OG Beam Rifle confirmed

In the background of one of the new images released, a Spartan can be seen with an OG Beam Rifle on his back. The main difference between the new Beam Rifle and the old one is the more pronounced hand-guard thing below the grip, which the new Beam Rifle lacks. This is compounded by the fact that the bottom row of REQs on the poster bear a similar silhouette to the OG Beam Rifle.

For comparison:
New
Old

Nice

Added profiles of both Beam Rifle Versions. Definitely the Old version.

How would they make it differ I wonder?

> 2533275022416367;4:
> How would they make it differ I wonder?

My hope is that they make it function more like the Focus Rifle. But I’m not sure. Maybe it deals more damage? But three variants seems like a bit much.

Ah yes, exactly what we needed/wanted. A new beam rifle. lolz.

For me the picture of the new beam rifle is just your stats

> 2533274814935823;6:
> Ah yes, exactly what we needed/wanted. A new beam rifle. lolz.

Would have preferred a Focus Rifle…

I’ve never been a huge fan of the beam rifle but it’s still cool they are bringing in the original version of some weapons.

> 2533274842997033;7:
> For me the picture of the new beam rifle is just your stats

Open the picture

Is it going to overly overheat like the old beam rifles?

Atleast we don’t have Jackals using these old Beam Rifles on Legendary… I hope.

> 2533274950478805;1:
> In the background of one of the new images released, a Spartan can be seen with an OG Beam Rifle on his back. The main difference between the new Beam Rifle and the old one is the more pronounced hand-guard thing below the grip, which the new Beam Rifle lacks. This is compounded by the fact that the bottom row of REQs on the poster bear a similar silhouette to the OG Beam Rifle.
>
> For comparison:
> New
> Old

Is it just me or does that “Spartan” with the OG Beamer look more like the Ranger Elite from Reach?

> 2533274873873545;11:
> Is it going to overly overheat like the old beam rifles?

Probably. I’ll play a bit of MCC later for a more accurate comparison.

Where did you get the image? Twitter isn’t loading for me, so I was wondering if I could find it somewhere else.

Glad 343 is STILL focusing their efforts on producing all of this “important, much needed” content!

Seriously, what could be more trivial? We already have a Beam Rifle that looks 85% the same as the old, and functions exactly the same… What a joke.

> 2533274873580796;16:
> Glad 343 is STILL focusing their efforts on producing all of this “important, much needed” content!
>
> Seriously, what could be more trivial? We already have a Beam Rifle that looks 85% the same as the old, and functions exactly the same… What a joke.

Would you prefer the Focus Rifle? Or the Brute Spiker you’ll never use? Or how about that Mauler? Heard it was only useful duel-wielded. Chill, dude. People love their Snipes anyways. I legitimately can’t think of another weapon that they could add to Halo 5 that people would actually use.

What will be different besides the way it looks though? any word on that?

Cool.

Cool find OP. I’m wondering how it will differ from the one we have now. Maybe it won’t advertise your location to the world when you’re zoomed in.