OG haloCE and halo2 (non anniversary) not working

On Christmas of 2018 I got an xbox360 with haloCE all the way up to halo4 but the original haloCE and halo2 discs for the original xbox but when I tried them in the 360 they wouldn’t work. So pretty much I can’t play them and I still can’t figure out why they won’t work on 360 seeing as it was mentioned at some point that the OG xbox games would be able to work on 360. Does anyone have any clue why Microsoft would pull a -Yoink- move and not make OG xbox games work on a 360?

Just loaded up the original versions of CE and 2 and they work fine.
What error message are you getting? I got ‘Unrecognized disc/disc unreadable’ on one copy of 2, but that’s attributable to a big ol’ notch in the disc.
May seem like a silly question, but does your 360 have a hard drive? It needs one for backwards compatibility.

I can’t remember what the messages were and the Xbox was most likely acquired through eBay, so idk if it has a hard drive. Although at the time I wrote this reply I checked the disks and they’re fine.

You need an official Microsoft-branded Xbox 360 hard drive to play original Xbox games on an Xbox 360.

> 2535425271455392;4:
> You need an official Microsoft-branded Xbox 360 hard drive to play original Xbox games on an Xbox 360.

This ^ important info to keep in mind, if you aren’t sure.