Oh, so you don't like the TU cHAnges?

“WELL THEN SCREW YOU!” - Love, 343

One by one, each and every -Yoink!- playlist is getting infected with that horrible Title Update. The bleedthrough changes made in the TU are absolutely pathetic, and 343 doesn’t care.

Apparently, their logic is: ADD TONS OF NEW PLAYLISTS! REMOVE THE OLD ONES LIKE PREMIUM SLAYER AND PREMIUM BATTLE! DLC you ask? SCREW DLC OWNERS! ADD EVEN MORE UNNECESSARY PLAYLISTS AND THEN APPLY A TU TO THE REMAINING ONES! :slight_smile:

I wonder how long will it be until the whole game has that 4-shot DMR applied.

> “WELL THEN SCREW YOU!” - Love, 343
>
> One by one, each and every -Yoink!- playlist is getting infected with that horrible Title Update. The bleedthrough changes made in the TU are absolutely pathetic, and 343 doesn’t care.
>
> Apparently, their logic is: ADD TONS OF NEW PLAYLISTS! REMOVE THE OLD ONES LIKE PREMIUM SLAYER AND PREMIUM BATTLE! DLC you ask? SCREW DLC OWNERS! ADD EVEN MORE UNNECESSARY PLAYLISTS AND THEN APPLY A TU TO THE REMAINING ONES! :slight_smile:
>
> I wonder how long will it be until the whole game has that 4-shot DMR applied.

Not sure how long I will be able to play this. Hopefully Halo 4 comes out early.

Its not effecting the population what so ever.

You guys are a minority.

QQ

> Its not effecting the population what so ever.
>
> You guys are a minority.
>
> QQ

>
>
> I wonder how long will it be until the whole game has that 4-shot DMR applied.

It’s still a 5sk. shows how much you know.

haters going to hate lol

I for one, do enjoy the changes the TU has brought for Reach (in exception of Bleed-through and ZB). But I do agree that 343 should keep a few playlist with the default settings.
Regarding the removal of Premium Slayer and Premium battle playlists, the reason for its removal was due to low population in those playlist (less than 500 players at least). Squad DLC is the playlist the community has been asking ever since the removal of those two. And even though the community got their wish, the playlist is on probationary status due to the low population of those playlists.

> • Squad DLC added. All DLC included/required.
>
> When Premium Battle was removed, threads about its disappearance slowly began cropping up. We adjusted the Matchmaking algorithm to match players who have DLC with other players who have DLC more often, but we noticed many players saying they still weren’t getting enough DLC to satisfy their map-related cravings. So we’re bringing a premium list back in the form of 6v6 DLC Slayer. This list is being introduced on a probationary status due to the low population previously experienced in Premium Battle.

Besides, it all depends on the community feedback whether they want TU settings in a certain playlist.

>
> One by one, each and every -Yoink!- playlist is getting infected with that horrible Title Update.

There are 2 types if viruses.

Those that most people know that work against you and other, such as the TU, that work for your own good.

I say “Bring on the infection!”

Also, should of this been B.net, you would of been flooded by “adapt” messages.

> I for one, do enjoy the changes the TU has brought for Reach (in exception of Bleed-through and ZB). But I do agree that 343 should keep a few playlist with the default settings.
> Regarding the removal of Premium Slayer and Premium battle playlists, the reason for its removal was due to low population in those playlist (less than 500 players at least). Squad DLC is the playlist the community has been asking ever since the removal of those two. And even though the community got their wish, the playlist is on probationary status due to the low population of those playlists.
>
>
> > • Squad DLC added. All DLC included/required.
> >
> > When Premium Battle was removed, threads about its disappearance slowly began cropping up. We adjusted the Matchmaking algorithm to match players who have DLC with other players who have DLC more often, but we noticed many players saying they still weren’t getting enough DLC to satisfy their map-related cravings. So we’re bringing a premium list back in the form of 6v6 DLC Slayer. This list is being introduced on a probationary status due to the low population previously experienced in Premium Battle.
>
> Besides, it all depends on the community feedback whether the want TU setting in a certain playlist.

I believe 343 bases it on how the TU effects the population. If it decreases the population. They will not roll it out, If it increases it or it stays stabilized. That only shows the community that does not mind it. Can’t take the feedback very serious when people blame the settings for doing bad.

> Regarding the removal of Premium Slayer and Premium battle playlists, the reason for its removal was due to low population in those playlist (less than 500 players at least).

I could name a few playlist that have had dismal population numbers, that nobody paid extra for and they were allowed to remain. Low population resulting in removal of a playlist would mean 343 should remove Arena, co-op campaign, MLG, TU beta and Im sure I could come up with a few more.

> Squad DLC is the playlist the community has been asking ever since the removal of those two. And even though the community got their wish, the playlist is on probationary status due to the low population of those playlists.

Most of the threads I saw were people asking for that exact playlist to come back, not one that required all DLC, because if you think I am going to buy any more DLC after this little stunt, I wont. I dont want to get ripped off, I suppose I should be happy that I got as many games as I did before they dropped a playlist I payed for in favor of a TU beta playlist that attracts a wopping 500 or so people at peak time. Ironicly this playlist was used to test/justify how great the TU is for Reach, yet after two weeks that playlist fell to the dismal population it has now, so apparently the majority of players did not care for it. Im just not sure how someone looked at the trends in the TU beta playlist and thought “oh yeah, this is wildly popular” and I think I never will.

> Besides, it all depends on the community feedback whether they want TU settings in a certain playlist.

I see alot of people asking why the basic mechanics of a game that seems to play well enough (I know, I seriously must be ignorant to think this way) are being changed after over a year. I see TU settings changing population in competitive playlist very little if at all.

Now we are going to see what happens to the population in BTB, what was a basic “vanilla” playlist, didnt 343 say that was not going to happen? I cant wait to see how popular those changes are going to be in that playlist.

> I see alot of people asking why the basic mechanics of a game that seems to play well enough (I know, I seriously must be ignorant to think this way) are being changed after over a year.

Nobody got any good reasons as to “why now”.
Why not months sooner.

> I could name a few playlist that have had dismal population numbers, that nobody paid extra for and they were allowed to remain. Low population resulting in removal of a playlist would mean 343 should remove Arena, co-op campaign, MLG, TU beta and Im sure I could come up with a few more.
> Most of the threads I saw were people asking for that exact playlist to come back, not one that required all DLC, because if you think I am going to buy any more DLC after this little stunt, I wont. I dont want to get ripped off, I suppose I should be happy that I got as many games as I did before they dropped a playlist I payed for in favor of a TU beta playlist that attracts a wopping 500 or so people at peak time. Ironicly this playlist was used to test/justify how great the TU is for Reach, yet after two weeks that playlist fell to the dismal population it has now, so apparently the majority of players did not care for it. Im just not sure how someone looked at the trends in the TU beta playlist and thought “oh yeah, this is wildly popular” and I think I never will.
> I see alot of people asking why the basic mechanics of a game that seems to play well enough (I know, I seriously must be ignorant to think this way) are being changed after over a year. I see TU settings changing population in competitive playlist very little if at all.
>
> Now we are going to see what happens to the population in BTB, what was a basic “vanilla” playlist, didnt 343 say that was not going to happen? I cant wait to see how popular those changes are going to be in that playlist.

Well I must have misunderstood. I thought they were asking for a playlist similar to the Premium Slayer/Battle playlists where they would be able to play on DLC maps. I’m not a big BTB player but I think that having one playlist dedicated to all slayer and the other all objective lead the playlists to their downfall. Simply changing from one playlist to another to play a different gametype on the same maps would have been solved if it was just one playlist with slayer and objective gametypes.
I know what you mean. Having BTB with its original setting for more than a year as well as being the place were default Reach players would enjoy the game it was pre-TU, I understand why they are mad.

They just added a DLC playlist that uses vanilla reach.

DMR is still 5 shot. Adding new settings should not inhibit your ability to count.

> > I see alot of people asking why the basic mechanics of a game that seems to play well enough (I know, I seriously must be ignorant to think this way) are being changed after over a year.
>
> Nobody got any good reasons as to “why now”.
> Why not months sooner.

Bungie did not want to patch reach even though every halo got a major patch. 343i decided that it needed a patch even though reach is more then a year old.

> > I see alot of people asking why the basic mechanics of a game that seems to play well enough (I know, I seriously must be ignorant to think this way) are being changed after over a year.
>
> Nobody got any good reasons as to “why now”.
> Why not months sooner.

Frankly, Kira these settings have not proven to be wildly popular anywhere else but on forums. The Arena which got a bloom adjustment has not seen even a rise in population of 200 players at peak time even with a population boost that appears to be in the 20,000 to 40,000 (due to various factors) and Arena cant pull more than 1-2% of that? People think bloom adjustments and AA nerfs or potential removal of AA is going to help population in playlist and its not.

Custom challenges and the new maps have most likely made ten times more customers happy then every bloom adjustment and AA nerf combined times 20. I guess I am going to have to wait and see if 343 is going to use more of their time adjusting bloom and nerfing AA for people that dislike Reach and most likely always will or giving fans of Reach more Reach in their Reach.

I know more Reach in Reach actually causes you pain Kira, and that is my point, they will never be able to make this game live up to your expectations, so why not hook up the fans that enjoy it rather than try and please those that flat out hate it, its a waste of time and resources.

> Frankly, Kira these settings have not proven to be wildly popular anywhere else but on forums. The Arena which got a bloom adjustment has not seen even a rise in population of 200 players at peak time even with a population boost that appears to be in the 20,000 to 40,000 (due to various factors) and Arena cant pull more than 1-2% of that? People think bloom adjustments and AA nerfs or potential removal of AA is going to help population in playlist and its not.

Let’s say the real things about arena.
Jetpack
Crappy maps…
It sucks… it’s just one of the “nice” ideas that were poorly implemented by Bungie.

And let’s be honest, you can polish a turd as much as you want, at the end of the day, it’s just a glorified ball of turd.

The TU is a nice addition but too little too late.
Reach is just Reach, no matter the amount of TU you put into it, a large number of players will simply be tuned off by it’s name.

Little off-topic about population:
I logged on a couple of times last week during regular work hours to notice a sad little population of 40-60k players.
I remember logging onto H3 and finding 100-150k players 24/7

> Bungie did not want to patch reach even though every halo got a major patch. 343i decided that it needed a patch even though reach is more then a year old.

Wouldn’t… or couldn’t…

> Well I must have misunderstood. I thought they were asking for a playlist similar to the Premium Slayer/Battle playlists where they would be able to play on DLC maps.

I will speak for myself and say, I wanted a playlist where I did not have to buy any new DLC to play the DLC that I already bought and had a playlist for, until it was removed and replaced by the new and improved DLC playlist which requires another 15 dollars to play. The new playlist, which as you pointed out is on a probationary basis and could be removed if enough players that have now paid for three map packs, dont play. This is not a very good selling point for me putting more money into DLC, just saying.

> I’m not a big BTB player but I think that having one playlist dedicated to all slayer and the other all objective lead the playlists to their downfall. Simply changing from one playlist to another to play a different gametype on the same maps would have been solved if it was just one playlist with slayer and objective gametypes.

Im not sure on this one, I have played my fair share of BTB and I really dont care for the objective stuuff, I just wanted to play with the big toys, not play capture the flag, which is ok, but just not for me.

> I know what you mean. Having BTB with its original setting for more than a year as well as being the place were default Reach players would enjoy the game it was pre-TU, I understand why they are mad.

I honestly dont care, TU settings, vanilla settings, I do fine, I just know, even a single new reforged map for BTB would have pleased so many more players than these lame settings tweeks 343 seems hell bent on pushing into as many playlist as they can.

The frustration for me, is watching a developer jump through hoops for players that have a never ending list of tweeks to do to Reach, who will never actually be completely pleased no matter how much 343 does. When did developers start caring more about players that hate their product, then those that love it?

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.

Ive been a defender of Reach almost from the beginning. I have thoroughly enjoyed my experience w/ it more than any previous Halo single player or multiplayer game. I think it is EXCELLENT (Although clearly has its flaws). Even w/ its flaws however I still believe it to be the funnest Halo game to date. Comments like, “You can’t polish a…” are idiotic.

WITH THAT SAID I MUCH MUCH prefer the TU settings most notably the bleed through. (I @ first did not think I would) It allows for more aggressive gameplay which Reach needed especially on maps like Sword Base where it would turn into a top level camp - fest and a who gets the sniper and sword first. I won’t go deep into the benefits of bleed through but to me thats the main one… not to mention it does away w/ the idea of I shoot you 3 times w/ the DMR and melee, you shoot me none and melee and we are both equal in health. W/ bleed through the does not happen. (Which I find to be good… it makes sense. It was in previous Halos I’m not sure why they didn’t do that here)

How much OP have you played w/ these new settings? Have you tried Squad Slayer? If not you should… though it doesn’t have sword base you can be much more aggressive and less restricted to stand right by your team mates which I prefer. AL had become annoying in Team Slayer as well. I could see and argument for keeping it in BTB but other than that I think it should be removed from match making as well… medic drop shield was. Keep the rest of the AA though I really like them a lot.

> > Now we are going to see what happens to the population in BTB, what was a basic “vanilla” playlist, didnt 343 say that was not going to happen? I cant wait to see how popular those changes are going to be in that playlist.
>
> TU had no impact on the population of the playlist.
>
> Inb4 its the weekend. The Update was out Tuesday. Don’t throw the Arena card either. It was dead before the TU and its dead now.