Offline Support for SpartanOps?

Now, I understand the whole marketing aspect of SpartanOps to get more people to buy XBL Gold memberships and get online for prepaid content, but hear me out.

What about those who have XBL accounts but no way to get on XBL? There are ways already of redeeming codes for avatar items through your computer browser. What if there was something similar for SpartanOps where you could download the season updates onto a memory card and then transfer them to your XBOX HDD?

I admit, this it more for my own selfish wishing than anything else. My current situation (deployment) prevents me from being able to connect to XBL (That is, unless anyone know how to do it using Sniper Hill as an ISP?).

I know the odds of this happening are slim-to-none, but hey… I can dream can’t I?

The ‘first season’ of Spartan Ops is already on the disc, I believe. Future ‘seasons’, if any, will be DLC.

> The ‘first season’ of Spartan Ops is already on the disc, I believe. Future ‘seasons’, if any, will be DLC.

No, spartan ops comes with the game They arent DLC. But you have to have gold live to unlock more missions week by week.

> > The ‘first season’ of Spartan Ops is already on the disc, I believe. Future ‘seasons’, if any, will be DLC.
>
> No, spartan ops comes with the game They arent DLC. But you have to have gold live to unlock more missions week by week.

Has it been confirmed that ALL of the Spartan Ops missions are disk locked content?

> > > The ‘first season’ of Spartan Ops is already on the disc, I believe. Future ‘seasons’, if any, will be DLC.
> >
> > No, spartan ops comes with the game They arent DLC. But you have to have gold live to unlock more missions week by week.
>
> Has it been confirmed that ALL of the Spartan Ops missions are disk locked content?

Not exactly, they DID say that you get the ENTIRE spartan ops season with your purchase of the game, however how they are rolling out the missions was still to be determined at the time of them saying this. No further word has come on the topic so I imagine E3 will reveal that.

I predict the first season will be disc locked to make things simpler and faster. If they do more seasons I imagine it would be something like DLC.

> > > > The ‘first season’ of Spartan Ops is already on the disc, I believe. Future ‘seasons’, if any, will be DLC.
> > >
> > > No, spartan ops comes with the game They arent DLC. But you have to have gold live to unlock more missions week by week.
> >
> > Has it been confirmed that ALL of the Spartan Ops missions are disk locked content?
>
> Not exactly, they DID say that you get the ENTIRE spartan ops season with your purchase of the game, however how they are rolling out the missions was still to be determined at the time of them saying this. No further word has come on the topic so I imagine E3 will reveal that.
>
> I predict the first season will be disc locked to make things simpler and faster. If they do more seasons I imagine it would be something like DLC.

I would imagine each Season would be released in between Map DLC, to give constant incentive for the player to stay on.

To the actually topic though, I believe the first season to be Disc Locked, unless it ends up being too big in the long run. It, out of all other content, can be turned into a download most easily, with least repercussions.

> I predict the first season will be disc locked to make things simpler and faster. If they do more seasons I imagine it would be something like DLC.

Which is what I said, in slightly fewer words :stuck_out_tongue:

As for directly answering the OP’s question on if offline players will get the missions unlocked: we don’t know, as, like Tsumiya posted above me, 343 hasn’t stated how they will be rolling out the missions.

Any method I can think of for them doing it would be too easily exploited to receive the missions early; so on that front its a question of which does 343 value more; offline players, or keeping anyone from getting stuff early (my bet is on the former).

Forcing people to be on Xbox Live Gold just to play Spartan Ops is just wrong in my opinion. What about people who want to play it alone?

The thing is, if they were on the disk and set to release by system date, then all you would have to do is go offline and change your system date to the future and have all SpartanOps missions unlocked. I can’t possibly see 343i doing something so exploitable like this. Yes, I would imagine the content IS on the disk to expedite things, but unavailable without special permissions from XBL. Which leads to the necessity of XBL Gold to play the missions.

You don’t need a Gold account. Silver would be more then sufficient to gain said permissions :confused:

It sounded like to me you have to download the actual missions. I doubt they could fit another campaign onto the disk, i doubt they want it to be leaked months before it is finished, and they implied it that way.

> Now, I understand the whole marketing aspect of SpartanOps to get more people to buy XBL Gold memberships and get online for prepaid content, but hear me out.

Exactly.

> What about those who have XBL accounts but no way to get on XBL? There are ways already of redeeming codes for avatar items through your computer browser. What if there was something similar for SpartanOps where you could download the season updates onto a memory card and then transfer them to your XBOX HDD?
>
> I admit, this it more for my own selfish wishing than anything else. My current situation (deployment) prevents me from being able to connect to XBL (That is, unless anyone know how to do it using Sniper Hill as an ISP?).
>
> I know the odds of this happening are slim-to-none, but hey… I can dream can’t I?

I know I’m not going to waste my Bing Reward credits that I spent months accumulating on 1 month of Gold.

Basically, this:

> Forcing people to be on Xbox Live Gold just to play Spartan Ops is just wrong in my opinion. What about people who want to play it alone?

The whole thing can be compared to PC: I’m not going to buy a gaming computer just so I can play one game.

> You don’t need a Gold account. Silver would be more then sufficient to gain said permissions :confused:

Hope you are right.

No, sorry, but it doesn’t work that way.
Once Halo 4 comes out, there will probably be a way of
obtaining them through the internet.
But such method would probably cost you… :confused:

It’s not going to happen. You need a gold Xbox Live membership to get Spartan Ops. Just use a 48 hour trial every two weeks and download every single mission on those days.

I’ve got about fifteen 48 trials that I gave to my friend. You get them with almost every single game you purchase.

For anyone who is confused, I’m pretty sure that only the first 5 missions are on the disc. Either that or none of them are on the disc.

Maybe when they said it is for golds only, they mean the online co-op and matchmaking aspects are for golds only.

I’m sure it has more to do with your spartan ops and war games load outs and xp being linked…just sayin.