Offline forge and customs

I hate when my Xbox live runs out, but sometimes I don’t have money to renew it. So, why is stuff that you don’t need more people do enjoy still online only? I would like to make a map or five when I can’t play with friends and maybe create a YouTube video with customs and theater. This is a relatively easy fix that can be accomplished in a day if you know what you’re doing. Please fix this issue soon. Thank you for letting me type my piece and criticize the game so you can fix problems that become clear and present issues on more regular basis. Hopefully the next game has offline multiplayer for me and my personal friends.

No games allow you multiplayer offline, other than on the same console? I don’t get how you want to be able to use online multiplayer customs without owning gold?

> 2533274857405414;2:
> No games allow you multiplayer offline, other than on the same console? I don’t get how you want to be able to use online multiplayer customs without owning gold? I kind of understand wanting forge, but if you can’t afford £30 a year to play on Xbox then I’m surprised you have to motivation to spend hours in forge, after all you can’t use the maps without Xbl

That’s his point…he wants to be able to use them offline.

> 2560081931056311;3:
> > 2533274857405414;2:
> > No games allow you multiplayer offline, other than on the same console? I don’t get how you want to be able to use online multiplayer customs without owning gold? I kind of understand wanting forge, but if you can’t afford £30 a year to play on Xbox then I’m surprised you have to motivation to spend hours in forge, after all you can’t use the maps without Xbl
>
>
> That’s his point…he wants to be able to use them offline.

But there is no local play so you’d be in a lobby on your own. Plus the way forge works it’s all online

> 2533274857405414;4:
> > 2560081931056311;3:
> > > 2533274857405414;2:
> > > No games allow you multiplayer offline, other than on the same console? I don’t get how you want to be able to use online multiplayer customs without owning gold? I kind of understand wanting forge, but if you can’t afford £30 a year to play on Xbox then I’m surprised you have to motivation to spend hours in forge, after all you can’t use the maps without Xbl
> >
> >
> > That’s his point…he wants to be able to use them offline.
>
>
> But there is no local play so you’d be in a lobby on your own. Plus the way forge works it’s all online

He doesn’t want forge to be all online! That’s what he’s saying the problem is!
He wants to be able to use forge offline.

Well offline forge makes no sense at all, you can’t use it? Local play is a priority before they bother with that. Why even own an Xbox one without gold? It’s like £30 that’s like 60p a week . I spend that on coffee every day?

> 2560081931056311;5:
> > 2533274857405414;4:
> > > 2560081931056311;3:
> > > > 2533274857405414;2:
> > > > No games allow you multiplayer offline, other than on the same console? I don’t get how you want to be able to use online multiplayer customs without owning gold? I kind of understand wanting forge, but if you can’t afford £30 a year to play on Xbox then I’m surprised you have to motivation to spend hours in forge, after all you can’t use the maps without Xbl
> > >
> > >
> > > That’s his point…he wants to be able to use them offline.
> >
> >
> > But there is no local play so you’d be in a lobby on your own. Plus the way forge works it’s all online
>
>
> He doesn’t want forge to be all online! That’s what he’s saying the problem is!
> He wants to be able to use forge offline.

Forge is online only

Thats a joke

And op honestly no one can argue with you for wanting offline play for anything a lot of people already stated they wanted this. I have no idea how hard it would be to make it so the game is playable offline when everything in the game is online only save the campaign but since its close to the same load in start up as campaign it might only take a month or so for 343 to get it done but that would also set behind the monthly dlcs

> 2533274857405414;6:
> Well offline forge makes no sense at all, you can’t use it? Local play is a priority before they bother with that. Why even own an Xbox one without gold? It’s like £30 that’s like 60p a week . I spend that on coffee every day?

Op isn’t you, he doesn’t have the same income, he probably has to make some cuts in his cash for other things like family for all we know, the op shouldnt be punished for that either if he wants to play a mode offline where it doesn’t effect anyone where he won’t lose his progress if the server or his internet cuts out on him.

> 2533274857405414;6:
> Well offline forge makes no sense at all, you can’t use it? Local play is a priority before they bother with that. Why even own an Xbox one without gold? It’s like £30 that’s like 60p a week . I spend that on coffee every day?

Doesn’t matter what you think of the cost, OP’s XBL runs out sometimes.

I know you can’t use it offline, that’s what he wants to change! Why do I have to keep repeating this?

> 2533274857405414;6:

Offline forge & local play would be the same thing, and there are other reasons why someone would want to play forge offline. The servers being down for example, and not wanting to lose their progress on their map they spent 3 hours on. You’re just not getting the big picture.

> 2535405450804460;7:
> > 2560081931056311;5:
> > > 2533274857405414;4:
> > > > 2560081931056311;3:
> > > > > 2533274857405414;2:
> > > > > No games allow you multiplayer offline, other than on the same console? I don’t get how you want to be able to use online multiplayer customs without owning gold? I kind of understand wanting forge, but if you can’t afford £30 a year to play on Xbox then I’m surprised you have to motivation to spend hours in forge, after all you can’t use the maps without Xbl
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > That’s his point…he wants to be able to use them offline.
> > >
> > >
> > > But there is no local play so you’d be in a lobby on your own. Plus the way forge works it’s all online
> >
> >
> > He doesn’t want forge to be all online! That’s what he’s saying the problem is!
> > He wants to be able to use forge offline.
>
>
> Forge is online only
> Thats a joke
> And op honestly no one can argue with you for wanting offline play for anything a lot of people already stated they wanted this. I have no idea how hard it would be to make it so the game is playable offline when everything in the game is online only save the campaign but since its close to the same load in start up as campaign it might only take a month or so for 343 to get it done but that would also set behind the monthly dlcs

I just find it strange that its tied to online.

EVERYTHING is on dedicated servers, and if you’re offline then you can’t connect to a dedicated server. That’s how they built the game, so at this point we’re stuck with it. They have mentioned that they are looking into a “local” forge mode, but that’s it. The best we can do is stress the importance of offline activities for Halo 6. There are advantages to having things on dedicated servers, and it seems like you aren’t aware of that aspect. At the same time, 343 has done a terrible job of making it clear to people that they can’t do anything offline, and they did a terrible job of explaining the advantages that we get with such a system.

Your statement suggesting it would be an easy, 1 day fix couldn’t be further from the truth. If you’re going to take the position that these activities should be available offline, then you’ll want to explain why you think the benefits of offline activities outweigh the benefits of dedicated servers.

Offline forge would be great, especially since the day it came out Xbl went down. I was so angry.

> 2560081931056311;10:
> > 2535405450804460;7:
> > > 2560081931056311;5:
> > > > 2533274857405414;4:
> > > > > 2560081931056311;3:
> > > > > > 2533274857405414;2:
> > > > > > No games allow you multiplayer offline, other than on the same console? I don’t get how you want to be able to use online multiplayer customs without owning gold? I kind of understand wanting forge, but if you can’t afford £30 a year to play on Xbox then I’m surprised you have to motivation to spend hours in forge, after all you can’t use the maps without Xbl
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > That’s his point…he wants to be able to use them offline.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > But there is no local play so you’d be in a lobby on your own. Plus the way forge works it’s all online
> > >
> > >
> > > He doesn’t want forge to be all online! That’s what he’s saying the problem is!
> > > He wants to be able to use forge offline.
> >
> >
> > Forge is online only
> > Thats a joke
> > And op honestly no one can argue with you for wanting offline play for anything a lot of people already stated they wanted this. I have no idea how hard it would be to make it so the game is playable offline when everything in the game is online only save the campaign but since its close to the same load in start up as campaign it might only take a month or so for 343 to get it done but that would also set behind the monthly dlcs
>
>
> I just find it strange that its tied to online.

It was probably to save time to get it out faster to try and please people who wanted it, they just copy and pasted the vanilla game modes and added and changed around some coding for it, like take out matchmaking, add the forgeable items, allow forge controls, take out bans for quiting, but the vanilla mode was set to be only online so the forge and customs would also be set to only online. That or it makes sharing files a bit easier since they are already online

> 2535405450804460;13:
> > 2560081931056311;10:
> > > 2535405450804460;7:
> > > > 2560081931056311;5:
> > > > > 2533274857405414;4:
> > > > > > 2560081931056311;3:
> > > > > > > 2533274857405414;2:
> > > > > > > No games allow you multiplayer offline, other than on the same console? I don’t get how you want to be able to use online multiplayer customs without owning gold? I kind of understand wanting forge, but if you can’t afford £30 a year to play on Xbox then I’m surprised you have to motivation to spend hours in forge, after all you can’t use the maps without Xbl
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > > That’s his point…he wants to be able to use them offline.
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > But there is no local play so you’d be in a lobby on your own. Plus the way forge works it’s all online
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > He doesn’t want forge to be all online! That’s what he’s saying the problem is!
> > > > He wants to be able to use forge offline.
> > >
> > >
> > > Forge is online only
> > > Thats a joke
> > > And op honestly no one can argue with you for wanting offline play for anything a lot of people already stated they wanted this. I have no idea how hard it would be to make it so the game is playable offline when everything in the game is online only save the campaign but since its close to the same load in start up as campaign it might only take a month or so for 343 to get it done but that would also set behind the monthly dlcs
> >
> >
> > I just find it strange that its tied to online.
>
>
> It was probably to save time to get it out faster to try and please people who wanted it, they just copy and pasted the vanilla game modes and added and changed around some coding for it, like take out matchmaking, add the forgeable items, allow forge controls, take out bans for quiting, but the vanilla mode was set to be only online so the forge and customs would also be set to only online. That or it makes sharing files a bit easier since they are already online

I’m sure there’s a good reason for it, I’m just curious as to what it is haha

Ill pay for it m8

Apparent 343 is like other companies, as in when their servers crash, are updated or just routinely worked on - they want you to play another game instead of enjoying theirs offline. I used to forge when servers were down, so much for that

> 2560081931056311;14:
> > 2535405450804460;13:
> > > 2560081931056311;10:
> > > > 2535405450804460;7:
> > > > > 2560081931056311;5:
> > > > > > 2533274857405414;4:
> > > > > > > 2560081931056311;3:
> > > > > > > > 2533274857405414;2:
> > > > > > > > No games allow you multiplayer offline, other than on the same console? I don’t get how you want to be able to use online multiplayer customs without owning gold? I kind of understand wanting forge, but if you can’t afford £30 a year to play on Xbox then I’m surprised you have to motivation to spend hours in forge, after all you can’t use the maps without Xbl
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > That’s his point…he wants to be able to use them offline.
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > > But there is no local play so you’d be in a lobby on your own. Plus the way forge works it’s all online
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > He doesn’t want forge to be all online! That’s what he’s saying the problem is!
> > > > > He wants to be able to use forge offline.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Forge is online only
> > > > Thats a joke
> > > > And op honestly no one can argue with you for wanting offline play for anything a lot of people already stated they wanted this. I have no idea how hard it would be to make it so the game is playable offline when everything in the game is online only save the campaign but since its close to the same load in start up as campaign it might only take a month or so for 343 to get it done but that would also set behind the monthly dlcs
> > >
> > >
> > > I just find it strange that its tied to online.
> >
> >
> > It was probably to save time to get it out faster to try and please people who wanted it, they just copy and pasted the vanilla game modes and added and changed around some coding for it, like take out matchmaking, add the forgeable items, allow forge controls, take out bans for quiting, but the vanilla mode was set to be only online so the forge and customs would also be set to only online. That or it makes sharing files a bit easier since they are already online
>
>
> I’m sure there’s a good reason for it, I’m just curious as to what it is haha

Please read my post above that explains the situation.

> 2533274794242693;17:
> > 2560081931056311;14:
> > > 2535405450804460;13:
> > > > 2560081931056311;10:
> > > > > 2535405450804460;7:
> > > > > > 2560081931056311;5:
> > > > > > > 2533274857405414;4:
> > > > > > > > 2560081931056311;3:
> > > > > > > > > 2533274857405414;2:
> > > > > > > > > No games allow you multiplayer offline, other than on the same console? I don’t get how you want to be able to use online multiplayer customs without owning gold? I kind of understand wanting forge, but if you can’t afford £30 a year to play on Xbox then I’m surprised you have to motivation to spend hours in forge, after all you can’t use the maps without Xbl
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > That’s his point…he wants to be able to use them offline.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > But there is no local play so you’d be in a lobby on your own. Plus the way forge works it’s all online
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > > He doesn’t want forge to be all online! That’s what he’s saying the problem is!
> > > > > > He wants to be able to use forge offline.
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > Forge is online only
> > > > > Thats a joke
> > > > > And op honestly no one can argue with you for wanting offline play for anything a lot of people already stated they wanted this. I have no idea how hard it would be to make it so the game is playable offline when everything in the game is online only save the campaign but since its close to the same load in start up as campaign it might only take a month or so for 343 to get it done but that would also set behind the monthly dlcs
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > I just find it strange that its tied to online.
> > >
> > >
> > > It was probably to save time to get it out faster to try and please people who wanted it, they just copy and pasted the vanilla game modes and added and changed around some coding for it, like take out matchmaking, add the forgeable items, allow forge controls, take out bans for quiting, but the vanilla mode was set to be only online so the forge and customs would also be set to only online. That or it makes sharing files a bit easier since they are already online
> >
> >
> > I’m sure there’s a good reason for it, I’m just curious as to what it is haha
>
>
> Please read my post above that explains the situation.

I want to know why they made the decision, not technical side of how it works

With Halo 3 and Halo 4 I used forge frequently. I used to make all kinds of maps and most often would play them with friends that had come over on split-screen. That was my favorite feature in Halo. Now that there isn’t split-screen anymore, I haven’t even bothered with forge. I didn’t even realize until I saw this thread that forge wasn’t available offline.

> 2533274834820898;19:
> With Halo 3 and Halo 4 I used forge frequently. I used to make all kinds of maps and most often would play them with friends that had come over on split-screen. That was my favorite feature in Halo. Now that there isn’t split-screen anymore, I haven’t even bothered with forge. I didn’t even realize until I saw this thread that forge wasn’t available offline.

Not only do you have to be online for forge/customs, but you also need to have an active Xbox Live Gold subscription. That is understandably aggravating people even more.