OK guys, lets clear up what a "true fan" really is

A true fan of something is a fan of what something is. Not what it is becoming.
For example, if dubstep was considered rock. A true fan of rock would not like listening to dubstep. He would listen to what in his opinion was the good stuff.

Same thing goes to halo.

Am i saying that halo should stay the same game after game after game? no.
The essence of halo gameplay (the core gameplay) still needs to be there.
And based on what we’ve heard so far about halo 4, its not.

So yea.

Exactly. I see people posting that they will buy Halo 4 no matter what, and I just don’t understand that. Is Halo literally just a name to you?

> A true fan of something is a fan of what something is. Not what it is becoming.
> For example, if dubstep was considered rock. A true fan of rock would not like listening to dubstep. He would listen to what in his opinion was the good stuff.
>
> Same thing goes to halo.
>
> Am i saying that halo should stay the same game after game after game? no.
> The essence of halo gameplay (the core gameplay) still needs to be there.
> And based on what we’ve heard so far about halo 4, its not.
>
> So yea.

but we still know next to nothing about halo 4.

until 343i clears things up.

I consider myself a “true” fan of Halo. No one has the right to tell me otherwise.

I enjoyed Halo 3, and I enjoyed Halo Reach despite all the hate.

But I have some serious concerns about Halo 4.

> I consider myself a “true” fan of Halo. No one has the right to tell me otherwise.

> Am i saying that halo should stay the same game after game after game? no.
> The essence of halo gameplay (the core gameplay) still needs to be there.
> And based on what we’ve heard so far about halo 4, its not.

This is the problem. We haven’t seen how any of this new stuff works, so you can’t say that it destroys the “essence of Halo” because we don’t know how it affects it in the first place.

> I consider myself a “true” fan of Halo. No one has the right to tell me otherwise.

What makes halo halo to you?

Im simply saying that people who like halo because its called halo and will play it because its a halo game are not true fans, they just think they are.

Can’t I like Halo without having a label attached to me? Who cares who is more of a fan than who. If you want to play Halo 4, go ahead. If you don’t, don’t. It doesn’t matter.

> > Am i saying that halo should stay the same game after game after game? no.
> > The essence of halo gameplay (the core gameplay) still needs to be there.
> > And based on what we’ve heard so far about halo 4, its not.
>
> This is the problem. We haven’t seen how any of this new stuff works, so you can’t say that it destroys the “essence of Halo” because we don’t know how it affects it in the first place.

YES WE CAN.
1st part of core gameplay: EVERYONE STARTS OFF THE SAME.
Thats obviously gone.
AND ITS THE BIGGEST PART.

> > I consider myself a “true” fan of Halo. No one has the right to tell me otherwise.
>
> What makes halo halo to you?
>
> Im simply saying that people who like halo because its called halo and will play it because its a halo game are not true fans, they just think they are.

And your the authority on who is more of a fan than who?

Lol I’m not even going to read your reply.

I think of Halo as a universe. I’m open to gameplay change, just as long as the story doesn’t turn into some cheesy 80’s action film, where Master Chief can flip over a Warthog and then give some awful one-liner about not spilling his Coke. As long as the story is intact, bring on the change.

if you consider yourself a fan of something then you ARE a fan of that thing! because being a fan of something is simply liking it.

> > > I consider myself a “true” fan of Halo. No one has the right to tell me otherwise.
> >
> > What makes halo halo to you?
> >
> > Im simply saying that people who like halo because its called halo and will play it because its a halo game are not true fans, they just think they are.
>
> And your the authority on who is more of a fan than who?
>
> Lol I’m not even going to read your reply.

because you know ill win, amirite?
I didnt say anyone is a bigger fan than anyone else. I simply said you cant be a true fan of something just because of its name.

> > A true fan of something is a fan of what something is. Not what it is becoming.
> > For example, if dubstep was considered rock. A true fan of rock would not like listening to dubstep. He would listen to what in his opinion was the good stuff.
> >
> > Same thing goes to halo.
> >
> > Am i saying that halo should stay the same game after game after game? no.
> > The essence of halo gameplay (the core gameplay) still needs to be there.
> > And based on what we’ve heard so far about halo 4, its not.
> >
> > So yea.
>
> but we still know next to nothing about halo 4.
>
> until 343i clears things up.

We know the multiplayer is basically CoD in space.

> if you consider yourself a fan of something then you ARE a fan of that thing! because being a fan of something is simply liking it.

wrong, its liking it because of its concepts, not because it is simply there and other people like it.

I have enjoyed every halo game (for different reasons), and thus I will be buying and enjoying Halo 4. I am fairly confident that I will get many hours of fun out of it, regardless of what new changes they decide to implement. In my opinion, that makes me a fan of the halo series.

All I know is according to this community, anyone who played Halo since C.E. is a “true fan”.

> > if you consider yourself a fan of something then you ARE a fan of that thing! because being a fan of something is simply liking it.
>
> wrong, its liking it because of its concepts, not because it is simply there and other people like it.

WHAT? I can be a fan of anything I want for any reason.

> All I know is according to this community, anyone who played Halo since C.E. is a “true fan”.

anyone who likes the concept of halo ce is a true fan.