Currently I am without live because of payment issues so I’m trying to work that out but I’m not posting this to tell the world I can’t play online. See after this little bump in the road I truly realized how bad halo 5 really was. People without xbox live are stuck with just the campaign. Removing split screen was obviously the biggest cause of this and I know that it has been confirmed to return in halo 6. But I think it needs to be taken a step further. In order to keep halo 6 interesting and get more people to buy it, specifically people who don’t want to or can’t pay for xbox gold, there needs to be plenty of offline options. Split screen and campaign will only keep you interested for so long unless the campaign is just that good. Here’s a few things that 343 should consider if they want to stretch the amount of replay value in halo 6.

Firstly we need firefight. Whether it be an objective based firefight like warzone or classic firefight, there has to be some form of fire fight. Heck even something similar to spartan ops.

AI custom games. This is different than adding ai to forge. Games like overwatch and titan fall have options to have cpu’s in a custom games. Halo could definetly benefit by having some ai spartans to take the place of actual players in case an offline player doesn’t have any one home to play with.

You probably should’ve seen this comming, ai in forge. This will greatly increase replay value as we can build our own levels and missions. Even recreate old halo missions or try and simulate a level from another game. As far as scripting the ai, just have difficulty based on easy through legendary as usual, have an option to select the weapon it uses, and have a behavior setting. the behavior setting will choose whether they remain stationary meaning they stay within a certain radius, or patrol which is set by placing patrol markers and just pick a channel like alpha or bravo then set the patrol channel to the same as the markers on the ai.

Longer campaign. Seriously halo 5 was easy to get through. And rather than experiment with gameplay mechanics like spartan abilities, how about experiment with the way the campaign tells the story or adding some new aspects. There’s those space battles everyone asks for, have some various types of bosses, maybe even have a portion of a mission take place in zero G, and don’t rush the story. Remember that if the campaign is good then that alone might make up for lack of offline options. The original halo trilogy had some pretty good campaigns and we still play them today.

Finally, put as much content in the game at launch. There are a lot of non live users that couldn’t get the updates right away so just put as much as possible in at the beginning and if there’s a bug then focus your updates on fixing them rather than adding them. If you have to delay the launch then so be it. I’m sure most of us are just fine with that after experiencing the launch of halo 5.

This is all I can think of right now but if anyone has any other ideas please feel free to express them.

Yeah, people without gold are pretty much limited to just the campaign. Which imo has no replay value. An offline firefight should have been included with the game.

Yhea thats one of the reasons why split screen must be in every halo title

there definitely should be more content for offline. Though it should start with campaign people want to replay.

> 2533274890014309;4:
> there definitely should be more content for offline. Though it should start with campaign people want to replay.

This is very true. I believe 343 will add split screen to every future Halo games.

> 2533274972430429;5:
> > 2533274890014309;4:
> > there definitely should be more content for offline. Though it should start with campaign people want to replay.
>
> This is very true. I believe 343 will add split screen to every future Halo games.

I have heard the same thing which is a good thing. Though it should be a norm in Halo games and sounds like it will be again.

> 2533274890014309;6:
> > 2533274972430429;5:
> > > 2533274890014309;4:
> > > there definitely should be more content for offline. Though it should start with campaign people want to replay.
> >
> > This is very true. I believe 343 will add split screen to every future Halo games.
>
> I have heard the same thing which is a good thing. Though it should be a norm in Halo games and sounds like it will be again.

Hopefully. Though it may mean sacrificing 60 fps. Which I would be ok with.

I was so disappointed with the lack of split screen, that I didn’t play the campaign until five months after getting halo 5. Keep in mind that I don’t have Xbox Live gold. The only time I ever liked halo five was my free month of gold and those 1-Dollar 1-month deals. (I’ve had 2 of those.) That’s also how I abused the Xbox Live gold system. When Halo 5: Forge came out, that was when I played halo on the fullest servers I could find. unfortunately, offline was STILL an issue. Please, 343, if your out there, Make sure firefight (The original one) is a thing…

I absolutely agree. Very dismayed to learn that there would be no offline content other than campaign for Halo 5 - it being the first Halo yet to have such little offline content.

I understand completely that we’re very much trending toward a totally and always online world - but quite frankly, for something so simple, it would be nice to have it in the game. Some of us don’t have amazing internet, or would like to play offline with friends in customs/campaign, and there currently are no real great options for that. It makes a little sense since split-screen is missing, but that doesn’t make it a good thing.

Wholeheartedly agree with you OP, would like to see all that stuff. Unfortunately I’m not holding my breath because, the specific reason so many games lack those things anymore, is precisely to strongarm you into paying to play online. Their response to, “There’s not enough offline content”, is basically, “Then pay to go online” I’m afraid.

Yet another one of the many reasons this old geezer keeps threatening that any generation now is gonna be the one when I stop keeping up with modern video gaming and retire to retro gaming.

true true

Amen brother. All of these things would make Halo 6 a great game.

Eh. Having little offline content wouldn’t be much of a deterrent from playing for me personally. I know it is much different for many others but for me it isn’t. And this is coming from someone who had nothing but offline content for Halo up until like 2013.

My biggest annoyance is that forge isn’t playable offline, really sucks to not be able to edit my maps while offline, and since my account seems to reject Xbox live gold like its Leonardo at the Oscars (doesn’t work anymore, does it) I just have a bunch of half finished maps and stuff lying around that i cant do anything about. Lack of split-screen compounds this.