Offline Campaign please!

Halo Infinite will hopefully have an offline Campaign like all the other Halo games.I don’t buy games that are online only everything,that’s why i also skipped Destiny.
This generation of Halo and Gears games had only Campaigns playable offline while previous games had every game mode playable offline if you wished.
Halo 5 Firefight and Forge are sadly online only,like is Gears 4/5 Horde and Escape,but still at least Campaigns are playable offline.I hope it stays that way for Infinite.

I agree. Especially for the few people (like me) that don’t have xbox live gold.

Good luck. You know it seems more and more that everything has to be online, constantly updating, and connected with a camera that sees you sitting in the living room in your underwear.

> 2533274857642512;3:
> Good luck. You know it seems more and more that everything has to be online, constantly updating, and connected with a camera that sees you sitting in the living room in your underwear.

LOL,yeh they got rid of Kinect but you never know.It kinda scares me that people will be able to stream this game on mobile phones🍘

Halo 5: Guardians (mostly) has always-online DRM, and that backfired to the point of Bonnie Ross herself having to promise it wouldn’t happen again. While 343 Industries aren’t known for their honesty, it’d be suicide to try that again.

> 2535425271455392;5:
> Halo 5: Guardians (mostly) has always-online DRM, and that backfired to the point of Bonnie Ross herself having to promise it wouldn’t happen again. While 343 Industries aren’t known for their honesty, it’d be suicide to try that again.

But you can play Campaign offline,right?

> 2533274951753761;6:
> > 2535425271455392;5:
> > Halo 5: Guardians (mostly) has always-online DRM, and that backfired to the point of Bonnie Ross herself having to promise it wouldn’t happen again. While 343 Industries aren’t known for their honesty, it’d be suicide to try that again.
>
> But you can play Campaign offline,right?

In Halo 5: Guardians? Correct. Playing the campaign by yourself and controller/video/audio settings don’t require a constant internet connection, but every other aspect of the game does.

> 2535425271455392;7:
> > 2533274951753761;6:
> > > 2535425271455392;5:
> > > Halo 5: Guardians (mostly) has always-online DRM, and that backfired to the point of Bonnie Ross herself having to promise it wouldn’t happen again. While 343 Industries aren’t known for their honesty, it’d be suicide to try that again.
> >
> > But you can play Campaign offline,right?
>
> In Halo 5: Guardians? Correct. Playing the campaign by yourself and controller/video/audio settings don’t require a constant internet connection, but every other aspect of the game does.

Nowadays even Singleplayer games always have updates,patching requierements,some are so bad that they even need full size download once again.
I buy games on disc and im expecting to play those games offline if i need to,cause mostly i play Campaign.
Now i see those games as live service for Multiplayer PvP and PvE need to be that way for balancing weapons and stuff,wish it was like before.
But Campaign should be offline with Split-screen support.

> 2533274951753761;8:
> > 2535425271455392;7:
> > > 2533274951753761;6:
> > > > 2535425271455392;5:
> > > > Halo 5: Guardians (mostly) has always-online DRM, and that backfired to the point of Bonnie Ross herself having to promise it wouldn’t happen again. While 343 Industries aren’t known for their honesty, it’d be suicide to try that again.
> > >
> > > But you can play Campaign offline,right?
> >
> > In Halo 5: Guardians? Correct. Playing the campaign by yourself and controller/video/audio settings don’t require a constant internet connection, but every other aspect of the game does.
>
> Nowadays even Singleplayer games always have updates,patching requierements,some are so bad that they even need full size download once again.
> I buy games on disc and im expecting to play those games offline if i need to,cause mostly i play Campaign.
> Now i see those games as live service for Multiplayer PvP and PvE need to be that way for balancing weapons and stuff,wish it was like before.
> But Campaign should be offline with Split-screen support.

I wouldn’t be surprised if, during or after the ninth generation of consoles, I focus entirely on older releases for that very reason. I buy physical media to preserve the things I enjoy, so once the all-digital/all-streaming day becomes completely unavoidable, new pieces of entertainment will no longer be for me.

> 2535425271455392;9:
> > 2533274951753761;8:
> > > 2535425271455392;7:
> > > > 2533274951753761;6:
> > > > > 2535425271455392;5:
> > > > > Halo 5: Guardians (mostly) has always-online DRM, and that backfired to the point of Bonnie Ross herself having to promise it wouldn’t happen again. While 343 Industries aren’t known for their honesty, it’d be suicide to try that again.
> > > >
> > > > But you can play Campaign offline,right?
> > >
> > > In Halo 5: Guardians? Correct. Playing the campaign by yourself and controller/video/audio settings don’t require a constant internet connection, but every other aspect of the game does.
> >
> > Nowadays even Singleplayer games always have updates,patching requierements,some are so bad that they even need full size download once again.
> > I buy games on disc and im expecting to play those games offline if i need to,cause mostly i play Campaign.
> > Now i see those games as live service for Multiplayer PvP and PvE need to be that way for balancing weapons and stuff,wish it was like before.
> > But Campaign should be offline with Split-screen support.
>
> I wouldn’t be surprised if, during or after the ninth generation of consoles, I focus entirely on older releases for that very reason. I buy physical media to preserve the things I enjoy, so once the all-digital/all-streaming day becomes completely unavoidable, new pieces of entertainment will no longer be for me.

Exactly my thoughts,honestly if things go all digital i would rather buy original Xbox than the new one.I didn’t have one in the beginning but now i might get it for old school experience😊
I bought some original Xbox games digital on 360 but they all have some performance issues,so im not sure.And also there are too little games backwards compatible from so many great old games.

I hope you get your wish, but I see Halo Infinite being an internet connected game across the board. It’s going to be released on all Xbox consoles an PC, I think there will be updates required for all. Also, if it is a gaas title I imagine it will require a connection every time you switch on. We’ll get more info throughout the year, hopefully it’s good news for your campaign.

Considering we’re getting legit LAN again I’m sure the campaign at least will be playable offline if nothing else.

MS would surely like to force online only but as someone has already pointed out, this would be a suicide move and cost 343 even more respect. Campaign will be playable entirely offline and not require any authentication even when playing the additional story add ons which they will no doubt be doing this time. Failure to do this will cost them. Unfortunate we lost Forge behind the lie that it needs online to function but it does seem campaign is safe for now. If not then many of us will simply abandon the franchise because while yes we pretty much all have good online these days, that alone doesn’t guarantee we’ll be able to play these games many years from now if the authentication doesn’t exist

> 2592250499819446;11:
> I hope you get your wish, but I see Halo Infinite being an internet connected game across the board. It’s going to be released on all Xbox consoles an PC, I think there will be updates required for all. Also, if it is a gaas title I imagine it will require a connection every time you switch on. We’ll get more info throughout the year, hopefully it’s good news for your campaign.

It can be games as service PvE and PvP modes separate from Campaign.Halo 5 and Gears 4,5 had Campaigns that were finished products not needing updates and playable offline.
I imagine the same for Infinite which is 5 years in development,to have a perfect working offline Campaign.

> 2533274951753761;14:
> > 2592250499819446;11:
> > I hope you get your wish, but I see Halo Infinite being an internet connected game across the board. It’s going to be released on all Xbox consoles an PC, I think there will be updates required for all. Also, if it is a gaas title I imagine it will require a connection every time you switch on. We’ll get more info throughout the year, hopefully it’s good news for your campaign.
>
> It can be games as service PvE and PvP modes separate from Campaign.Halo 5 and Gears 4,5 had Campaigns that were finished products not needing updates and playable offline.
> I imagine the same for Infinite which is 5 years in development,to have a perfect working offline Campaign.

I’m sure it can work like the games you mentioned, I never said it could not. However, it depends on how the campaign is delivered. As stated we know nothing of Halo Infinite’s campaign or pvp. We’ll know more as the year goes. Hopefully you get your wish, but there are players like me that don’t mind always online, in fact I cannot remember the last time I played without being connected to XBL.

Wait, Forge in online-only? Shame.

I don’t see why they would do that to Forge and I certainly don’t see why they would lock campaign behind an online login.

Definitely, online only games are pretty much just something that you might think you are buying as a product that stays but it will be basically taken away when servers shutdown.
At least what can be played alone or in splitscreen should always have offline ability as part of your property that you bought.

Online only aspect could just die away for all I care.

> 2533275031939856;12:
> Considering we’re getting legit LAN again I’m sure the campaign at least will be playable offline if nothing else.

Is it LEGIT LAN though? I mean as in no internet at all? As far as I know, they haven’t confirmed that. LAN is in yes, but we don’t know in what form. Maybe it’ll be a other Halo 5 type situation, who knows…

I agree that I’m sure campaign will be playable offline aswell. A other reason why Halo 3 was so big and popular was because everything was available offline. Campaign, LAN, Forge, theater, everything! I would love to see Halo and other games, Go back to this but I know that won’t happen unfortunately :pensive:

As a side note and I’m not trying to get off topic but I think this applies, this whole notion that everyone can get good internet everywhere (no matter where you live in the world) is just a load of crap! I don’t think people realize how many people on the planet can’t get decent internet or they can get decent internet speed but they can’t get a decent data plan. I don’t mean they’re not willing to pay for one, I mean they legitimately can’t get it as it’s not available or The only thing that is available just isn’t very good…but yes, for some affordability is also a problem. It’s much higher then people think. We are still unfortunately way off from everyone being on an even playing field when it comes to internet.

> 2533274815533909;18:
> > 2533275031939856;12:
> > Considering we’re getting legit LAN again I’m sure the campaign at least will be playable offline if nothing else.
>
> Is it LEGIT LAN though? I mean as in no internet at all? As far as I know, they haven’t confirmed that. LAN is in yes, but we don’t know in what form. Maybe it’ll be a other Halo 5 type situation, who knows…
>
> I agree that I’m sure campaign will be playable offline aswell. A other reason why Halo 3 was so big and popular was because everything was available offline. Campaign, LAN, Forge, theater, everything! I would love to see Halo and other games, Go back to this but I know that won’t happen unfortunately :pensive:
>
> As a side note and I’m not trying to get off topic but I think this applies, this whole notion that everyone can get good internet everywhere (no matter where you live in the world) is just a load of crap! I don’t think people realize how many people on the planet can’t get decent internet or they can get decent internet speed but they can’t get a decent data plan. I don’t mean they’re not willing to pay for one, I mean they legitimately can’t get it as it’s not available or The only thing that is available just isn’t very good…but yes, for some affordability is also a problem. It’s much higher then people think. We are still unfortunately way off from everyone being on an even playing field when it comes to internet.

I believe it was legit LAN but I should double check, I’ll try to find where I saw that.

> 2592250499819446;15:
> > 2533274951753761;14:
> > > 2592250499819446;11:
> > > I hope you get your wish, but I see Halo Infinite being an internet connected game across the board. It’s going to be released on all Xbox consoles an PC, I think there will be updates required for all. Also, if it is a gaas title I imagine it will require a connection every time you switch on. We’ll get more info throughout the year, hopefully it’s good news for your campaign.
> >
> > It can be games as service PvE and PvP modes separate from Campaign.Halo 5 and Gears 4,5 had Campaigns that were finished products not needing updates and playable offline.
> > I imagine the same for Infinite which is 5 years in development,to have a perfect working offline Campaign.
>
> I’m sure it can work like the games you mentioned, I never said it could not. However, it depends on how the campaign is delivered. As stated we know nothing of Halo Infinite’s campaign or pvp. We’ll know more as the year goes. Hopefully you get your wish, but there are players like me that don’t mind always online, in fact I cannot remember the last time I played without being connected to XBL.

If a game is not MMO or Multiplayer only it should be playable offline imo.I have ton of games on Xbox One and 360 and they are all playable offline,i buy games on disk and check beforehand if the games are playable offline.
Im also playing most of the time connected to XBL,but i don’t have great online connection all the time.That’s why if i buy a game i want to be able to play it when i want no matter if i have internet or not.