oh god - don't make chief heavier...

Please 343 do NOT make Master Chief heavier and don’t change his appearance. Mark VI was so cool and there is no need to change it… and how would it change since it starts off from Halo 3? It wouldn’t make sense. Please don’t go through with this!

SOURCE!

…Masterchief has always been that heavy. They’re describing that they want the armor to -feel- like how it should. They didn’t necesarrily mean gameplay mechanics, so much as appearance as far as I’m concerned.

Honestly, I think that his “heaviness” will be conveyed visually and aurally, rather than via any sort of gameplay-altering mechanics. I’m assuming, for example, that they’re going to add a dull “clunking” sound when the Master Chief drops from a considerable height, and perhaps deepen the sound of his footsteps (which in previous games have made it sound as though he was wearing tap dancing shoes).

I love his new look!

What they mean about his weight is that now you will feel like you’re 800 pounds of war-machine.:smiley:

I wouldn’t trust that post anyway. Unless its here on Waypoint, or backed up by a ton of sources, I won’t believe anything about Halo 4. Especially because the people who made that post thought the Chief had a jetpack in the reveal.

I think they’re talking about how they’re going to make the chief sound when he walks, He is wearing armor that weighs a ton.

I don’t understand how people say they want a drastic change in gameplay for Halo 4 but complain when Master Chief’s armor is changed in the slightest?

> I don’t understand how people say they want a drastic change in gameplay for Halo 4 but complain when Master Chief’s armor is changed in the slightest?

Because people are too damn picky, and some people want 343i to be lazy -Yoinks!- and copy what Bungie did in a past game.

> Please 343 do NOT make Master Chief heavier and don’t change his appearance. Mark VI was so cool and there is no need to change it… and how would it change since it starts off from Halo 3? It wouldn’t make sense. Please don’t go through with this!
>
>
> SOURCE!

Obviously you know NOTHING about Mjolnir armour…His armour has ALWAYS been 800 lbs. What they’re doing is making it so that the player can “feel” the weight, when they play the game. I like this idea, that means that player physics will be far enhanced…Sounds quite amazing to me.

And there are MANY of us here, that like his new armour, some people have to adjust to it…Remember Halo:Ce and Halo 2? His armour was drastically changed back then, too.

Also, Halo 4 is about 4 years after the events of halo 3.

I really hope I can hear my big metal boots smash the ground when I land from a jump, also walking should have a bit of a metal clinging noise as well. Even melees should sound more brutal.

Also vehicle crashes should sound more brutal. If you hit a spartan with a warthog it should be like driving in to a loose metal wall.

> > Please 343 do NOT make Master Chief heavier and don’t change his appearance. Mark VI was so cool and there is no need to change it… and how would it change since it starts off from Halo 3? It wouldn’t make sense. Please don’t go through with this!
> >
> >
> > SOURCE!
>
> Obviously you know NOTHING about Mjolnir armour…His armour has ALWAYS been 800 lbs. What they’re doing is making it so that the player can “feel” the weight, when they play the game. I like this idea, that means that player physics will be far enhanced…Sounds quite amazing to me.
>
>
> And there are MANY of us here, that like his new armour, some people have to adjust to it…Remember Halo:Ce and Halo 2? His armour was drastically changed back then, too.
>
> Also, Halo 4 is about 4 years after the events of halo 3.

No, if you read Primordium you would know that it takes place around a year or two after Halo 3.

> > > Please 343 do NOT make Master Chief heavier and don’t change his appearance. Mark VI was so cool and there is no need to change it… and how would it change since it starts off from Halo 3? It wouldn’t make sense. Please don’t go through with this!
> > >
> > >
> > > SOURCE!
> >
> > Obviously you know NOTHING about Mjolnir armour…His armour has ALWAYS been 800 lbs. What they’re doing is making it so that the player can “feel” the weight, when they play the game. I like this idea, that means that player physics will be far enhanced…Sounds quite amazing to me.
> >
> >
> > And there are MANY of us here, that like his new armour, some people have to adjust to it…Remember Halo:Ce and Halo 2? His armour was drastically changed back then, too.
> >
> > Also, Halo 4 is about 4 years after the events of halo 3.
>
> No, if you read Primordium you would know that it takes place around a year or two after Halo 3.

Cortana is 7 years old in halo 4. She started service November 7, 2549. And halo 3’s storyline ended in 2552. That’s a 4 year gap. Halo 4’s storyline starts MUCH later than a mere year.

> > > > Please 343 do NOT make Master Chief heavier and don’t change his appearance. Mark VI was so cool and there is no need to change it… and how would it change since it starts off from Halo 3? It wouldn’t make sense. Please don’t go through with this!
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > SOURCE!
> > >
> > > Obviously you know NOTHING about Mjolnir armour…His armour has ALWAYS been 800 lbs. What they’re doing is making it so that the player can “feel” the weight, when they play the game. I like this idea, that means that player physics will be far enhanced…Sounds quite amazing to me.
> > >
> > >
> > > And there are MANY of us here, that like his new armour, some people have to adjust to it…Remember Halo:Ce and Halo 2? His armour was drastically changed back then, too.
> > >
> > > Also, Halo 4 is about 4 years after the events of halo 3.
> >
> > No, if you read Primordium you would know that it takes place around a year or two after Halo 3.
>
> Cortana is 7 years old in halo 4. She started service November 7, 2549. And halo 3’s storyline ended in 2552. That’s a 4 year gap. Halo 4’s storyline starts MUCH later than a mere year.

I don’t want to spoil anything, just read Primordium.

They want him to FEEL heavy, not BE heavy. They mean having things in the game that make him seem as heavy as he’s supposed to be, like dust clouds appearing or cracks in the floor when you land after jumping. Stuff like that.

Also 343 haven’t given a reason as to why he has new armour other than they want him to have new armour. I can guarantee that there’ll be a proper reason why he has new armour. He won’t just appear with it at the beginning of the game.

> > > > > Please 343 do NOT make Master Chief heavier and don’t change his appearance. Mark VI was so cool and there is no need to change it… and how would it change since it starts off from Halo 3? It wouldn’t make sense. Please don’t go through with this!
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > SOURCE!
> > > >
> > > > Obviously you know NOTHING about Mjolnir armour…His armour has ALWAYS been 800 lbs. What they’re doing is making it so that the player can “feel” the weight, when they play the game. I like this idea, that means that player physics will be far enhanced…Sounds quite amazing to me.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > And there are MANY of us here, that like his new armour, some people have to adjust to it…Remember Halo:Ce and Halo 2? His armour was drastically changed back then, too.
> > > >
> > > > Also, Halo 4 is about 4 years after the events of halo 3.
> > >
> > > No, if you read Primordium you would know that it takes place around a year or two after Halo 3.
> >
> > Cortana is 7 years old in halo 4. She started service November 7, 2549. And halo 3’s storyline ended in 2552. That’s a 4 year gap. Halo 4’s storyline starts MUCH later than a mere year.
>
> I don’t want to spoil anything, just read Primordium.

This game isn’t halo 4: Primordium. That’s all I need to say, really. Halo 4 = 2556.

Master Cheif won’t be heavier, don’t worry. There’s an orignal news of that from here in the Waypoint news.

343 news said that they wanted to show the weight physic in the terms of how being a spartan feels like. I think… whoops. I forgot one part but I think it said that his suit would be lighter. I might have picked that up from a fan website or here…

> Please 343 do NOT make Master Chief heavier and don’t change his appearance. Mark VI was so cool and there is no need to change it… and how would it change since it starts off from Halo 3? It wouldn’t make sense. Please don’t go through with this!
>
>
> SOURCE!

maybe you sould catch up on halo lore dude.
spartans armor weighs tons
how ever this new armor looks lighter?
and more flexible.

Do not make the chief heavier! I’ve gotten used to his fast speed since Halo 2. That was one of my turn offs in Reach that you were slow as hell. He’s a super soldier for goodness sake!

I hope that it’s only gonna be visual and audio stuff like other people suggested and not actually slowing him down or lowering his jump height or anything like that.

You missed the point. Master Chief will be “heavy” and “strong”, but will be able extremely “agile” and “quick”. So it will be awesome.