hitscan weapons with low magnetism and significant aim assist.

Magnetism -Yoink!- you in leading correctly, while aim assist -Yoink!- you in having your crosshair on the enemy.

Reach had it pretty much perfect in my opinion. I don’t see why they changed it.

Also, the OP hasn’t proven anything. To my knowledge aim assist only works when the enemy is moving.

> Ideally, in my opinion, you should have projectile weapons with significant magnetism and low aim assist, or hitscan weapons with low magnetism and significant aim assist.

100% agree.

> Magnetism -Yoink!- you in leading correctly, while aim assist -Yoink!- you in having your crosshair on the enemy.

I believe that was the original purpose of magnetism, since originally the weapons were ballistic.

> Reach had it pretty much perfect in my opinion. I don’t see why they changed it.

No personal data to say one way or the other.

> Also, the OP hasn’t proven anything. To my knowledge aim assist only works when the enemy is moving.

I agree on the first part. For the second, aim assist has multiple parts:

1. Reticule adhesion: This is the portion of aim assist that describes how well a moving target drags your reticule. For this effect to occur, both the shooter and the target must be moving (as the shooter’s center-of-view does not change when the shooter is stationary).

2. Reticule friction: This is the portion of aim assist that describes how well the reticule - once red - sticks to a stationary target while the shooter moves.

In both cases, the shooter needs to move. The target may be stationary, however, for the friction part.